Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147435 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #405 on: March 26, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
When will we learn the final team selection? Thanks
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
We'll lose make no mistake, but I don't think it will be the difference between finals and oblivion

Gee Gerks thats not a real positive outlook, it's not even a realistic view IMO, it's just plain negative, no chance at all of winning eh, why don't we just forfeit, hope the players don't have this attitude... :huh

It's definitely not a real positive outlook. It is realistic. We haven't beaten them for 4 years. Didn't say there was no chance of winning so stop making things up as usual dude. I'll be going off my nut in support of the boys on Thursday, but IMO they'll do us again. I think we've bridged the gap to them in terms of ability, but they have us mentally and they have a serious edge in winning the bigger games that we are yet to prove. Also think they've had a better lead-up.

Either way I'm not getting sucked into the hype of the importance of Round 1, it's a long long season and there will be disappointing losses along the way for every team. Prepare for it. Or chuck a spack, IDGAF

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
When will we learn the final team selection? Thanks

Wednesday evening
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:41 PM »
We'll lose make no mistake, but I don't think it will be the difference between finals and oblivion

Gee Gerks thats not a real positive outlook, it's not even a realistic view IMO, it's just plain negative, no chance at all of winning eh, why don't we just forfeit, hope the players don't have this attitude... :huh

It's definitely not a real positive outlook. It is realistic. We haven't beaten them for 4 years. Didn't say there was no chance of winning so stop making things up as usual dude. I'll be going off my nut in support of the boys on Thursday, but IMO they'll do us again. I think we've bridged the gap to them in terms of ability, but they have us mentally and they have a serious edge in winning the bigger games that we are yet to prove. Also think they've had a better lead-up.

Either way I'm not getting sucked into the hype of the importance of Round 1, it's a long long season and there will be disappointing losses along the way for every team. Prepare for it. Or chuck a spack, IDGAF

Gerks, your comment.."We'll lose make no mistake", honestly, doesn't that say there is no chance of winning, thats how I read it..so not sure who is making things up mate!!

BTW, I don't get sucked into any hype, but I will be going there with the positive attitude that we will win!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:33:37 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2013, 12:48:51 PM »
Carlton and Richmond approaching opening clash near full strength

Jon Ralph
    March 24, 2013 11:00PM

CARLTON and Richmond meet on Thursday with both teams almost at full strength, as the Tigers try to snap a nine-match losing streak against the Blues.

David Astbury (foot), Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Nathan Foley (achilles) are the only Tigers unavailable for selection.

Foley is expected to return in Round 5-7 and Grimes is already playing in the VFL, while Astbury is still several weeks away from recovering from a foot stress fracture.

The Tigers said yesterday that Dustin Martin, who pulled up sore last week, would play against the Blues.

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse will have just Jarrad Waite (calf) out of his best line-up.

Richmond's nine-match losing streak includes four Round 1 contests and is the longest against Carlton since the Tigers lost their first 24 clashes to their arch rival from 1908 to 1917.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-and-richmond-approaching-opening-clash-near-full-strength/story-e6frf9mx-1226604543656

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
Near full strength despite missing two of our best players.  :lol We should be able to cover them but stuff me full strength. Same goes for Carlton Waite would be close to their most important player.  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »
How is Grimes unavailable? Didn't the weirdo play for Coburg? Obviously he's not going to play after a 4 day break but he's not out injured, we can pick the lad if we want. Foley never plays anyway ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »
How is Grimes unavailable? Didn't the weirdo play for Coburg? Obviously he's not going to play after a 4 day break but he's not out injured, we can pick the lad if we want. Foley never plays anyway ;D
Could say the same for Waite. Hasn't played since Jesaulenko retired.  :shh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »

Gerks, your comment.."We'll lose make no mistake", honestly, doesn't that say there is no chance of winning, thats how I read it..so not sure who is making things up mate!!

BTW, I don't get sucked into any hype, but I will be going there with the positive attitude that we will win!!

I read the comment as "We'll lost make no mistake" as that's what was written...

Near full strength despite missing two of our best players.  :lol We should be able to cover them but stuff me full strength. Same goes for Carlton Waite would be close to their most important player.  :lol
Two of our best missing = NEAR full strength. Some people just want journos to look like idiots even when they don't write something stupid

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »
They could have some talls.... :huh...Big O.....

"198cm Rowe has emerged as a forward-line target along with Levi Casboult and either Robbie Warnock or Shaun Hampson".

Big O in the backline? Refer to my username

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »

"198cm Rowe has emerged as a forward-line target along with Levi Casboult and either Robbie Warnock or Shaun Hampson".

Where did I say put him back.. :huh Hampson or Warnock could play back for them and really expose us.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »

Where did I say put him back.. :huh Hampson or Warnock could play back for them and really expose us.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mate honestly, do you think Mick Malthouse will just put a player in one position and leave him there??  The days of that are gone, particularly with players of height, he will move them forward, back, sideways, whatever it takes to win....try and respond accordingly next time please and focus on the discussion instead of riducule through icons!!!!

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
Ralphy forgot Scotland  :shh