Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147425 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #510 on: March 28, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »
bunnies always whingers. The win was very important - stop whining Sheila bunnies - they will learn and grow in confidence from that win. Go to the ladies, sit down and think about it
Very eloquent....perchance, are you a speech writer for Bob Katter?

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #511 on: March 28, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
the likes of Ellis and Conca and even (Vlastuin who didnt play today) are not superstars but they are important because they provide the substance as foot soldiers. For me, we need to see the likes of Petterd and Vlastuin come into the team.
Agree on Vlas and Pettard.We have to many "foot soldiers",thats the problem.

tony_montana

« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »
the likes of Ellis and Conca and even (Vlastuin who didnt play today) are not superstars but they are important because they provide the substance as foot soldiers. For me, we need to see the likes of Petterd and Vlastuin come into the team.
Agree on Vlas and Pettard.We have to many "foot soldiers",thats the problem.

Foot soldiers are fine, all good sides are built on having plenty of them and the stars are the cream. Ours just arent collectively good enough atm, but they're improving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:07 PM »
All I can say after that is...……

Suck poo you cheating scum bastards!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »
bunnies always whingers. The win was very important - stop whining Sheila bunnies - they will learn and grow in confidence from that win. Go to the ladies, sit down and think about it

:thumbsup

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »
From a psychological viewpoint tonight's result was massive, a loss under circumstances similar to others last season could create mental barriers that could linger with this group for a number of seasons. Yes we should have won the game by 10 goals which in itself is a disappointment but just the fact we won a close encounter is a positive. I got the feeling that in the last quarter the mental demons this group carries came to the forefront and it was this mental barrier especially against the Blues which then translated into pure physical fatigue. It was quite clear that we had stopped to a walk halfway through the last quarter. They will learn from this and with this game out of the way i think their minds will be much clearer and physically we shouldn't see the same sort of fade out as we saw tonight.

In terms of team structure i think Grimes when fit will be an invaluable acquisition to the team with Griffiths needing to be replaced as he is clearly not a natural defender. He definitely needs time spent back at Coburg as a forward which is where his future lies, trying to turn him into a defender was always a risk and tonight he was clearly short of the mark. 

A win is a win and 4pts are invaluable, overall a number of boxes were ticked tonight, a lot more need to be ticked in the coming weeks but the graph is moving upward which at least is in the right direction.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »
I don't care what anyone says.

I'm gonna enjoy this win and I'm going to let every arrogant blue bastard I know all about how poo they are!   

Drinks everyone. Enjoy your night.
 :cheers
Celebrations.   :birthday
Don't let those pricks steal your enjoyment!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »
From a psychological viewpoint tonight's result was massive, a loss under circumstances similar to others last season could create mental barriers that could linger with this group for a number of seasons.

A win is a win and 4pts are invaluable, overall a number of boxes were ticked tonight, a lot more need to be ticked in the coming weeks but the graph is moving upward which at least is in the right direction.
Well said...a loss would have been devastating.

tony_montana

« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:46 PM »
From a psychological viewpoint tonight's result was massive, a loss under circumstances similar to others last season could create mental barriers that could linger with this group for a number of seasons. Yes we should have won the game by 10 goals which in itself is a disappointment but just the fact we won a close encounter is a positive. I got the feeling that in the last quarter the mental demons this group carries came to the forefront and it was this mental barrier especially against the Blues which then translated into pure physical fatigue. It was quite clear that we had stopped to a walk halfway through the last quarter. They will learn from this and with this game out of the way i think their minds will be much clearer and physically we shouldn't see the same sort of fade out as we saw tonight.

In terms of team structure i think Grimes when fit will be an invaluable acquisition to the team with Griffiths needing to be replaced as he is clearly not a natural defender. He definitely needs time spent back at Coburg as a forward which is where his future lies, trying to turn him into a defender was always a risk and tonight he was clearly short of the mark. 

great post lozza

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »

maybe you should take your own advice  :lol

You pretend to support the tigers but like your failed, pathetic attempt at making money from an Internet shop on this site are a failed Richmond troll
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »
Suck it you dirty tankers!!! like most have said - a win is a win.
Will take any kind of win in round one.

:gotigers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
 :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

We WON!!!!
You bloody beauty!

Gigantor

« Reply #522 on: March 28, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
Great win .We should have well and truly buried them early.Appalling kicking early with 4 posters in the 1st told the tale.
Thought jacko was good,Dusty early was excellent as was Lids.
Rance was brilliant all night and truly believe this kid is bordering on elite
As for Cotch what can one say.This kid is amazing.I saw him perform an almost clinical tackle on an opponent that gave his opponent no chance.The frightening thing about cotch is that his curve is still going up.
OOps forgot TY....welcome back son we have missed you

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #523 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

maybe you should take your own advice  :lol

You pretend to support the tigers but like your failed, pathetic attempt at making money from an Internet shop on this site are a failed Richmond troll

Ramps speaks a lot of poo but he's been around 10 years on Richmond forums. A Tiger through and through, there's no doubting that.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01:46 AM »
Was a great win, beat some demons and its the 1st time in years i've left the ground after round 1 with a smile.  Yeah we got tired and we have heaps of improvement. But stuff me when we were on, we looked awesome.

We are still a young squad compared to Carlton so we'll only get better in comparison.  For 3 qtrs we kicked their arse.