Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313052 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1485 on: November 20, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
He is a baby in 200cm terms.

Look at Cox, Sandilands, Maric, even Charlie Dixon and none of those types start to play good footy until 24-26 years of age.

Vickery's base is very promising.

Cutting him now would be as smart as cutting a drafted midfielder after one season.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1486 on: November 20, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »

Look at Cox, Sandilands, Maric, even Charlie Dixon and none of those types start to play good footy until 24-26 years of age.

Cutting him now would be as smart as cutting a drafted midfielder after one season.
Yep

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1487 on: November 20, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
I like that he clonked Cox. Other players will treat him with more respect especially if he ends up a bullocking ruckman and his size and weight are heading him there.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1488 on: November 20, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
Ideally Griff would be left at chf

Not wasted in ruck

Last chance Saloon for mine in 2015

200cm, 24 years old, 87 games, 101 goals.

How many of those would be his signature 'cheap handball receives over the outnumbered last defender'? 30? 40?

Its worth the same as a flamboyant goal

A goal from 1 Meter is six points as is one from 70

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:02:10 PM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #1489 on: November 20, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
I like that he clonked Cox. Other players will treat him with more respect especially if he ends up a bullocking ruckman and his size and weight are heading him there.

Not after the way he reacted emotionally - he felt so bad he couldn't get another touch thereafter.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1490 on: November 20, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
He was sad about the sand gropers booing him and the mokey fan having a go at him over th bench

Not mentality strong enough

Leading teams will fix it  :whistle

dwaino

« Reply #1491 on: November 20, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »

Not after the way he reacted emotionally - he felt so bad he couldn't get another touch thereafter.

This. That and the apology took away from it. Had he not done that we could be sitting here saying he is a bit of a poo truck but at least he has some go.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1492 on: November 20, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Hope he proves me and other doubters wrong. I reckon most people would agree he has the talent to be a very good player, but does he have the desire to make it. Apart from 1 good season a few years back he's hardly taken games by the scruff of the neck, at best a peripheral player who gets his fair share of cheapies over the top. Want to see him demand the ball, get front position and take some towering marks to inspire the side, worry opposition defenders and subsequently give jack a bit of a chop out. I'll back him bc he's a tiger and its a new season, new hope, just entering his prime theoretically, but not holding my breath

Good summation TM

the claw

« Reply #1493 on: November 21, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

thats just plain old ignorance at its best. if not ignorance a total and deliberate misinterpretation of exactly what those blokes did int their early yrs. dixon aside the other three were miles ahead of where vickery is at the same stage. its a chasm in fact.
performance wise hes way behind most ruckmen at the same age. ffs in 05 cox was an integral part of wce g/f side. he arrived the yr before that. sandilands has his knockers and rightly so  but he was a dominant force as a ruckman after just a few seasons.

ivan was a very competitive and servicable ruckman at the crows after just 4 seasons. im not sure why the crows let him go. but as a ruckman ivans early yrs are miles in front of the big girls blouse.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1494 on: November 21, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »
I don't get it craw, if Sandilands rightly has knockers, shouldn't he be wearing a big girls blouse?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1495 on: November 21, 2014, 08:06:55 AM »
ahh bs, he should smash the next prick who tries it on with him as well.  Then they will know for sure he really will not put up with bs just like staff and snake.  They will be watching him as much as the ball.  It is an old ruckmans trick, bloke I played with in the navy, first thing he did against the army ruckman was punched him in the head.  For the rest of the game, the army bloke was watching him instead of the ball so he won ever tap lol.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1496 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »
Sandilands

2003. Hithouts.   18
O4. 23
O5 23
O6 24
O7 26
O8 29
---
2012. 38
2014. 39

Carree goals p game.  0.4

Cox

01 hit outs.  10
2.  16
3.  17
4.  22
5.  23

169 goals / 290 games (career goals p game 0.5)

the claw

« Reply #1497 on: November 21, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »
I don't get it craw, if Sandilands rightly has knockers, shouldn't he be wearing a big girls blouse?
the obvious knocks on sandilands have been marking around the ground he just hant taken many for most of his career and he has never really thrown his body around consistently..yes people have rightly knocked him for parts of his game. what cant be disputed  for most of his career he has dominated the ruck role that included his early yrs.

mate maric sandi and cox looked like ruckmen were groomed in the role and have never ever had questions marks about what role they will do and what theyu will become.
we have had 6 yrs of vickery and we are still arguing what role he can perform ruck or fwd imo hes been very ordinary indeed at both roles and im still not sure if hes even good enough to make it at either.

apart from 1 yr his third i think where he managed to kick goals 35? in a similar vein to how he gets em now mind this bloke has disappointed in every area. stuff the potential tag his performances says hes ordinary and its time people startedrating him on them.entering yr 7 and turning 25 1 month into the season there can be no more excuses for this bloke.
my biggest fear right thruout has been hes not going to be a good kpf to hold down a kp for us and hes not going to be a good enough ruckman to take over from maric when he goes. to date those fears have been proved absolutely correct.
this is why i push so hard for more genuine and traditionally sized tall fwds on our list. griffiths looks the same.and mcbean while 200cm looks nothing like a power fwd and is not being developed as a ruckman or anywhere else.

i wont be sorry if we traded vickery out with 3 blokes at 200cm vieing for the same job we can and should look to off load one of them. vickery for me anyway no longer lives on potential he must deliver and significantly improve.
like every other tiger supporter i would really like this bloke to succeed and become a decent consistent player, while his performances are so poor and while  his best role remains undecided i will voice my criticisms of him.
i think criticism of him is justified.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1498 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Maric

2006. 9 hit out p game
2007. 8
---
12    31
13   23
14   25

the claw

« Reply #1499 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
sandiland in his first 5 yrs didnt have less then 350 h/oand by yr 5 had over 600
cox did look all gangly and unco in his first yr but by his 4th season he had become one of the lynch pins,  in 05 06 he was critical to  wce premiership tilts
maric while not as influential slowly built and by his 4th season had become a decent ruckman always competetive and always hard at it. way in front of girls blouse. who by the way has ave about 8h/o a game every single yr.
vickery in yr 6 i wont bring up what hes done as a ruckman or the stats quite frankly they are embarrasing and to try and compare vickery to the others even at the same stage  is just plain nonsense no stupidity.
the simple truth is and the club by its actions in going out and getting hamspud agreed that vickery was not the answer as a ruckman.

so the logical thing to do is compare him against kpfs because he hasnt improved one iota as a ruckman. but when you lack heart that is bound to happen in that role.