Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 245224 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1350 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:30 AM »
Booing Del Piero.....classy stuff from Judge's little Croat bum chums.
Blokes a diving prick.  :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1351 on: April 20, 2014, 02:57:25 AM »

With more talent still -at the age of 40 and at half pace- in his big toe than all the A-League's fifth rate hacks put together.

By all means boo him during the game but not after it, when it may be his last in the A-League. Any real soccer fan should be eternally grateful he decided to grace our two-bit, fifth rate poo truck of a comp. with his presence and help raise it's profile. Even the inbreds over in Adelaide were gracious enough to realise that and acted accordingly by paying tribute before & after Sydney's last game there.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1352 on: April 20, 2014, 11:29:31 PM »

With more talent still -at the age of 40 and at half pace- in his big toe than all the A-League's fifth rate hacks put together.

By all means boo him during the game but not after it, when it may be his last in the A-League. Any real soccer fan should be eternally grateful he decided to grace our two-bit, fifth rate poo truck of a comp. with his presence and help raise it's profile. Even the inbreds over in Adelaide were gracious enough to realise that and acted accordingly by paying tribute before & after Sydney's last game there.
I'm not one that booed him. I'll call him a cheating prick during the game.  :whistle 

How much did he really raise the profile of the league? Are crowds or viewers up? (genuine question I actually don't know the answer)

tony_montana

« Reply #1353 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »
TV ratings are up substantially this season from what ive heard, although thats more to do with the brand than just ADP. I think sydneys crowds have been up since he come though. Pretty sure there was a spike in away game crowds involving sydney last season(dont know abt this season) I know he gave heart their biggest gate outside of a derby last season when he came to town about 14k  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1354 on: April 22, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
TV ratings are up substantially this season from what ive heard, although thats more to do with the brand than just ADP. I think sydneys crowds have been up since he come though. Pretty sure there was a spike in away game crowds involving sydney last season(dont know abt this season) I know he gave heart their biggest gate outside of a derby last season when he came to town about 14k  ;D
Well there ya stuffing go. Big ADP. What a legend. :clapping :clapping

Can't say I've watched a Sydney FC game except flicking the channel to see if they are getting slapped.  :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1355 on: April 22, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
A-League was also shown in Italy with all Sydney FC games broadcast live over there due to Del Piero.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1356 on: April 22, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
A-League was also shown in Italy with all Sydney FC games broadcast live over there due to Del Piero.
Bet the wogs turned off after 5 minutes.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1357 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Tv ratings around dingly skyrocketed when Ricky Diaco was in form for mvfc

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1358 on: June 05, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »
DAVID Villa is coming to the A-League.

Spain’s all-time leading goalscorer will play 10 games during a guest stint for the club that is now officially known as Melbourne City in an incredible coup for Australian football.

Melbourne City, formerly known as Melbourne Heart, announced its much-anticipated name change on Thursday morning.

And the Manchester City-owned club has made its first huge splash in the market by luring Villa to town on loan from sister club New York City FC.

Villa said he was excited about the prospect of playing club football in Australia.

“It’s very good for me in every sense,” Villa said. “From a football point of view it’s the opportunity to play in a new league in a different country, and of course it will be ideal for me to get some competitive football in the period before the MLS season gets under way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1359 on: June 05, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain