Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244739 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 16, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »
Did you catch this one MT? Deadset howler. Lots of junk calls all weekend. Those handballs that were awarded in the box in the other games were rubbish. Geria lucky to not go off. Got carded them later on should have again. But typical A League fashion to give out the first one haphazardly but reluctant to issue a second. Agree with Bozza. If players and coaches are held accountable then so do the refs. I hope Victory request that Delovski never officiate another victory game.

Update: MVC making an official complaint http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/kevin-muscat-fumes-at-refereeing-standards-as-melbourne-victory-officials-put-the-heat-on-strebre-delovski-20150215-13fb9c.html
Yep, I saw it on the night. Ryall just belly flopped to the ground as he ran into the box without a defender within a metre of him. He's a cheat! It should have been a yellow card for simulation/diving. I'm glad Victory are making an official complaint about this. You can't have the same referee costing you games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1576 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
Isolated it is just childish and not worth the bother, but the clip he gave Gui on the head on the way through after he staged should have had him sent off. Not only did he fake a fall in the most deplorable fashion but he rubbed it in too. Was one of the most unsportsmanlike acts I've ever seen.

Some are arguing that we should have had another pen against us (I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, I think Leijer?) for contact in the box but from behind it looked like he won the ball first then made the contact. Any decision that needs an extra camera angle and a slow mo to refute is fine in my books, unlike Finkler against Ryall which was clear as day in real time the moment it happened. But A League officiating needs to be seriously looked at. Some of the hand balls given in the box in other games this round were ridiculous. Also how willy nilly they give out the first card but so reluctant to issue the second. Geria was so lucky not to be sent off Saturday night. Had he already not had one yellow IMO he would have got one for a number of his following infringements. These refs are costing teams games. Should we and Perth win every game from here on then we'll lose 1st spot by a point. Delovski may have just cost us the place.

tony_montana

« Reply #1577 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »
agreed with everything above ^^  what more I could I possibly say except - worst penalty decision I think Ive ever seen. Just blown away by it. Looking fwd to hearing the FFA's response, have never actually heard them come out and say yep, was a mistake, always unbelievably they endorse the decision. and that pedo germ Ryall needs to be suspended for 1.diving and 2. Inciting - scumbag

dwaino

« Reply #1578 on: February 17, 2015, 01:04:49 PM »
Heard this morning that Ryall is facing 2 matches for diving. Unfortunately doesn't get our 2 points back.

dwaino

« Reply #1579 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
Watching this AFC champs game.... That CCM own goal  :gobdrop

tony_montana

« Reply #1580 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »
 :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #1581 on: February 18, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »
Ryall gets off - wow :gobdrop

dwaino

« Reply #1582 on: February 18, 2015, 10:36:16 PM »
What a rot.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1583 on: February 19, 2015, 12:30:06 AM »
 :lol FFA FC are being punished by being forced to play that poo truck.  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #1584 on: February 19, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
Just read into it and basically he said he reckons he felt contact so he put mayo on it and dropped to the ground like he had been shot in the back. Even if that is true he is still diving because if anything he ran into the back of Gui's feet and he admitted went down in a gold winning performance. So then why didn't Gui trip then?  Clearly no contact. Now the FFA don't have to explain the ridiculous call on the night either. Hope someone takes the mickey in a game this weekend.

tony_montana

« Reply #1585 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »
It was this type of tripe that put me off the game 15 years ago and I started getting back the appreciation bc generally the ffa have been running a good ship in recent yrs, stuff like this just puts me off the sport. The afl have been doing it and its starting to catch up to them, a few decisions like this to "protect the brand" will see people turn away imo

dwaino

« Reply #1586 on: February 19, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
The AFL overcomplicated itself I think with so maybe rules that only exist in certain contexts. Soccer is very black and white. Is Bosnich right in that we should look at getting some better quality refs in from Asia? I imagine he's talking about poaching a ref or two from the J League for our bigger games.

Where would you put the A League in comparison to English football, TM? IMO In general I would have to say probably only League 1, but the top teams (Adelaide and Victory this season, WSW last season) could probably be competitive in championship. Are our refs only reflective of the level of our competition?

tony_montana

« Reply #1587 on: February 20, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »
I reckon you're spot on Dwaino regarding the standard being around league 1 except for the top end teams which could probably handle themselves in the championship. I don't think the skill gap is much, if at all tbh, more so a conditioning gap which comes from longer seasons and more games.

Got to do something about the referees, atm they are part time, either make them full time with the extra $$$ that will come to the game via the next TV rights deal or just increase their part time hrs bc the standard is not keeping up. Until then maybe Bozza is right, bring in better refs from Asia. Cant recall a worse collective refereeing performance - and last season was the worst prior to this season haha

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1588 on: February 20, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »
CYCLONE Marcia has forced the postponement of tonight’s A-League clash between the Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory at Suncorp Stadium.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league-heavy-rain-forces-brisbane-roars-game-with-melbourne-victory-to-be-called-off/story-fnk6pqhd-1227230200497

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1589 on: February 20, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »