Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147449 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »
It's such BS that we can't have Punt road end in all of our games at the G.
We have been using it as our home ground longer than all these opportunists so regardless of who's home game it is we have earned the right to have whatever end we want.

Agree. Benny Gale's job. I think we have the worst deal out of all the MCG tenants. Needs to be rectified. Too busy going to the Superbowl and flying around in first class.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
THE distinctive Mick Malthouse gamestyle is already appearing at Carlton, with early figures indicating the Blues are kicking longer and using the centre corridor less.

The Blues ranked 17th in long kicking under Brett Ratten in 2012, going long just 34.7 per cent of the time.

That figure has increased dramatically after one pre-season with Malthouse in charge; their 46.7 per cent ratio of long kicks during the NAB Cup was higher than any other team.

The Blues also ranked first in metres gained per disposal, compared to 11th in 2012.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/malthouse-effect

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
From der Hun

RICHMOND skipper Trent Cotchin is confident the Tigers have overcome the late-game yips that cost them a finals spot last year.

RECOMMENDED COVERAGE
AFL captains poll says Swans will dive
Every AFL club previewed

Richmond lost six games by 12 points or fewer last season, with Brock McLean's last-gasp goal for Carlton and Karmichael Hunt's after-the-siren winner for Gold Coast particularly damaging.

But Cotchin, in search of his first win against Carlton next Thursday, said come-from-behind NAB Cup victories over Essendon, Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn after the siren, proved the Tigers were shrugging the monkey off the back.

Cotchin said the exuberant reaction to Jack Riewoldt's winner against the Hawks on March 9 only showed how determined the team was to win the close ones.

"It's good for us. It's a good confidence booster going into the season because there were so many games last year where we let ourselves down," Cotchin said.

"Hopefully, the (match) situation stuff we've practised over the pre-season gives us the opportunity where it's tight and we end up with a more positive result. It has been a big focus.

"Last year, it probably came back to our leadership on-field ... we didn't stand up. We've spent a lot of time training those situations.

"There's obviously going to be times when we will slip up. That's footy, but I think we'll be in a better position than we were. It's both (strategic and mental).

"You've got to have the confidence to shut out a game and we didn't have that capability last year, so to see it happen in the last few weeks has been good for us."

Richmond's new captain is one of a number of Tigers who have never tasted success against the Blues.

Amazingly, Cotchin's seven matches against Carlton have all ended in defeat.

Carlton has won the past nine meetings between the two sides, dating back to Round 1, 2008.

"We're looking forward to the challenge. I think it's a very important game. It's the start of the season and we want to get off to a positive start," Cotchin said.

"We've had a good preparation, as has Carlton. It's Mick's first official game as coach and there's excitement around our side.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/trent-cotchin-confident-richmond-can-win-close-contests/story-e6frf9jf-1226600954955

Edited to add link to HUN website
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:08:06 PM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:12 PM »
Think the big O should play in this game, think we need some height to exploit the Blues a bit...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #349 on: March 20, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
Its the fleet of indigenous fellows who rip us the most, most times.

If we play .2 ruckman in the 21 that slows our team down a lot.

Grimes. Rance. Chaplin. Pettard. Bachelor.
Griffiths.
Vickery. Reiwoldt. Maric.

Too small?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #350 on: March 20, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »
Its the fleet of indigenous fellows who rip us the most, most times.

If we play .2 ruckman in the 21 that slows our team down a lot.

Grimes. Rance. Chaplin. Pettard. Bachelor.
Griffiths.
Vickery. Reiwoldt. Maric.

Too small?

Grimes won't play, But regardless the rest are not ruckmen and Batch is comparatively short to the Blues players, Vicks and Jack will play forward not in the ruck and the others will play back.....sorry cant see your point.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #351 on: March 20, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
The MCC is expecting 70-80k to turn up to the match.

Event:                   AFL Round 1   
Teams:                  Carlton v Richmond
Date:                     Thursday March 28, 2013
Start time:              7.45pm

Gate opening:
Public/AFL members: 4.00pm
MCC members: 4.00pm

Car park opening:
Gate 3: 12 noon
Gate 5: 3.00pm
Gate 6: 4.00pm
Gate 7: 7.00am (media, corporate and disabled pass holders only)

Expected attendance: 70-80,000

General admission seating:
To be updated in the week of the match

Cheersquad allocation:
Carlton - M3
Richmond - M33

Tickets: On sale now through Ticketek.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=a4c1b37e-841a-4a87-8841-857b19aefe3c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #352 on: March 20, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »
Gillon McLachlan is even more bullish ...

"I reckon (Carlton-Richmond) will be 80,000-plus.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/the-afl-says-its-start-to-the-season-isnt-soft/story-e6frf9jf-1226601919054

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2013, 05:08:38 AM »
Agree with the comments about Carlton's indigenous players. They are immensely talented and have a history of playing well against us. I am more concerned with who is going to match up against these players than with us having two ruckman in the side. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Agree with the comments about Carlton's indigenous players. They are immensely talented and have a history of playing well against us. I am more concerned with who is going to match up against these players than with us having two ruckman in the side.
I think we've a long history of letting indigenous players playing well against us.
Even the skinny kid from the hawks had a field day during the preseason clash, he got the ball at will and had no opponent for most of the day. The kids got less definition than my youngest daughter.
 Like I've said before we continually struggle to contain them but despite having an indigenous institute in our building, can't seem to find, develop or keep a decent aboriginal football star.
I'd like to see it as they seem to have the x-factor and add the excitement that I love about footy.
The club that keeps giving.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
They're tipping rain next Thursday so don't be surprised if we go in a little short on the day. If it's dry the big 'O' could get a game.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #356 on: March 21, 2013, 08:48:39 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »