Author Topic: Ben Nason delisted [updated]  (Read 29287 times)

the claw

Re: Ben Nason [merged]
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »
anyone else think nason has been overrated by the media?
yep agree. not just the media  our own.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »

For crying out loud can we get a little excited about anything this year or shall we continually bag everthing that sheds a tiny bit of light around the club???????

Yeah I know it's a forum and yep you have had your say but as your mother would have told you, sometimes if you havent got anything nice.......... well you get it!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »

For crying out loud can we get a little excited about anything this year or shall we continually bag everthing that sheds a tiny bit of light around the club???????

Yeah I know it's a forum and yep you have had your say but as your mother would have told you, sometimes if you havent got anything nice.......... well you get it!!

Isn't that nice, a bit of home spun advice from Mummy. 

:thumbsup

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
All we need from Nason is to be a solid player, with reliable skills who is a regular in the 22.

From what i've seen of him, he seems to have grasped the gameplan straight away.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
what overated? no-ones saying hes going to be a champ ::) hes playing a role and for pick 70ish i'm happy with the way hes coming along, works harder off the ball than just about any other richmond player.

some ppl are just ridiculous sometimes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

Isn't that nice, a bit of home spun advice from Mummy. 

:thumbsup

Another wolf in the sights..... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
what overated? no-ones saying hes going to be a champ ::) hes playing a role and for pick 70ish i'm happy with the way hes coming along, works harder off the ball than just about any other richmond player.

some ppl are just ridiculous sometimes

Thats what I was thinking tony. I dont think I've heard any one say he is a champ or a star, or even a future champ or star.

He's done all, if not more than, you could realistically expect from a late draft pick so far.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Love this kid. He's playing like a third year player 8 games in. Actually you feel pretty confident when he has the ball, if he can just cut out the loopy 20 yard kicks we'll be right.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 05:53:25 PM »
Couldn't care less how he's rated.

He does the 1% and plays to the game plan and as a pick 70 has been a steal.

Couldn't give a stuff how the media or others rate him.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Couldn't care less how he's rated.

He does the 1% and plays to the game plan and as a pick 70 has been a steal.

Couldn't give a stuff how the media or others rate him.

:thumbsup  Spot on Pope.  Funny how the tosspots having a crack at us in the media mention how we should have looked to the 2nd Division comps for some recruits a la Silvagni, Barlow, Podsiadly etc.  Thing is we did last year and got good service from Nahas, and then this year from Nason and now possibly Webberley.  Won't matter what we do - to the weak pricks in the media we are an easy cheap shot for those that haven't got the knowledge, intelligence and work ethic to research their stories before gobbing off in print.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »
nason is growing as an afl footballer

is better than advertised

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »
That's 8 games of footy and each game has had a number of positives in them.

WIll be an unsung hero in a very good side assuming we get to be one circa 2013-14 with his name being selected first on the teamsheet due to his continual effort and 1 percenters.

Does the things coaches love and hence will be a coaches favourite because of it and with the dreadlocks will develop cult status at the club.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »
Coaches love players like Nason. :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:09 AM »
Even watching on the telly you tell he works hard. Just keeps popping up all over the place. That pass to Jack early in the game was a gem.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2010, 04:39:52 AM »
Ben Nason mirrors Richmond's new breed who like its wicked song
Malcolm Conn
The Australian
June 04, 2010

A DAY after flying from Adelaide to celebrate his 21st birthday, Ben Nason's family will have prime seats under the Etihad Stadium roof tonight to watch the Richmond midfielder continue his impressive debut season against St Kilda.

It has been a big week for Nason and his family. Last Saturday they turned up to Adelaide's AAMI Stadium en masse to watch the former local boy in action as Richmond won its first game for the season, against Port Adelaide, in atrocious conditions.

With his flowing blond dreadlocks, Nason was a beacon in the gloom, a metaphor perhaps for the young players at Richmond who are rebuilding a gutted club from the ground up.

"It was the best, playing at home (in Adelaide) with all my friends and family there. I've always hated Port Power," he said, continuing the rivalry of a former Adelaide Crows supporter.

Nason was one of a number of Richmond players who got to sing the club's famous victory song for the first time as it rung out with gusto after nine consecutive losses.

"I knew the words," he laughed. "I've always known the words to the Richmond song. I always thought it was the best song in the AFL. It's a wicked song. It was great to hear."

After a terrible start, Richmond has been competitive over the past month and should have beaten Hawthorn a fortnight ago, losing by three points, but tonight against St Kilda will be a difficult step up in class.

Such was the competition in that Hawthorn game Hawks captain Sam Mitchell was fined $900 for pulling Nason's extravagant hair during a wrestle.

"I couldn't believe he grabbed it," Nason said. "I was so angry. He only pulled it because, you can't see it in the vision, but when we were setting up our zone he was running in front of me and I dropped him when he wasn't watching so he got up and pulled my hair."

As part of Richmond's new breed, Nason has played every game this season, when he did not think he would play a senior game at all in 2010 after being drafted a lowly 71 last year.

Rewind a year and Nason was an obscure reserves player in the SANFL who had already been rejected by one local club and completely ignored by AFL teams.

Nason's break came when he was one of the best for an under-20s team which played a practice match against the South Australian under-18s before they went off to the national carnival he never had the chance to play in.

A few letters arrived from AFL clubs and Richmond spoke to Nason four days before last year's draft, but he still didn't believe he would be picked.

"I wasn't confident at all. I went to a mate's place to watch it because I didn't think I would get drafted," Nason said. "They got to about pick 67 and teams were already passing.

"There was an interview on the TV and you could faintly hear the names in the background and they were popping up on the bottom of the screen.

"When mine was called I could hear it as clear as anything and I said to my mate, 'they called my name'. He said, 'no they didn't'.

"I was trying to convince him and my name came up on the bottom of the screen. I couldn't believe it. My mate gave me a hug and everyone was calling me. Mum couldn't get through.

"I went straight home and mum was crying."

She'll be sitting proudly in the plush seats tonight.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/ben-nason-mirrors-richmonds-new-breed-who-like-its-wicked-song/story-e6frg7mf-1225875227496