Author Topic: Changes Round 3  (Read 1975 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Changes Round 3
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:16:15 AM »
Terry has said there will be changes made for Round 3. Type who you think will be In/Out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Changes Round 3
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 02:38:33 AM »
WP and I were talking about this at the end of the game.

Sugar for Raines (inj)

Morton for Cleve. Jack's an obvious swap for Cleve but both need to gain a yard so went for Morton.

Tivs or White maybe in for Hyde (sorry Chris you've played your last game).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 02:52:06 AM »
Ins (Outs)

(these changes are what i want to see)

Johnson (Raines)
Morton (Hyde, hopefully never plays for Richmond again!)
Riewoldt (Polak)
Edwards (McMahon, He is "A Girl")

TUCK, TUCK, TUCK ... should be considered being dropped

When is Coughlan back ??? Where is Gourdis ??? How far is Cotchin ??? and Meyer ???

Don't drop Cleve Hughes. He is our future in forward line, he needs match experience Polo plays one match and people want to drop him ??? what is he going to learn ??? He did play on Havery. If that is the case, you should drop Brown, Pettifer, McMahon (All Terry's Favorites aka A.T.F). That will never happen.

Why isn't Deledio playing in the centre at all times ??? Deledio is very soft too if Richmond supporters haven't noticed!

Where do you play Schutz ??? Forward or Back ??? If he can do both which he showed he can, then Polak isn't needed. Polak is SO SLOW. Great hands, but SLOW.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »
Gerard Healy kept going on how Cleve doesn't follow through with his leg when he goes for goal.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
Ins (Outs)

(these changes are what i want to see)

Johnson (Raines)
Morton (Hyde, hopefully never plays for Richmond again!)
Riewoldt (Polak)
Edwards (McMahon, He is "A Girl")

TUCK, TUCK, TUCK ... should be considered being dropped

When is Coughlan back ???not sure but its a hammy. Where is Gourdis ??? Gourdis wont be playing all year imo   How far is Cotchin ??? Hopefully return to the VFL this round or next.and Meyer ??? Dunno

Why isn't Deledio playing in the centre at all times ??? Deledio is very soft too if Richmond supporters haven't noticed!Are you kidding?  You didnt notice what Lids did in the midfield in the in-and-under last night when Terry finally put him in.  :-\

Where do you play Schutz ??? Forward or Back ??? If he can do both which he showed he can, then Polak isn't needed. Polak is SO SLOW. Great hands, but SLOW.  Back, I like the look of what he does back there, not not convinced of him up forward.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »
IN:
Morton Riewoldt White Johnson

Out:
Hughes McMahon Hyde Raines

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
Likely changes

Out                             In

Raines (inj)                 Johnson

Hyde                         White

Pett                          Morton

And finally an unlikely but required and justified change IMO

Out                       In

Brown                Riewoldt

Justification

Outs

Raines - injury

Hyde - was given a chance but but came up wanting once again :(

Petts - didn't follow the game plan. I understand TW was very disappaointed with him and Browny for not following his directions. Has unperformed this year and doesn't seem to have the fitness this season to play as the CHF role running up into the midfield.

Unlikely Out - Brown

Browny is not the player he was and doesn't seem to have the speed or agility he needs to get away from his opponent and cause damage. He still is a great kick but is becoming more of a liability that an asset of late.

Ins

Johnson - we missed his strength, experince and (dare I say it) leadership. He played a great game last week and deserves his place in the midfield. He was actually missed last night!

White - played a sensational game on the weekend for Coburg where he seemed to be everywhere and in everything. Tiv, Connors and Collins also all played good games but White was the stand out.

Morton - similiarly to White, Morton played a great game for the 2nd this week where he kicked a lazy 7. He was recruited to play in the seniors and has proven that he has the ability to be dangerous on the HFF and up the wing.

Unlikely In - Riewoldt

Unlikely because of who he would be replacing more than because of anything he hasn't done. Riewoldt played a terrific game and kicked 6 goals himself and could have finished with 7 himself but unselfishlessly handballed off to Morton who was waiting in the goal square for one goal.

Riewoldt has the engine and played up the ground for some of the Coburg game and always looks dangerous. He plays for the team and is a natural leader but I feel he is still needs more size before he can play the HF role (which I get the feeling he is being groomed for). Morton would be my first choice at the moment but I wouldn't be unhappy if Riewoldt was included instead...as long as he takes his opportunities to kick for goal rather than always looking to pass off the Richo (a epidemic down at Tigerland it seems ;()

Whatever the changes I agree with you julzqld - Lids needs to be in the centre and Cleve needs more time to dvelop and gain confience which is why he missed the first couple of goals last night. We need strength and finishing skills in the middle and Lids possesses both. With Foley taking the number one tagger each week Lids may find that he doesn't have the same tagging problems he had in he past but regardless he needs to learn strategies to brake tags.

Stripes

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
Likely changes

Out                             In

Raines (inj)                 Johnson

Hyde                         White

Pett                          Morton

Out                       In

Brown                Riewoldt

Justification

Outs

Raines - injury

Hyde - was given a chance but but came up wanting once again :(

Petts - didn't follow the game plan. I understand TW was very disappaointed with him and Browny for not following his directions. Has unperformed this year and doesn't seem to have the fitness this season to play as the CHF role running up into the midfield.

Unlikely Out - Brown

Browny is not the player he was and doesn't seem to have the speed or agility he needs to get away from his opponent and cause damage. He still is a great kick but is becoming more of a liability that an asset of late.

Ins

Johnson - we missed his strength, experince and (dare I say it) leadership. He played a great game last week and deserves his place in the midfield. He was actually missed last night!

White - played a sensational game on the weekend for Coburg where he seemed to be everywhere and in everything. Tiv, Connors and Collins also all played good games but White was the stand out.

Morton - similiarly to White, Morton played a great game for the 2nd this week where he kicked a lazy 7. He was recruited to play in the seniors and has proven that he has the ability to be dangerous on the HFF and up the wing.

Unlikely In - Riewoldt

Unlikely because of who he would be replacing more than because of anything he hasn't done. Riewoldt played a terrific game and kicked 6 goals himself and could have finished with 7 himself but unselfishlessly handballed off to Morton who was waiting in the goal square for one goal.

Riewoldt has the engine and played up the ground for some of the Coburg game and always looks dangerous. He plays for the team and is a natural leader but I feel he is still needs more size before he can play the HF role (which I get the feeling he is being groomed for). Morton would be my first choice at the moment but I wouldn't be unhappy if Riewoldt was included instead...as long as he takes his opportunities to kick for goal rather than always looking to pass off the Richo (a epidemic down at Tigerland it seems ;()

Whatever the changes I agree with you julzqld - Lids needs to be in the centre and Cleve needs more time to dvelop and gain confience which is why he missed the first couple of goals last night. We need strength and finishing skills in the middle and Lids possesses both. With Foley taking the number one tagger each week Lids may find that he doesn't have the same tagging problems he had in he past but regardless he needs to learn strategies to brake tags.

Stripes

I like everything you have said except for Browny out. I think before he gets dropped give him more of a go in the middle,  get the confidence and possesions up if that don't work then maybe drop him. 1 more week for Browny he can change the game when he is in form. :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »

Out                       In

Brown                Riewoldt

Crazy stuff.
Brown kicked 3 last week and was largely responsible for winning the game when switched to the middle.
His performance yesterday was ordinary but far too early in the piece to make a call like this.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »
Browny has never recovered fully from his injury and has lost much of his agility. He has been blanketed by the opposition in both games. Last week I think his goals were as much opportunistic as through good play but one thing is for certain, he still knows how to kick a ball.

I love the guy and will never forget his '05 form but I just hope I am wrong about his dwindling speed and elusiveness.

I hope I am wrong because If I am it means a lot more wins for the Tigers this year!

Stripes

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
IMO Hughes needs to stay in the team and be given at least 5 consecutive games to settle in. It isn't going to help him throwing him back to the Burgers after 2 games. The only really negative in his game yesterday was his goal-kicking. He lead reasonably well IMO and ended up with 3-4 shots on goal. If he had his kicking boots on and kicked 3 everyone would be singing his praises.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:17:05 PM »
IMO Hughes needs to stay in the team and be given at least 5 consecutive games to settle in. It isn't going to help him throwing him back to the Burgers after 2 games. The only really negative in his game yesterday was his goal-kicking. He lead reasonably well IMO and ended up with 3-4 shots on goal. If he had his kicking boots on and kicked 3 everyone would be singing his praises.
I like the look of cleve. He`s got bigger,moves with more confidence and if he kicked straight( yes, i know good footballers kick straight) we all would have been rapt with his output. Petts is under the pump and so is Browny. He`s form has not been good if you count the pre season. Morton must come in, and someone for Rainesy but do we have to any further?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 11:44:55 PM »
whats happened to cleve's kicking?..was one of his strong points.

blx

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:44:31 AM »
i was watching his warm up and noticed his kicks were being sliced and moved late offline to the right.

this is exactly how his missed shots travelled too. a technique thing.

his kicks do have a beautiful flight so its nothing major so i have faith he'll be ok.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:43 AM »
dont think there will be radial changes this week

terry said in his press conference will make changes but wants to see how the boys go over a period of games not just 1 game

so next week

in sugar and mitch/tiv
out raines and hyde

tivendale may just get the nod to replace raines as he played off hbf for the burgers and ran hard

but i hope mitch riewoldt connors polo collins rance cotchin etc are all in the team by round 10