Author Topic: Chris Knights  (Read 5434 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Knights
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
Obviously I'd prefer a player trade, but I could manage us using our 3rd pick. It's going to be around the 50 mark anyway.
Hopefully we can trade one of our defenders for another earlier pick, potentially in the Tarrant trade

Would NOT want to trade Edwards, not a chance and can't see it happening

Collins?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »
Obviously I'd prefer a player trade, but I could manage us using our 3rd pick. It's going to be around the 50 mark anyway.
Hopefully we can trade one of our defenders for another earlier pick, potentially in the Tarrant trade

Collins?
Maybe, but probably not, I like the kid, can get stacks of the ball and isn't bad around the goals either. Would rather trade a player type we don't need.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »

Yet would trade Morton?

Not sure on this. Morton could develop into something really special next year.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »

Yet would trade Morton?

Not sure on this. Morton could develop into something really special next year.
Earlier this year I thought he was a good chance to be traded but certainly redeemed himself at the end of the year and would keep him now

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
CROW Chris Knights and Port Adelaide's Steven Salopek may be set to reject offers to return home to Victoria and re-sign by the end of the week.

Port Adelaide is increasingly confident it will keep its out-of-contract midfielder Salopek, who, like Knights, was sought by Victorian-based AFL clubs working the "go-home" factor.

Knights, who will be 24 on Grand Final day, could sign a new deal at Adelaide as soon as tomorrow.

That would keep the 2004 second-round draftee at Adelaide for his seventh season and add to his 75-game tally which was ruined this season by repetitive foot injuries.

Salopek, 25, has measured family issues and rumoured big offers from Essendon and Carlton.

The 2002 first-round draftee is not as advanced as Knights in closing a new deal with his club, but could have a contract in place at Port by next week.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »
Gee it's going to be boring then during the trade week isn't it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:33 PM »
Just the usual lots of rumours and innuendo but little action

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
Just the usual lots of rumours and innuendo but little action
Yeah true, then a couple of basement players shuffled around between clubs... all over.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 11:05:16 AM »
shut up shop here.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
CROW Chris Knights and Port Adelaide's Steven Salopek may be set to reject offers to return home to Victoria and re-sign by the end of the week.

Port Adelaide is increasingly confident it will keep its out-of-contract midfielder Salopek, who, like Knights, was sought by Victorian-based AFL clubs working the "go-home" factor.

Knights, who will be 24 on Grand Final day, could sign a new deal at Adelaide as soon as tomorrow.

That would keep the 2004 second-round draftee at Adelaide for his seventh season and add to his 75-game tally which was ruined this season by repetitive foot injuries.

Salopek, 25, has measured family issues and rumoured big offers from Essendon and Carlton.

The 2002 first-round draftee is not as advanced as Knights in closing a new deal with his club, but could have a contract in place at Port by next week.
Has he Signed??

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
Looks like it

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102694/default.aspx

ADELAIDE midfielder Chris Knights has ended any speculation of a return to his native Victoria by signing a new deal with the club.

Despite being limited to five AFL games this year because of injuries, Knights held off negotiations until recent weeks.

Upon returning from an overseas trip, the 24-year-old said he was pleased to have re-signed.

"I was keen to continue to be a part of the Adelaide Football Club. I can see success on the horizon, I love the environment and I've made close friends in the club," he said.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
Looks like it

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102694/default.aspx

ADELAIDE midfielder Chris Knights has ended any speculation of a return to his native Victoria by signing a new deal with the club.

Despite being limited to five AFL games this year because of injuries, Knights held off negotiations until recent weeks.

Upon returning from an overseas trip, the 24-year-old said he was pleased to have re-signed.

"I was keen to continue to be a part of the Adelaide Football Club. I can see success on the horizon, I love the environment and I've made close friends in the club," he said.

I dont know what Horizon he is looking at becuase the one i can see is yellow and black :gotigers

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
DELETE THREAD ITS TIME TO START CLEANING UP THE FORUM FROM ALL THE TRASH IMHO. ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »
DELETE THREAD ITS TIME TO START CLEANING UP THE FORUM FROM ALL THE TRASH IMHO. ;D

Bloody hell Ramps, there will be bugger-all left to read!!   :o

Ramps

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:59 PM »
Well its probably a good idea then Smoke  ;D