Author Topic: The aftermath Rd.2  (Read 8207 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: The aftermath Rd.2
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 10:08:35 PM »
If its the King incident and I was coach this would be the advice I would give the kid.
1/ Dont play from behind, if you do you will run the risk of your opponent pushing back and then it is only natural that you will nudge or push him the back,
2/ Play side by side, Get a tape of Darren Gaspar in his prime, always played side by side and kept him opponent to the bounday at all costs, .
Might add Will Thursfield was doing this before he did his knee and is struggling a bit at the moment in regards to his speed.,thus getting caught behind

King was in front Jack .... look it is a stupid rule but if you place a hand in an opponents back then it is supposed to be free.. King should have got the free...because Grant placed one hand in his back....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »
If its the King incident and I was coach this would be the advice I would give the kid.
1/ Dont play from behind, if you do you will run the risk of your opponent pushing back and then it is only natural that you will nudge or push him the back,
2/ Play side by side, Get a tape of Darren Gaspar in his prime, always played side by side and kept him opponent to the bounday at all costs, .
Might add Will Thursfield was doing this before he did his knee and is struggling a bit at the moment in regards to his speed.,thus getting caught behind

King was in front Jack .... look it is a stupid rule but if you place a hand in an opponents back then it is supposed to be free.. King should have got the free...because Grant placed one hand in his back....

There were 2 free kicks involving King

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
Re Tambling

Let me preface my remarks by saying I was at ground level in the Olympic Stand with no radio or other input from supporters, so I don't have any stats to go on  - but I can't see how he can be among our best.

I thought he cost us the first two goals of the second half with skill errors and always seems to have his body movements ahead of his brain. In the last quarter when we were pushing he was standing next to Wells in front of the members one second and in a flash Wells was making it two on one down the wing with Tambling 30 metres away trotting.  He looks flash at times but doesn't do anywhere near enough for mine.

For me the excuses are up for Tambling. He's indigenous he's from NT he's young he's this he's that. Plain  and simple he does not get enough of it and when he does he does not do enough with it. Flashy bits here and there and that is about it. His development has been slow and laborious when compared to other indigenous boys.
Franklin- may have a thriving and active "social life" but on a bad day like last nite he will kick 2 or 3 and what about Cyril Rioli and Stokes from the Hawks. Both boys are like grease lightning with 2nd 3rd and 4th efforts.
Time is up with Tambling we should accept that he is nowhere near consistent and good enough and rather than sugar coat these responces as he was a pick 4 in the draft and alot has been made by Terry picking him up ahead of Franklin and making a big deal about it and preying to God he will become a matchwinner. All he is, is a Richmond version of Leon Davis a few touches here and there light frame very flashy generally inconsistent and will never ever reach the potential alot of supporters believe he has. If ppl can just realise this then we can accept it and get on with life rather than waiting for that miracle to happen which won't as he is nowhere near good enough as the pick 4 draft we recruited in November 2004. Just not nowhere near good enough. Just does does not do enough and that is the truth plain and simple. 15-20 touches at best a few goals and a flashy act here and there. That pretty much sums up Richie in reality plain and simple.
We need to swallow our pride and accept this.

Moi

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 10:11:09 PM »
Umpires affect on the game............................ZERO

Correct! :thumbsup

They did ... the margin should only be 35 points ... Grant's free a shocker...

Actually make that 29 points Jones in the fanl quarter tripping over his own feet, going to his knees and the falling forward..

You want a real disgrace of the game the hands in the back rule  :banghead :banghead Goes from bad to worse
To say they lost the game for us wouldn't be true, but some of their decisions or non-decisions were laughable.
North player spins around holding the ball, gets tackled no free.  If we did a 360 whilst being tackled, be a free straight away to them.  But they go on and goal after it  :banghead

Moi

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »

Replay was inconclusive i reckon, although I think Kingy should have been given the benefit of the doubt.
Commentators didn't think it was a free (why doesn't that amaze me lol) as they thought it wasn't his hands but forearms that edged him out. Just a real dirty night for Kingy :-(

Little Jackie

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »
Re Tambling

Let me preface my remarks by saying I was at ground level in the Olympic Stand with no radio or other input from supporters, so I don't have any stats to go on  - but I can't see how he can be among our best.

I thought he cost us the first two goals of the second half with skill errors and always seems to have his body movements ahead of his brain. In the last quarter when we were pushing he was standing next to Wells in front of the members one second and in a flash Wells was making it two on one down the wing with Tambling 30 metres away trotting.  He looks flash at times but doesn't do anywhere near enough for mine.

For me the excuses are up for Tambling. He's indigenous he's from NT he's young he's this he's that. Plain  and simple he does not get enough of it and when he does he does not do enough with it. Flashy bits here and there and that is about it. His development has been slow and laborious when compared to other indigenous boys.
Franklin- may have a thriving and active "social life" but on a bad day like last nite he will kick 2 or 3 and what about Cyril Rioli and Stokes from the Hawks. Both boys are like grease lightning with 2nd 3rd and 4th efforts.
Time is up with Tambling we should accept that he is nowhere near consistent and good enough and rather than sugar coat these responces as he was a pick 4 in the draft and alot has been made by Terry picking him up ahead of Franklin and making a big deal about it and preying to God he will become a matchwinner. All he is, is a Richmond version of Leon Davis a few touches here and there light frame very flashy generally inconsistent and will never ever reach the potential alot of supporters believe he has. If ppl can just ralise this then we can accept it and get on with life rather than waiting for that miracle to happen which won't as he is nowhere near good enough as the pick 4 draft we recruited in November 2004. Just not nowhere near good enough. Just does does not do enough and that is the truth plain and simple. 15-20 touches at best a few goals and a flashy act here and there. That pretty much sums up Richie in reality plain and simple.
We need to swallow our pride and accept this.

Totally agree

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »
Maybe Tambling = Krakouer

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 10:30:21 PM »
Maybe Tambling = Krakouer

Ridiculous premise.

Wash your keyboard immediately
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:27:02 AM by one-eyed »

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 12:56:20 AM »
Tambling is showing signs, some some very nice inside work which sometimes goes unnoticed, still makes mistakes, but he is improved from 12 months ago.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 02:13:31 AM »
Richard Tambling i thought was Good. Good being he wanted the Football. I honestly think he has bad luck. He gets caught with the Football only because he gets it first and gets tackled. He had the football slapped out of his hands which was a fluke. Tambling in the midfield was good. He still needs to chase and run hard to man up like the rest of the players.

When we have the Football we look good. Without the football we are slack and look slow. Very bad defensive plan.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 02:26:09 AM »
Tambling is showing signs, some some very nice inside work which sometimes goes unnoticed, still makes mistakes, but he is improved from 12 months ago.
Agree Ramps. Blingers was about the only Tiger who could win the ball and a clearance. There just was no support in there with Foley well held. The blocking, protecting and shepherding of last week was totally non-existent yesterday  :banghead. It was laughable at one stage watching Tambo in the centre of the ground against 5 Roos and then having to be the only one doing the chasing.

You don't win many games with a majority of passengers.

We were flat to start with so we were playing catch up from the first minute and most Tigers didn't want to do the hard yards anyway as someone said. When we had the ball no one was running hard into space when we switched the play. North did very well spreading out and zoning across the middle of the ground and we were too dumb to break it down. When we did work hard through a good chase to gain possession we just turned it back over to North. Our mistakes gave them a free ride into their forward line.  

When North had the ball Tigers were 10-20m off their direct opponent and North continually worked the ball down either wing keep the 40m space ahead of the kicker open so they could easily lead into that space (again we were too dumb to wake up to what they were doing - all it needed was someone to stand in the hole and force the kicker to go sideways).

We were dominated in the centre thanks to McIntosh and Hale being too tall in the ruck (we need a 200+cm ruckman) and our lazy mids were continally second to the ball and reactive.  A simple case of bad old habits. North owned the centre corridor - game over.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
Thought King was hard done by with that free against him.  What about the mark Moore took that wasn't paid?  Even the commentators (Spud included) said it should have been paid.  Some plain dumb kicking all round.  Schultz kicking to McMahon who was practically facing backwards.  Polak bombing to Richo who had 5 opponents.  Joel Bowden - several times.  McMahon - several times.  I didn't think Tambling was out of the ordinary.  Needs to make his tackles stick.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
Worried about Browny as well.
Despite a few cameos last week he has been well held both games and is having trouble getting near the footy. Looks a pace or two short at the moment and that's not helpful when you are a crumbing forward.
He'd want to play well next week against his bunnies or dare I say it he might be having a stint at Coburg. :-\

Tigermonk

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »
the Kangaroos were waiting for this clash, they smashed us from fitness, skills, game plan, coaching,
we didnot have any winners & nothing to take out of that game,  we were simply smashed by a better club
Dont blame the umpires  blame the coaching & the players that was pathetic from all involved  :banghead
6.2k in 2 rounds & we aint even near round 6  :banghead RFC can get stuffed  :banghead
them players would have leather burns for over use of the ball, Stupid decision & Raines  :lol his as stupid as McMahon another recruited dud why do we recruit this weakling type players,
Jackstar your on the money  :thumbsup everything you been bagged about in the past weeks is showing out in the tigers now
No excuses at all from anyone we were smashed by a better club. The cracks have appeared there are too many passengers on good money  :help

Little Jackie

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
the Kangaroos were waiting for this clash, they smashed us from fitness, skills, game plan, coaching,
we didnot have any winners & nothing to take out of that game,  we were simply smashed by a better club
Dont blame the umpires  blame the coaching & the players that was pathetic from all involved  :banghead
6.2k in 2 rounds & we aint even near round 6  :banghead RFC can get stuffed  :banghead
them players would have leather burns for over use of the ball, Stupid decision & Raines  :lol his as stupid as McMahon another recruited dud why do we recruit this weakling type players,
Jackstar your on the money  :thumbsup everything you been bagged about in the past weeks is showing out in the tigers now
No excuses at all from anyone we were smashed by a better club. The cracks have appeared there are too many passengers on good money  :help

;) Only post what I know