Author Topic: Plough's aftermatch media conference / Wallace flags changes  (Read 5325 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough's aftermatch media conference / Wallace flags changes
« on: March 30, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »
Wallace flags changes
Matt Burgan
richmondfc.com.au
9:32 PM Sun 30 March, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has promised changes after the Tigers lost their first match for the season against North Melbourne on Sunday.

Calling his side’s performance in the 41-point defeat "extremely poor", Wallace said he would drop players who “don’t respect the guernsey”.

"Last year we lost games and had a pretty ordinary season and at times we couldn't do anything about it - we just didn't have the blokes up and running and we had to go with the same blokes who let us down week-in, week-out," Wallace said.

"But I just wanted to let our supporter base know that we're fully fit and healthy and we've got blokes running around at [VFL side] Coburg … and blokes that don't respect the guernsey won't play.

"We're in a position where we can do that and we'll make changes to the side until we can get the right blokes in there that want to compete, so our supporters shouldn't walk away thinking they're going to get the same old, same old, because we'll throw it around and give some young blokes an opportunity until we get the right blokes in that want to compete."

Roos coach Dean Laidley fumed after his side’s 41-point win about an “unfair playing field”, with the Tigers enjoying a 10-day rest between rounds compared to North’s six days.

But Wallace said the side’s long break worked against it.

Wallace said the six-day break helped a "hardened" North Melbourne produce a far superior performance.

"Playing the first game of the opening round through to waiting around for the very last game of the Sunday game [is difficult] with the blokes sitting around all of the time," Wallace said.

"I think the Kangaroos – six days, angry and getting on with the next job straight away – versus us – fairly comfortable with ourselves over 10 days – made a huge difference.

"You try to warn blokes and they get a little bit of publicity and a few things happen, but [the Kangaroos] were much, much too strong for us and we couldn't get our hands on the footy."

Wallace said North Melbourne set the example from the first quarter.

"I'd spoken to my guys about the car careering towards you in one direction and we needed to be a car careering back in the other direction - not a pedestrian being run over - and we ended up being exactly that pedestrian in the first quarter," Wallace said.

"I've got no issue about the umpiring - our blokes were second to the ball and paid the penalty and the price for that."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=57094

Little Jackie

Re: Plough's aftermatch media conference / Wallace flags changes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
Changes, ummmmmmmmm
Come end of week and there will only be 2 , i bet you ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »
and 2 or 3 the week after

till he gets the mix right

he aint gonna drop brown for one bad game but he will and drop hyde and should drop a few others

we will see over the next 2 weeks

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »
Johnson in ...obviously
Raines out ...obviously

Morton in...obviously
? out ...obviously

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »

PETTS

Little Jackie

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
As long as we dont bring in Jokely Nichols ::)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
I know it will kill some people but based on FORM - Tivendale deserves a game.

Morton must play IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
As long as we dont bring in Jokely Nichols ::)

He won't make it.

From Coburg game Morton and Tivers will make it.

Jack needs a lot more body weight, plenty of time.

The ruckman (forget his name) looked good.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »
The ruckman is a rookie. (Cartledge?)

I still think Jack is a better option than Cleve.

:)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 10:26:56 PM »
Ins should be Johnson, Morton, Riewoldt, and one of Connors Edwards or Tivendale.

Outs should be Hyde, Raines , Polo , Hughes

Coach will be reactive to our loss and Coburgs big win. Unsure if this will balance up the side as I think Hughes has more talent than Jack. Would love to see Daniel Connors in for Mcmahon at half back, but dropping McMahon this early in the season would be an admittance from Terry the recruiters and the coaching staff as a mistake in recruiting him on their behalf so we'll have to deal with his softness passenger  pansy playing football for a few more weeks at least.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
Morton should come in but seeing he is a soft flanker he has to replace another of his type..Ie Petts

Morton
Jonhson
White
Riewoldt

for

Hyde
Pettifer
Raines
Polak (out of form or unfit or both)

Bowden and Brown to spend a lot of the first quarter on the bench as a maessage that they are on thin ice..

Little Jackie

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »
Ins should be Johnson, Morton, Riewoldt, and one of Connors Edwards or Tivendale.

Outs should be Hyde, Raines , Polo , Hughes

Coach will be reactive to our loss and Coburgs big win. Unsure if this will balance up the side as I think Hughes has more talent than Jack. Would love to see Daniel Connors in for Mcmahon at half back, but dropping McMahon this early in the season would be an admittance from Terry the recruiters and the coaching staff as a mistake in recruiting him on their behalf so we'll have to deal with his softness passenger  pansy playing football for a few more weeks at least.

McMahon is the softest player in the game.
Dont bother going next week if Tivs and Jordo are on the same team.
Pass the fairy floss

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 10:32:52 PM »
The ruckman is a rookie. (Cartledge?)

I still think Jack is a better option than Cleve.

:)

I rate Cleve higher than Jack. In terms of their games played at AFL level Cleve has more shots on goal per game than what Jack does. Cleve has more courage also but needs to lift his work rate. Jack to me seems to slow of the mark finds it difficult to get into space and tends to play from behind alot. We can't be reactive and drop Cleve merely because Jack kicked 6 this week for the Burgers. Would rather see Jack kick 20 goals in the next 4 weeks at Coburg and if Cleve's form warrants him being dropped then so be it. We can't keep alternating these two every few weeks we need to give them significant game time at this level 5-7 games to help them find their niche. Dropping them then promoting them then dropping them again hinders both player and club and hurts the rest of the team who have become used to one of these boys playing long term with them. Play one or both Terry but do it for a while and not as a reactionary solution to what happens with Richmond and Coburg.

Little Jackie

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
Changes, ummmmmmmmm

Terry Wallet, master of spin , full of crap.
Told you there would be 2. and what big axings they were, Polo and Hyde. Terry Wallet=Clown

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
Changes, ummmmmmmmm

Terry Wallet, master of spin , full of crap.
Told you there would be 2. and what big axings they were, Polo and Hyde. Terry Wallet=Clown

Only two changes hey? Interesting comment given the side isn't finalised until tomorrow......