Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn game thread  (Read 18103 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn game thread
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »
Damn American channel cut to the next show before the team sang the song. Bastards!

They did on Down Under cable too, Buddy.  We'll have to wait 12 hours for it to be up on the club website. 

Damn American channel cut to the next show before the team sang the song. Bastards!

Yep foxtel i WA did the same thing, baaarrrssstttaaarrrdddssss

Here's the video link of the boys singing the song...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/453440/default.aspx

:gotigers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 08:07:11 AM »
Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrk! Thought we would win but not by that amount, said 34 but ffs GREAT WIN TIGES......WAHOOOOOOOOOOO.....Wish we went to this game too.... :'(

Bumped into a bloke at the social club who lives in Darwin and came down for a wedding and  to watch the Tigers while he was down here.
Gee what a day to come.

LID FULLY CLOSED.
Time to put all our eggs into beating the Saints now.(the players that is).
Wedding or funeral smasha?

[/quote]
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
Best l seen a team play in the wet for 4 solid quarters & totally dominate all over the ground. What stunned me more was Griffiths long kicks with a wet ball kicking over the Hawks zone. More happy he got through the game & can play next week. Jackson attack & kicking, stunning goal. Edwards coming out of his shell played a good game, Kingy back to attacking anything that moves including the football. Morris well his just a smart skilled footballer who is guts & takes the game on. Took Rioli to the cleaners. Rance freaks me out sometimes & destroyed reconcilliation. Tucky my man was BOG & gives those midfielders the best blocks. Maric recruit of the year shared BOG, Rewoldt has finally worked out that you must go to the ball like a champion to be a champion. Every player on that ground yesterday was so committed it what every supporters has wanted to see & will remember for along time.  :clapping  :clapping  :clapping

:gotigers

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
The best win I have seen in a long long time. We were undermined we were under dogs and were playing against a top four side who was not far off being full strength. It was a great team effort. Maric was outstanding in the ruck. He destroyed Hale. Griffiths deservedly was in the best. I will never forget that first goal being set up by a long bomb from Griffiths and a brilliant tap on by Maric. Tuck and Cotchin were outstanding. Even players like Jackson and Edwards played well. Morris deserves alot of credit for his attack on the ball and his team oriented play. The fact that we were not outscored in any quarter and responded to each challenge was the most pleasant aspect of the game and our forward line functioned well. King and Nahas played very good games.

Tigermonk

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
one major thing the side was doing yesterday was running in a swarm. When we did get tight, we had plenty of options. If we made a mistake there was a player there to pickup. At one stage we had so many around the contest that the players were getting dizzy. Yes we did get caught out a couple of times which gave them gift goals but every side does over 2 hours at some stage in todays football. But by playing that way we created so many goals & it took preasure off all the players. Buddy & Rioli looked 2nd tier players. Even Sam Mitchell was so frustrated & his gawn by the MRP surely

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
one major thing the side was doing yesterday was running in a swarm. When we did get tight, we had plenty of options. If we made a mistake there was a player there to pickup. At one stage we had so many around the contest that the players were getting dizzy. Yes we did get caught out a couple of times which gave them gift goals but every side does over 2 hours at some stage in todays football. But by playing that way we created so many goals & it took preasure off all the players. Buddy & Rioli looked 2nd tier players. Even Sam Mitchell was so frustrated & his gawn by the MRP surely

Gotta luv Steve Morris

Tigermonk

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
Yep Morris is a smart footballer. Morris vs Milne is going to be super viewing.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
That last Quarter was just orgasmic stuff, but the nuts and bolts was that 3rd qtr where in the past 'Yep It's said again' we would of cracked.
Goal for goal and as a long suffering was just waiting for Dawks to nail a couple in a row but we fought like mothers and got it back each and every time, THIS IS THE NEW RICHMOND !!!!!!
All aboard, the train has left the station ..........
SO SO happy today, has made my week and let's fix up this 26 spoon mob!

Tigermonk

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Luke Hodge just said on the Channel 7 footy show that Richmond was outstanding & made Hawthorn look 2nd rate. Also stated the Richmond midfield is great & the St-Kilda coach said they were worried about our midfield & how Tuck is very under-rated. l like Hodge, he never tells it any way but the truth.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »
Might play for the Hawks but barracked for Richmond, if it's in the blood it's in the blood  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
Might play for the Hawks but barracked for Richmond, if it's in the blood it's in the blood  :thumbsup

yeah l remember we wanted Hodge. would fit nicely in our premiership side. But in saying that  ;D we all know l like RFC to breed thier own  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Hawks were only missing Hodge.

What impressed me also was the spread once we got the ball.

Fast, furious, accurate and deadly. The linking up was magnificent.

Our skills have improved exponentially in the last two years.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »
Our skills needed to be good and they were. What really impressed was in the past would have got thumped on such occasion but not only did we not got thumped we handed out a thumping

Tigermonk

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
Our skills needed to be good and they were. What really impressed was in the past would have got thumped on such occasion but not only did we not got thumped we handed out a thumping

makes it all the more sweeter  ;D all my hawk mates are quite & hiding today  ;D even that l backed the hawks on the tab to win by 50 thats why l'm even more shocked  :lol