Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147448 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »
But you still need to add Garlett in. Reckon Rowe will come out.
That could happen. I went with Rowe just because he is playing this weekend and Garlett isn't. Rowe also gives them another tall forward option albeit an inexperienced one whereas it's more of the same if they go with the usual crowd of Casboult, Betts, Walker and Garlett up forward with one of Hampson/Kreuzer 'resting' up there. It didn't work last year. Garlett was ordinary last season and apart from their Freo NAB Cup game where he kicked 3 goals in a one-sided win he hasn't done much this preseason. If Garlett were to play then I think Houli gets him (did he play on him last year?). Then it's a question of what to do with Griffs given Carlton would only have two tall forwards with Casboult and the resting ruck and the rest midsized and small forwards. Do we then go with Chaplin and Griffs on the talls and Rance goes to say Walker? That would then probably make Batch redundant and we replace him with another midfielder on the bench/sub.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »
Oh well im sitting in m1, so I guess when I torch the carlton adorned malthouse cutout in the stands I may get som crowd resistance? Perfect  :lol take a few down with me  :rollin

M1 is where barb sits  :whistle

Looks like EEA ain't spending Good Friday morning alone. Yessssssssss big man, go get 'em.  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2013, 07:12:12 AM »
Too late now. At least if Carlton start getting on top I can feed the in laws to the Richmond cheer squad behind the goals :gotigers

Pretty sure Carltank cheersquad is punt rd end this year

They were last season for MCG home games

When I purchased our reserved seats; selected "Away team" area and it came up with the Ponsford Stand  ;D So N33 right behind the goals for us  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »

I'll be on a plane to Chiang Mai.

What are the chances of Malaysian airlines showing the game live?

:lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
Too late now. At least if Carlton start getting on top I can feed the in laws to the Richmond cheer squad behind the goals :gotigers

When I purchased our reserved seats; selected "Away team" area and it came up with the Ponsford Stand  ;D So N33 right behind the goals for us  :clapping

I'll holler at ya from level 2
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

Away reserved said allocation exhausted last night, and only single seats availale in Olympic and Ponsford. I probably could have waited for more seats to be released but worried how much worse it could get.

If only people had got back to me the day before I could have booked better seats  :banghead

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2013, 10:22:51 AM »
If we were still playing the pies in round 1 there would've been 90k at this game no problems.

Carltank fans just don't show up to this game, we always outnumber them home or away.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
If we were still playing the pies in round 1 there would've been 90k at this game no problems.

Carltank fans just don't show up to this game, we always outnumber them home or away.

Because they are smug and arrogant and need to be taught an effin lesson, ive always viewed their supporters to be people who accept cheating or buying their way through anything. Smug wankers who would come back to their Merc parked in a disabled zone take the parking fine from under the wiper scrunch it up, throw it on the ground and drive off

If anything I would love  to see them lose to us in a premlin by a point, Jack kicking the winning goal after the siren just to rub it in the greasy chins.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:22:19 PM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

Because they are smug and arrogant and need to be taught an effin lesson, ive always viewed their supporters to be people who accept cheating or buying their way through anything. Smug wankers who would come back to their Merc parked in a disabled zone take the parking fine from under the wiper scrunch it up, throw it on the ground and drive off

If anything I would lose to see them to us in a premlin by a point, Jack kicking the winning goal after the siren just to rub it in the greasy chins.

Or Griggs :thumbsup

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »

If anything I would love  to see them lose to us in a premlin by a point, Jack kicking the winning goal after the siren just to rub it in the greasy chins.
:lol :lol :clapping

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
have had a look again at tix thru sh ititek nad everything is exhausted except for seats where the filth will be sitting  ::) bit peeved but sh it happens

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2013, 03:35:49 PM »

I'll be on a plane to Chiang Mai.

What are the chances of Malaysian airlines showing the game live?

:lol
Hijack it?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
I thought bummerblitz was a lowgrade affair, heres some gems from the Blues big footy forum  :rollin

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/rnd-1-carlton-vs-richmond-mcg-28th-march-7-45pm.993517/

some highlights if you will:  :clapping

I'm a bit scared this game is sandwiched between the NAB cup GF and the round 2 blockbuster versus Collingwood.
Added with the fact we've got this mob the last 9 times we have played them makes me think complacency might be an issue as well.
It's going to be a physical game and I think Richmond supporters look at this game like we are looking at round 2, an early final in some respects.
They are going to be pumped up.

That said they are our bunnies, Carlton by 52.

Nice write up Zee... but you may have overlooked one thing.

The fact that in our second meeting last year, they were supposed to be the better side considering our outs and the fact we were playing a bunch in inexperienced kids and second string player and they still didnt manage to beat us. I personally think that this may have scared some of their players to the point where they will poo themselves when they run out on the field.

Hardwick will be struggling to really get those guys to lift and this could be the difference between the two sides.

Taking away their supposed '6 elite' players, they havent really got all that much left thats better than VFL quality (excusing the new kids from the draft) and the top up players they picked up havent really impressed all that much over the pre-season.

So... in all honesty, we are looking at around a 30-50 point margin and if we get on top early, things get really ugly for the tuggers and it could even blow out to 70-80 points.

I hope we absolutely batter them and put 120 on em

These guys are well overdue to surprise us.

Surprises aside we should win by 4-6 goals

Like the supporters of some other club who always drink the coolaid and spout rubbish that they are dead certs to win in round 1 every year and every year the leave the game at 3/4 time after being handed another hiding...

And if you couldn't beat us with moth of our better players out... What chance do you have against us with a full strength side?

:clapping Big Men, just around the neck and ears and nothing below  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2013, 05:13:49 PM »
I thought bummerblitz was a lowgrade affair, heres some gems from the Blues big footy forum  :rollin

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/rnd-1-carlton-vs-richmond-mcg-28th-march-7-45pm.993517/

some highlights if you will:  :clapping

I'm a bit scared this game is sandwiched between the NAB cup GF and the round 2 blockbuster versus Collingwood.
Added with the fact we've got this mob the last 9 times we have played them makes me think complacency might be an issue as well.
It's going to be a physical game and I think Richmond supporters look at this game like we are looking at round 2, an early final in some respects.
They are going to be pumped up.

That said they are our bunnies, Carlton by 52.

Nice write up Zee... but you may have overlooked one thing.

The fact that in our second meeting last year, they were supposed to be the better side considering our outs and the fact we were playing a bunch in inexperienced kids and second string player and they still didnt manage to beat us. I personally think that this may have scared some of their players to the point where they will poo themselves when they run out on the field.

Hardwick will be struggling to really get those guys to lift and this could be the difference between the two sides.

Taking away their supposed '6 elite' players, they havent really got all that much left thats better than VFL quality (excusing the new kids from the draft) and the top up players they picked up havent really impressed all that much over the pre-season.

So... in all honesty, we are looking at around a 30-50 point margin and if we get on top early, things get really ugly for the tuggers and it could even blow out to 70-80 points.

I hope we absolutely batter them and put 120 on em

These guys are well overdue to surprise us.

Surprises aside we should win by 4-6 goals

Like the supporters of some other club who always drink the coolaid and spout rubbish that they are dead certs to win in round 1 every year and every year the leave the game at 3/4 time after being handed another hiding...

And if you couldn't beat us with moth of our better players out... What chance do you have against us with a full strength side?

:clapping Big Men, just around the neck and ears and nothing below  :thumbsup

Apparently we had no injuries and our best side on the park when we played them last time.