Author Topic: Contoversial Topic #1 - Global Warming & Carbon Emissions Trading  (Read 88791 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Contoversial Topic #1 - Global Warming & Carbon Emissions Trading
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »
It's scientific fact that Dire Straits are shyte.
Dire Straits first four albums were brilliant. Telegraph road is an absolute classic song both lyrically and musically. it was when they went "twistin' by the pool" when they went off the rails for me.

dwaino

« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
Can't say I'm a big fan myself, but Sultan's of Swing is one of the holy grails of the guitar. Play that note for note from memory and you're on your way to being a legend. Huge respect.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:35 PM »
Can't say I'm a big fan myself, but Sultan's of Swing is one of the holy grails of the guitar. Play that note for note from memory and you're on your way to being a legend. Huge respect.
dwaino have a listen to the guitar in telegraph road.  :thumbsup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8sLmx2Oz6Y If you love guitar check out Mark Knopfler ripping it up from the 10 minute mark.

dwaino

« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »
Yep great playing :thumbsup eat em alive and myself quite the guitar junkies. He has the better rig though  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »
NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record.

The 10 warmest years in the instrumental record, with the exception of 1998, have now occurred since 2000. This trend continues a long-term warming of the planet, according to an analysis of surface temperature measurements by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS) in New York.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20150116/

Global Temperature anomaly graph 1880-2014: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/Fig.A2.pdf
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2015, 12:00:16 AM »
what annoys me most is the greens demanding that we reduce green house gasses yet they refuse to consider nuclear energy.  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2015, 12:17:23 AM »
what annoys me most is the greens demanding that we reduce green house gasses yet they refuse to consider nuclear energy.  :banghead
Nuclear fission is quite 'old-school' technology these days. It was also mentioned by the Howard government that it would take roughly 25 years for Australia to fully convert to nuclear. The future of nuclear is the holy grail of nuclear fusion reactors which in theory produce far less radioactive waste and won't meltdown with massive environmental and economic consequences to the local area. I remember a CSIRO report a couple of years ago where Hydrogen-generated energy was listed as part of Australia's long-term future energy market make-up along with the usual 'greenie' renewables such as solar, wind, thermal, etc. So I wouldn't discount nuclear (fusion) as being part of the long-term plan to reduce greenhouse gases.

The main political opposition to nuclear is moreso the NIMBY factor. Most people are happy to have major projects built provided it's not anywhere near them :yep. Also the best location for a nuclear reactor is actually near a desalination plant such as at Wonthaggi in Victoria which is in a Coalition-held seat. So I can't see any side of politics supporting it and risking the electoral backlash in their own seats. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

dwaino

« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »
Yeah it is really isn't it, TM. I owe my very job to Tesla (the man) and have always been a massive fan. If it wasn't for Edison and General Electric shafting Tesla then these sorts of innovations would have been realised decades ago.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
i'm not getting too excited yet, they are still using known technology L-ion which does not have a long life. no mention is made of the expected lifespan of these batteries, which has to be taken into account when talking cost as well as environmental impact.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »
Cells and batteries also don't put out enough power (actual power as in p=VI) to run or sustain motors, but ideas like these are great for powering things like lighting and low power appliances such as TV's and stuff.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »

According to a nutcase Liberal adviser...

Climate change a UN-led ruse, says Tony Abbott's business adviser Maurice Newman

Date May 8, 2015 - 10:34AM

Lisa Cox
National political reporter

Climate change is a hoax led by the United Nations so that it can end democracy and impose authoritarian rule, according to Prime Minister Tony Abbott's chief business adviser.

Maurice Newman, the chairman of the Prime Minister's business advisory council, has written in The Australian that scientific modelling showing the link between humans and climate change is wrong and the real agenda is a world takeover for the UN.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/climate-change-a-unled-ruse-says-tony-abbotts-business-adviser-maurice-newman-20150508-ggwuzt.html

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #267 on: May 09, 2015, 01:00:32 PM »

Take these two articles together and get really scared.

:lol

Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister in exile

Date May 9, 2015 - 12:15AM 

James Massola 
Political correspondent

Former prime minister Kevin Rudd has quit political life in Australia to take up a position as inaugural head of the Asia Society Policy Institute in New York. But observers say it's the post of UN Secretary General that really interests him. By James Massola.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/kevin-rudd-prime-minister-in-exile-20150508-ggv0no.html

According to a nutcase Liberal adviser...

Climate change a UN-led ruse, says Tony Abbott's business adviser Maurice Newman

Date May 8, 2015 - 10:34AM

Lisa Cox

Climate change is a hoax led by the United Nations so that it can end democracy and impose authoritarian rule, according to Prime Minister Tony Abbott's chief business adviser.

Maurice Newman, the chairman of the Prime Minister's business advisory council, has written in The Australian that scientific modelling showing the link between humans and climate change is wrong and the real agenda is a world takeover for the UN.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/climate-change-a-unled-ruse-says-tony-abbotts-business-adviser-maurice-newman-20150508-ggwuzt.html

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #268 on: May 09, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
No one is of more wasted humanity than a right wing conspiracy theorist. NO ONE

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »
isa Cox

Climate change is a hoax led by the United Nations so that it can end democracy and impose authoritarian rule,:facepalm according to Prime Minister Tony Abbott's chief business adviser.

democracy... ,  or ultra consumer-capitalism resource raping without limits?