Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147465 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #541 on: March 29, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »
I'll take a win every day of the week but if you look back to last year you'll see that we continually started  and finished games poorly and our best quarter was inevitably the 2nd. So tell me what is going on there and who is to blame?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: March 29, 2013, 08:00:47 AM »
Love how the boys run out of gatorade and just start pegging bottles at Chappy.  :lol :clapping

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
And to the Carlton fan in the AFL members that was losing his poo at every free kick. "suffer mate"  :lol
The umps sure helped  the Carlton comeback along in the last qtr though  ::)  :banghead. McGuane's free near the end is the only one I remember us getting in the last quarter whereas the Blues got everything. I thought the throw-in rule was the ruckman only got pinged for deliberate if he punches the ball out of bounds on the full? Then there was Judd's two-handed throw standing up in the tackle, Joseph taking possession and then waiting to be tackled while making no attempt to get rid of the footy, plus the numerous run-down tackles that were called play on despite the Carlton just simply dropping the ball while the one time it happened to us it was given holding the ball  ::). Almost caused a riot in the Ponsford when the latter one happened.
You can add to that the non-free to Nahas when he'd just been subbed on and was cannoned into the back while waiting under a hospital pass. And Vickery being absolutely raped by three C

Rampstar

« Reply #544 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
bunnies always whingers. The win was very important - stop whining Sheila bunnies - they will learn and grow in confidence from that win. Go to the ladies, sit down and think about it

maybe you should take your own advice  :lol

You pretend to support the tigers but like your failed, pathetic attempt at making money from an Internet shop on this site are a failed Richmond troll

I actually made a profit on it when I sold the stock from the internet shop. Second when I got the link put up on OER I actually offered to pay OE and the owners of this site for the priviledge. Im sure they will confirm that is the case.

As for being a Failed OER troll thats fine, your posts - your posts come over like you have some sort of great hatred and that my posts have for some reason troubled you. Anyway, I guarantee you if you saw a couple of the IMs I have received about your post - anyway lets just say theres more than a few people in here who think your a complete flog who cant control his emotions.

And thats putting it lightly. Anyway, good luck to you, hope your life gets better coz your posting seems pretty miserable. Let me ask you one question - do you have anything or anyone in your life? coz you come across as being pretty lonely. Anyway, Good luck in life. Hope things work out for you.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
And to the Carlton fan in the AFL members that was losing his poo at every free kick. "suffer mate"  :lol
The umps sure helped  the Carlton comeback along in the last qtr though  ::)  :banghead. McGuane's free near the end is the only one I remember us getting in the last quarter whereas the Blues got everything. I thought the throw-in rule was the ruckman only got pinged for deliberate if he punches the ball out of bounds on the full? Then there was Judd's two-handed throw standing up in the tackle, Joseph taking possession and then waiting to be tackled while making no attempt to get rid of the footy, plus the numerous run-down tackles that were called play on despite the Carlton just simply dropping the ball while the one time it happened to us it was given holding the ball  ::). Almost caused a riot in the Ponsford when the latter one happened.
You can add to that Nahas receiving no free after being cannoned into waiting under a hospital pass, and Vickery being scragged by three Cartoon defenders. The green mongrel took ages to reward that tackle to McGuane too. An obvious free, but he didn't want to pay it.   

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: March 29, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
Happy to own up, have been slagging McG all pre season but he has competed very well tonight. Still doesn't have all the skill in the world but has done his job well.
Apology accepted  ;D
:cheers

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: March 29, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
Thank gawd for that  :phew

First 20 mins we were flat and nervous. Blues got behind our lines far too easily and were doing what they liked on the spread. It felt like 'here we go again'  :-\.
Then from time on first quarter to half-time we were absolutely brilliant. 9 of the 10 goals in that period in the end won us the game.
3rd quarter intensity dropped away and it looking like we were just going through the motions and lifting only after they scored a goal. Dangerous to think the game is won sitting on a 6 goal lead.
Stopped to a walk in the last and failed to maintain possession and control the tempo  :help. We know how to nearly give heart failure to every Tiger supporter  :P but thankfully we hung on and we all went nuts in the stands  ;D  :thumbsup.

ps. Good to catch up with RR at half-time  :cheers.

Yep. Good to catch up with you MT. Been a little while. I bet neither of us saw the near-heartreak that was coming in that last term when we were so far up at half-time. Still, it wouldn't be Richmond if they didn't take you to the edge of your nervous system would it? ;) 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #548 on: March 29, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
We'll lose make no mistake, but I don't think it will be the difference between finals and oblivion

Looks like there was a mistake......on your behalf..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #549 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »
Played it perfectly, you're all welcome. You didn't think I was serious did you? How nice I'm the first thing you think of in the morning after a Tiges win.  :birthday

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
Should have put them away when we were 6 goals up.This rd 1 game was a mental hoodoo for us to breake as we always failed with the pressure going in to it and went to water.I'm not happy how we let them back in the game .but it was good to breake the ice that's important.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »
Played it perfectly, you're all welcome. You didn't think I was serious did you? How nice I'm the first thing you think of in the morning after a Tiges win.  :birthday

Mate your full of poo, you were serious, own up, I actually thought of you last night after the game! I had other things on my mind this morning.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #552 on: March 29, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
Well at least you thought of me

I thought of you too big fella  :cuddles

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: March 29, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
Well at least you thought of me

I thought of you too big fella  :cuddles

Hehehe.......you complete me.....have to go now, have fun. Go Tiges.

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »
I agree with Mighty Tiges, they got away with a lot of throwing, tackles not paid against em, outright dropping the ball particularly early on in that run when they clawed back in the last quarter and the score line flatters them.  This game has been the biggest thorn in our paw for years, the thorn is out, sky is the limit.
Lots of people name their swords......