Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147448 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2013, 09:48:58 PM »
Il be taking the Scum at 1.75 and drowning my sorrows in a Johnny Blue for the 3rd time in a row if we lose.

That my friends is how I roll against the scum

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Carlton and Richmond approaching opening clash near full strength

Jon Ralph
    March 24, 2013 10:30PM

Richmond says Dustin Martin, who pulled up sore last week, will play against the Blues. Picture: George Salpigtidis Herald Sun

CARLTON and Richmond meet on Thursday with both teams almost at full strength, as the Tigers try to snap a nine-match losing streak against the Blues.

David Astbury (foot), Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Nathan Foley (achilles) are the only Tigers unavailable for selection.

Foley is expected to return in Round 5-7 and Grimes is already playing in the VFL, while Astbury is still several weeks away from recovering from a foot stress fracture.

The Tigers said yesterday that Dustin Martin, who pulled up sore last week, would play against the Blues.

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse will have just Jarrad Waite (calf) out of his best line-up.

Richmond's nine-match losing streak includes four Round 1 contests and is the longest against Carlton since the Tigers lost their first 24 clashes to their arch rival from 1908 to 1917.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-and-richmond-approaching-opening-clash-near-full-strength/story-e6frecmc-1226604543656

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
I believe the biggest factor we have in our favor is the Malthouse's newest game plan. The Blues are still getting used to the game plan and as such are keen to adhere to the strict instructions/rules revolved around it. This will cause them to second guess their natural instincts and hesitate more as they try and think through their actions rather than just play using the game plan as second nature.

I remember when Dimma first arrived and the young players were learning his new game plan. You could literally see them stop and think at times only to be swapped by tacklers or make a disposal errors. I'm expected the Blues to have the same problems but I'm not certain to what degree this will occur. For our sake, under the pressure of such a big game, I'm hoping it to a high degree.

Another potential positive is with predictability. Once every teams game plan is figured out through rudimentary opposition analysis every team can be predictable to different degrees. As their confidence grows though, teams adapt and deviate to suit circumstances. When players are first learning a new game plan though they are not confident to make game day changes themselves and so will stick to the team rules even when it obviously not working.

This is my biggest hope for the first game of the year because it will because less of a factor for them as the year progresses and given the strength of their list I believe we would have struggled once again without this factor.

I hope my prediction is sound because I'm utterly sick of losing to them scumbags

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
Il be taking the Scum at 1.75 and drowning my sorrows in a Johnny Blue for the 3rd time in a row if we lose.

:thumbsup will be my consolation prize. hopefully wont need it.  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »
Think we will need to move the ball from the wings to the centre, WITHOUT turning it over, we must own the corridoor. They can keep the wings, Houli, Grigg, Batch must get that ball to Lids, Cotch, Martin, Conca ect..down the centre boys. Pressure the scum on the wings, have them turn it over and hurt them!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Tis only the scum, and lead by no less than our very own Michael. He will roll them Daniel, not plot them to drive the dagger in the back of his brother.

Heed my words, victory shall be ours.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »
Got a feeling we'll have a stinker
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

gerkin greg

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:58 PM »
We'll lose make no mistake, but I don't think it will be the difference between finals and oblivion

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick feels his players will enter Thursday night’s blockbuster season-opener against traditional rival Carlton at the MCG, thoroughly prepared for battle.

Full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-25/tigers-ready-to-rumble

Carlton midfielder Andrew Carrazzo could not cite a reason for his team's round-one winning streak of four against the Tigers, but believes it gives Richmond "extra ammunition . . . to be in top form by Thursday night".

Full article at:  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-aim-to-tame-tiger-midfielders-20130325-2gqcp.html#ixzz2OZKrfpJ1

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
We'll lose make no mistake, but I don't think it will be the difference between finals and oblivion

Gee Gerks thats not a real positive outlook, it's not even a realistic view IMO, it's just plain negative, no chance at all of winning eh, why don't we just forfeit, hope the players don't have this attitude... :huh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:49 AM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick feels his players will enter Thursday night’s blockbuster season-opener against traditional rival Carlton at the MCG, thoroughly prepared for battle.

Full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-25/tigers-ready-to-rumble

Carlton midfielder Andrew Carrazzo could not cite a reason for his team's round-one winning streak of four against the Tigers, but believes it gives Richmond "extra ammunition . . . to be in top form by Thursday night".

Full article at:  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-aim-to-tame-tiger-midfielders-20130325-2gqcp.html#ixzz2OZKrfpJ1

This is just following the tiresome script of pre-match hype of seasons past.  We talk our crap up, they talk theirs down, and we go on and prove ourselves to be paper tigers when it comes to walking the walk.   :help

tony_montana

« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »

This is just following the tiresome script of pre-match hype of seasons past.  We talk our crap up, they talk theirs down, and we go on and prove ourselves to be paper tigers when it comes to walking the walk.   :help

yeah, funny that

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »

Gee Gerks thats not a real positive outlook, it's not even a realistic view IMO, it's just plain negative, no chance at all of winning eh, why don't we just forfeit, hope the players don't have this attitude... :huh

what do you expect WAT, seriously?

i think its a fair call. Nothing fills me with confidence going into this game.

Forward structure still doesn't seem to be working. Jack reliant. Vickery out of sorts. Above all else we have failed on the big stage time and time again.

Maybe this will be different i just don't think so. That being said i think with winnable games to follow we will soon forget round 1 and be finals bound

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »

what do you expect WAT, seriously?

i think its a fair call. Nothing fills me with confidence going into this game.

Forward structure still doesn't seem to be working. Jack reliant. Vickery out of sorts. Above all else we have failed on the big stage time and time again.

Maybe this will be different i just don't think so. That being said i think with winnable games to follow we will soon forget round 1 and be finals bound

Well then daniel, don't follow the game

Did the Bombers play the Crows with this attitude???

Did the supporters say no chance...

Honestly it's another season, different team, more experience, surely more optimism from the supporters wouldn't go astray.

But if you and others think a loss it that clear cut, then each to their own, I wouldn't be reading too much into how our forward line performed in the pre season, it was quite clear Jack was stuffing around for most of it.

Lets hope it is different, I know I am going to the game expecting to win, if we don't so be it, but I won't be going to the game expecting to lose otherwise I may as well stay at home and go for a ride, it's much cheaper!!!

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: March 26, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »
They could have some talls.... :huh...Big O.....

"198cm Rowe has emerged as a forward-line target along with Levi Casboult and either Robbie Warnock or Shaun Hampson".

"Rucks: