Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 147444 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg on the Sunday Footy Show
« Reply #615 on: March 31, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
Griggy was interviewed on the Sunday Footy Show:

* Good to get the 4pts in the bank. In previous years we've felt we've been chasing tail after losing round 1. So good to be ahead of the ledger at 1-0.

* Browny said people will now be looking at Richmond and whether they can back up Thursday night's win with another win. Griggy replied we've already done the review of the Carlton game and are moving onto the Saints this Friday night and looking at how they played against the Suns.

* There were positives and negatives to take out of Thursday night. We did fade away so we'll look at our defensive side of the game. Carlton are a hard side to stop when on a roll (Lloydy said the Blues were playing Russian roulette footy in the 2nd half and that's not sustainable over the year to get them into the finals). Grigg said we couldn't get our hands on it in the clinches in the last quarter. The positive from the night is what we did to get 7 goals in front in the first place.

* They asked Griggy about his days at Carlton. He replied he had some very good coaches and left for the opportunity to play week in week out. He couldn't have left for the money as Lids takes a huge chuck of it lol.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #616 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
Loving the haters in the media over the past two days - "Oh they almost blew it!" or "They were lucky to win in the end" or "If Yarran and Hampson had kicked those goals then blah blah blah". I sense fear of a rising Richmond! :yep  ;D.

The only detailed review of the game from a Richmond perspective on the radio I've really heard was surprisingly from Dermie today. Apart from mucking up Griffs surname, he stuck to commentating on the game rather than the cheapshots above. He made the point that on Thursday night, Dusty supported Cotch as far as the class in our centre midfield that sits 2m off the ball at a stoppage before using their ballwinning ability and acceleration over the first 5m to break clear and get the ball moving forward our way. In the first half Dusty killed it and our centre midfield smashed Carlton in the clearances. After half-time Dusty tired as he's still only 21 y.o. and hasn't developed the endurance that a Cotchin has and so Dusty couldn't get near it. So we were down to just Cotch in that role and Carlton started to get on top. It makes you think if we had Foley available or even say played young Vlastuin on Thursday night to rotate through that role if we would've dropped away in winning the clearances so badly in the last quarter.

One thing of concern is our kicking for goal. If we had been kicking well we would have buried the game. Good to see Vickery came out and had a good game after a quite pre season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: April 01, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »
All clear from the MRP. Some in the media were wanting Vickery's high foot when he took a mark looked at  ::).

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #618 on: April 01, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
All clear from the MRP. Some in the media were wanting Vickery's high foot when he took a mark looked at  ::).

Not a reportable offence but Should have been a free though
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #619 on: April 01, 2013, 06:41:33 PM »
Should be allowed I reckon. Lloyd almost took Shed's head off a few years ago. On the lead with Shed coming back with the flight, big Lordo comes at pace with a boot in the air and Edwards shat himself and pulled out. Would have ruined his face had he jumped into it

tony_montana

« Reply #620 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »
Should be allowed I reckon. Lloyd almost took Shed's head off a few years ago. On the lead with Shed coming back with the flight, big Lordo comes at pace with a boot in the air and Edwards shat himself and pulled out. Would have ruined his face had he jumped into it

Soft

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

Why wasn't he delisted? FFS!  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #622 on: April 02, 2013, 12:31:10 AM »
Richmond won.
Largest crowd of the round (~81k)
Highest tv ratings (1.2 million)

There goes any previous talk of us ever losing this round 1 game.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #623 on: April 02, 2013, 07:07:00 AM »
Depsite rd 1 not being a Friday night game I reckon Ch7 are going to regret not having us more on Friday night footy this season  ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #624 on: April 02, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Richmond won.
Largest crowd of the round (~81k)
Highest tv ratings (1.2 million)

There goes any previous talk of us ever losing this round 1 game.
And that is the money shot
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #625 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »

Rubbish.

What should vickery do when he under.a.helicopter handball.

Wait to die? He was Evey right to protect him self.

gerkin greg

« Reply #626 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »

Rubbish.

Agree. You've been allowed to protect yourself with your leg/foot/knee in a marking contest since day dot. Gimpy McLean should have pulled up and let Vick take an uncontested mark if he didn't want a size 12 in the throat. Not Vicks problem.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: April 02, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »

Rubbish.

Agree. You've been allowed to protect yourself with your leg/foot/knee in a marking contest since day dot. Gimpy McLean should have pulled up and let Vick take an uncontested mark if he didn't want a size 12 in the throat. Not Vicks problem.
It was a handball receive though, not a mark  :rollin

gerkin greg

« Reply #628 on: April 02, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »

Rubbish.

It was a handball receive though, not a mark  :rollin

So it was  :shh :lol

I stick by the Gimpy Mclean comment

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #629 on: April 02, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
So it was  :shh :lol

I stick by the Gimpy Mclean comment

And so you should  ;D