Author Topic: Brett Deledio and Troy Chaplin on SEN  (Read 372 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio and Troy Chaplin on SEN
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:36:12 PM »
Lids and Chaplin on SEN's 'Morning Glory' ...

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/3824168-brett-deledio-chats-to-morning-glory

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio and Troy Chaplin on SEN
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:38:50 PM »
Chaplin and Deledio on Chris Yarran and 2016 expectations

John Takemura
SEN
18 Nov 2015, 03:34PM

New recruit Chris Yarran will play a pivotal role in determining Richmond’s fortunes in 2016, according to Troy Chaplin and Brett Deledio.

Yarran has already started training at Punt Road and Chaplin says the former Carlton defender is impressing his new teammates early on.

“We went for a run yesterday and we saw him briefly at the club,” Chaplin told SEN’s Morning Glory.

“It’s good to see him down there. He’s obviously going to be a pretty important player for us, and he off his own bat started a week and a half early just to get to know the younger guys.”

Deledio added that Yarran arriving at the club early to do extra work will earn the respect of his teammates.

“I think the best thing about a guy coming in for his first year with us is earning the respect of the boys and he’s certainly done that early,” he said.

Deledio spoke up about the expectations of the club to take the next step of winning finals and premierships and says the efforts in the last three years simply haven’t been good enough.

“I think every club is going for one to play finals and to win a flag,” he admitted.

“I think that’s a pass mark for any club. I go into every season looking to do that.

“You’re filthy with the last three years, what we’ve served (in the finals) and we’re looking to go better.”

He says the failures have left a bitter taste, despite the Tigers steadily increasing their win tally year by year and improving their playing style.

“Everyone gets sick of, oh yeah well we played finals", said Deledio.

“Yeah we’re developing, we’re playing better, but you play for the ultimate success and that’s what I’m striving for and like I said before Chappy is exactly the same.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/chaplin-and-deledio-on-chris-yarran-and-2016-expectations#ijsz3uWU6r0vU8F1.97

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Brett Deledio and Troy Chaplin on SEN
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »
Start a thread with Chaplin's name in the title....you know what's going to happen now....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.