Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 450521 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2016, 08:04:44 PM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.
I'd have absolutely no problem if every one of them you named were moved on.
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.
If we do use our 1st for Prestia then we should be getting 1 of there 2nd rounders as change I would think.

Everyone had been talking Hurley.
What do you think of Eric McKenzie at west coast.
Was almost A/A IN 2014.Did his knee just before the first round in 2015 and missed all of that year.He has taken some time to get back this year and has been a little on the outer. WCE have McGovern, Brown, Schofield Barass and McKenzie is the one on the outer atm.
He has shown himself to be a very high quality defender and would suit our needs down to the ground. Would be in his ear if i was in charge at the club and at least letting him know we are very interested.

Would also be asking Gws about both Tomlinson and Corr.Both have struggled to get regular games for various reasons, i know Corr had his share of injury and has struggled for form because of them.

If we managed to get all three our spine and kpp structure goes from poor to looking pretty decent.

B/ #### - McKenzie - Corr
HB/ #### - Rance - ####

HF/ Moore - Tomlinson - ####
FF/ #### - Riewoldt -  Griffiths

Like your thinking claw but doubt Blair and dan would know who these guys are
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2016, 08:25:09 PM »
Probably wishful thinking but it'd be nice to chase and snare, via a trade or FA, players that are quality and just as importantly can actually get out on the park regularly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2016, 08:34:54 PM »
Seems the Hurley situation is more evidence of our inability in this area.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

tony_montana

« Reply #558 on: July 29, 2016, 08:35:28 PM »
mmckenzie is no list clogger - having said that no way theyd let him go, form temporary class permanent - they rate him a lot higher than brown87

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2016, 12:23:59 AM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.
I'd have absolutely no problem if every one of them you named were moved on.
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.
If we do use our 1st for Prestia then we should be getting 1 of there 2nd rounders as change I would think.

Everyone had been talking Hurley.
What do you think of Eric McKenzie at west coast.
Was almost A/A IN 2014.Did his knee just before the first round in 2015 and missed all of that year.He has taken some time to get back this year and has been a little on the outer. WCE have McGovern, Brown, Schofield Barass and McKenzie is the one on the outer atm.
He has shown himself to be a very high quality defender and would suit our needs down to the ground. Would be in his ear if i was in charge at the club and at least letting him know we are very interested.

Would also be asking Gws about both Tomlinson and Corr.Both have struggled to get regular games for various reasons, i know Corr had his share of injury and has struggled for form because of them.

If we managed to get all three our spine and kpp structure goes from poor to looking pretty decent.

B/ #### - McKenzie - Corr
HB/ #### - Rance - ####

HF/ Moore - Tomlinson - ####
FF/ #### - Riewoldt -  Griffiths

Have been keen on Tomlinson all year. Kid would be dying to get out of that club and get onto a list where he will get a game. Absolutely murdering the NEAFL.

McKenzie is a good idea, hadn't thought of it myself, but he still has plenty of years left in him, good size, and a proven player.

Don't know much about Corr but he's listed at 194/93 which is a handy size too.

Who completes your back line and forward line?

Grimes + Short + Vlastuin for me in the back line.

Rioli + Lloyd in the forward line.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: July 30, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
If a player can't get a game at his own club why would they be more than a fringe player unless Richmonds playing is so far below the sides that player is recruited from
The strategy of getting C and D graders from others side has never worked and just ensures we have a lot of average players
Please prove me wrong and let me know all the players from other side that weren't getting a regular game that have been a success versus the ones that didn't go so well. Maybe we could turn it into a game. Stars vs Spuds

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #561 on: July 30, 2016, 10:26:55 PM »
I think its pretty obvious the GWS list and it's depth is quite unlike any other in the salary cap era....for reasons that are equally obvious...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: July 30, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »
Pretty obvious they have players getting a game ahead of them so they are not in the first 22.
Pretty obvious the strategy of picking up players who can't get a game at their current club rarely  works for Richmond. Fact or Fiction

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »
Care to explain how they're supposed to play 22 first round draft picks on top of the half a dozen A-graders they traded in, all the highly rated academy kids and handy later picks like Lobb in the same side?

It ain't no ordinary list.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »
out - recycling players
in - aggressive trading with a view to hitting the next 2 drafts

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: July 30, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »
Easy you can't play more the 22 players the ones you don't play arnt always good enough to get a game in the 1st's. Just because you're a high draft pick doesn't ensure you will be a good player, in fact can I give you some examples say from our own club.
I will agree that GWS might have some exceptions because of the players age but I wouldn't be giving up to much for 2's players . In fact GWS are bank on the greed of other clubs to bid for their discards

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2016, 12:27:51 AM »
Easy you can't play more the 22 players the ones you don't play arnt always good enough to get a game in the 1st's. Just because you're a high draft pick doesn't ensure you will be a good player, in fact can I give you some examples say from our own club.
I will agree that GWS might have some exceptions because of the players age but I wouldn't be giving up to much for 2's players . In fact GWS are bank on the greed of other clubs to bid for their discards
i reckon i'd struggle to find anyone that would prefer we go recycled again over aggressive trade/Drafting...
that is after all why we are in the mess we are in

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »

McKenzie is a good idea, hadn't thought of it myself, but he still has plenty of years left in him, good size, and a proven player.

29 next year and has only had one good year in his career. Would probably also demand quite a high price (whether trade of FA depending on his status). Would definitely look elsewhere first...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »

:facepalm

- Thomas Sowell

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
Lids out for mine for D. Smith, Steele and Stewart in + we hold on to our 1st round draft pick. Conca and a late pick for T. Lamb and a 3rd round pick. That's just the start.