Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Hawks?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for next week against the Hawks?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 05:17:45 AM »
In: Prestia, Vlaustin, Stack
Out: Mansell, Soldo, Castagna

Sheds as sub

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 07:46:34 AM »
Soldo really annoys me. I know he gives nank a chop out but he’s just so useless. Taking tacklers on.. poor disposals.. clunky and clumsy. Just not a footy player.

I see what you mean but we really need that chop out for Nank. Without Soldo he gets smashed physically every week.

Also think Soldo is working into confidence after his knee.

Wouldn't drop him yet but if we had Chol or CCJ I'd be playing them instead.

100% agree coming back from knee and he was coming along nicely before that people way to critical on him.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 08:37:31 AM »
I’m watching the replay now. People are being way too harsh on Soldo. He did his job yesterday.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 10:00:35 AM »
Prestia, Vlaustin should come in. Would like to get Stack into the side and a younger player like Dow or Cumberland. Perhaps rest Edwards and drop George, Soldo and Mansell.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 11:04:34 AM »
I’m not sure why George gets a game ahead of Cumberland, just doesn’t do enough these days.He used to tackle and run once upon a time. It seems like he has lost form for a couple of years . I know has a role but he was last on the possession list again which would be ok if he brought the run down tackle game back. He had 1 tackle.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2022, 12:02:46 PM »
Also have Dow and Ralphsmith fit again don't we?

Out:
Mansell (susp 1 week maybe)
Castagna (omit)
Edwards (managed)

In:
Prestia
Vlastuin
Dow

Ralph, Stack or RCD the sub.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 02:00:52 PM »
I’m not sure why George gets a game ahead of Cumberland, just doesn’t do enough these days.He used to tackle and run once upon a time. It seems like he has lost form for a couple of years . I know has a role but he was last on the possession list again which would be ok if he brought the run down tackle game back. He had 1 tackle.
I agree with this.
But apparently he’s doing something the coaches like but most of us have no clue what that is. :help

He just butchers the ball by foot and I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of his hand-passes ever actually hit a teammates chest it’s either at their feet or too high or behind them etc.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 02:03:47 PM »
Ralphy would come back through the 2s.
Prestia & Vlastuin come in as automatics. 
Stack has got to play a full game but 2s for him.  RCD same. 
Mansell comes out for Vlas.
Castagna come out for Prestia
Only McIntosh or Soldo would go out if others come in. 

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2022, 08:32:16 AM »
I’m watching the replay now. People are being way too harsh on Soldo. He did his job yesterday.

Yeah he was ok in parts but the second half was absolutely terrible, the kick into the mark and about half dozen really poor mistakes will cost us games.

He's not the answer, better off playing Balta second ruck and utility and having Tarrant in the team or Miller

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2022, 08:59:00 AM »

Yeah he was ok in parts but the second half was absolutely terrible, the kick into the mark and about half dozen really poor mistakes will cost us games.

He's not the answer, better off playing Balta second ruck and utility and having Tarrant in the team or Miller

Playing Balta 2nd ruck robs the backline too much

Since he's gone back there we've looked so much better defensively it's not funny
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »

I think he'll be fine with a few more games in him. He's played how many 4-5 this year since being injured at the end of 2020? That's 18m out of the top level for a big bloke.

He will be fine. Even if he spuds it up here and there I really think it allows Nank to play better and a more versatile role.

When Soldo was out Nank was getting smashed, head bandaged and bleeding and limping around etc. With Soldo there he is fresh.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2022, 10:51:40 AM »

I think he'll be fine with a few more games in him. He's played how many 4-5 this year since being injured at the end of 2020? That's 18m out of the top level for a big bloke.

He will be fine. Even if he spuds it up here and there I really think it allows Nank to play better and a more versatile role.

When Soldo was out Nank was getting smashed, head bandaged and bleeding and limping around etc. With Soldo there he is fresh.

This.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 12:22:04 PM »
Prestia and Vlastuin back training today  :thumbsup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 02:02:43 PM »
Team tips:
Richmond won’t have Rhyan Mansell for the clash with Hawthorn after he was hit with a one-match ban. Nick Vlastuin and Dion Prestia should both return from illness, and the former likely would’ve come in for Mansell regardless. There’s plenty of other players putting their hand up for selection, with Jake Aarts, Matt Parker and Thomson Dow impressing in the VFL. But the Tigers are coming off arguably their biggest win of the season, so spots in the 22 are tight. Either Kamdyn McIntosh, Jason Castagna or Marlion Pickett might be the other player to make way for Prestia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-teams-round-9-2022-team-tips-predicted-squads-lineups-injuries-changes-ins-and-outs-supercoach-news-analysis/news-story/bc4eb5190a1084f5b274a16f99b5e203

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 02:37:13 PM »
In the Mix: Round 9

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
11 May 2022

The Tigers are close to being full strength. Nick Vlastuin, Dion Prestia and Riley Collier-Dawkins look set to be declared fit after recent bouts of illness, while Hugo Ralphsmith is right to go after three weeks with a rib injury. Rhyan Mansell will miss through suspension in a straight swap for Vlastuin. Given Jayden Short's strong form in the middle and the tight backline, it's incredibly difficult to pick which midfielder will make way for Prestia – Marlion Pickett had 13 touches but five clearances. This week's opponent, Hawthorn, is currently only playing one ruck, opening the door for Richmond to do the same and omitting Ivan Soldo.

Verdict: Vlastuin and Prestia for Mansell and Pickett

https://www.afl.com.au/news/758330/in-the-mix-r9-who-s-pushing-for-selection-who-s-under-the-pump-