Author Topic: Sack Yze  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sack Yze
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2024, 07:49:23 AM »
If he keeps picking Ralphsmith, McIntosh and Young then I’ll be contributing more to this thread.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2024, 05:44:07 PM »
Sign him up for 10 years

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:09 PM »
I'm starting to get a feel for the Yze game style.

1. Nank to tap to the opposition mid and use the one arm tackle to impede until they get a clearance forward.
2. Defensive players are to employ an ultra high zone so as to allow free opposition players space to run into.
3. Hand pass to anyone that is in a worse predicament that yourself.
4. Kick inside 50 straight to anyone from the other team.
5. Take a slow approach and move the ball slowly allowing the opposing team to flood back
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2024, 08:42:22 PM »

1. Nank to tap to the opposition mid and use the one arm tackle to impede until they get a clearance forward.
2. Defensive players are to employ an ultra high zone so as to allow free opposition players space to run into.
5. Take a slow approach and move the ball slowly allowing the opposing team to flood back

Well it’s worked to half time

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2024, 11:08:01 PM »

Well it’s worked to half time

Agree chuckster I thought they were great till half time.It was always in the back of the mind though just how big the margin would be.
As was to be expected

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2024, 09:03:45 AM »
He knows we're we a that we need to rejuvenate even through I like to see more kids. Good to see backs the kids and makes moves. Pickett on Petracca we haven't tagged in years.Banks on Langdon on the wing good lesson. Good sign our youngsters are improving Rioli, Brown, Miller etc.He needs a couple of drafts and hit free agency and sort this garbage in our fitness and conditioning and medical department and add couple of his assistant coaches. With the players available at the moment his got good football brain considering.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2024, 10:35:52 AM »
I would like to see him a ground level when momentum is going the other way. Talk to the players directly, fire them up. He doesn't bother. Concerns me a bit...

Offline Wazza

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2024, 10:46:55 AM »
It feels as though Ooze is just feeling his way through it ATM. It's hard to play the way you want when most the team is missing or not skilled enough.
His reactions in the box when he is shown on TV are really still quite controlled. Even the way he keeps pumping the players up after the game, he definately has a strategy in mind.
I reckon give him this year to find his feet, practise his press conference speeches, implement whatever gameplan he thinks going fwd and then hopefully start having real input internally with coach selection, player selection etc. Then if nothing appears to change we start to beat the jungle drums and call for his head  :rollin

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2024, 10:48:27 AM »
I think he is doing pretty well with current cattle. No key forwards and down a couple of mids.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2024, 07:25:43 AM »
Impressed with the way he goes about it.
Stays calm & is consistent in his approach.
Stategy seems sound & works well with the limited cattle he's got at his disposal even if we don't get the result.
Backing kids in & giving most of them a slab of games to find their feet. Many are improving. Tick.
Makes good changes on game day.
Sees the big picture.
Yze is one of the big plusses in a tough season.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2024, 07:36:42 AM »
Don't have an issue with him given the crap he was left with, but FMD cut out the bs talk. That dusty legacy rubbish  was garbage.

I would also like him to start making a stand with his staff in the offseason, bring in his own people and fo the leftover rubbish from Dimma like Teague and Meehan.

He needs to stop rewarding players who don't deserve a gig. Naismith should never have played. Give Ryan, Smith and Cumberland  a block of games.

The worst thing that can happen is we finish mid table. He won't last long if that occurs as our recruiting guns will likely stuff that up again.

We need to finish bottom 3, collect our gun, trade out strongly  and move on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:47:09 AM by Francois Jackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2024, 10:39:20 AM »
I think I understand the “Dusty legacy “ comment.

Dusty had a moment in time where he was superman , the best player in the game . He rightfully deserves his statue . He has given us all such joy .

But we are now entering the 4th season in a row where he is a shadow of his former self . I know there have been major contributing factors like serious internal injuries and personal tragedy.

His career is having a similar trajectory to another once great player- Nate Fyfe .

Despite all this , I get the feeling his football relevance is just fading away . Perhaps being a role model to the next generation of players is the only lever left to pull .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2024, 12:27:26 PM »
FJ you can’t say he needs to stop rewarding players who don’t deserve a gig and then in the next line say he should be playing Cumberland.

Naismith may not be the future but he has been playing well in the vfl while Cumberland has been struggling.

I’d also like to see Cumberland in the side as I think he does play better at afl level and it’s essentially his last chance before being delisted, but let’s not pretend it’s about rewarding form.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2024, 05:26:45 PM »
I'm big believer in MRJ but there was no way he deserved to play in Coke Zero based on form or standards of professionalism but he did and hasn't looked back since , playing the best footy of his career and finally starting to look like he belongs, worthy of his surname...so you can't really say the same standards are being applied across the board - but they never really are at clubs if analyse the selections/non-selections of ever.....either way Cumberland deserves the same chances MRJ was given....it may pay off or prove the naysayers right..but in this kind of season we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain....apart from that we should be getting as many games into our next generation as we can as quickly as possible....we'll have a glut of retirements and lose a couple more to trades  so I'd rather go into next year with them having 20 - 40 games under their belts then just 5-10 or none....because if it's the latter things will get very ugly and start to smell like North & Hawthorn....the worst part is that with all the injuries we cureently have the perfect opportunity/excuse to do it and we're just squandering it trying to rack up meaningless wins or minimise the size of the losses  ..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2024, 05:44:28 PM »
FJ you can’t say he needs to stop rewarding players who don’t deserve a gig and then in the next line say he should be playing Cumberland.

Naismith may not be the future but he has been playing well in the vfl while Cumberland has been struggling.

I’d also like to see Cumberland in the side as I think he does play better at afl level and it’s essentially his last chance before being delisted, but let’s not pretend it’s about rewarding form.

Cumberland has played decent games at vfl level and did not get selected. That is an absolute fact and not just this year either. Has played some average ones as well but so has mansell, graham and about 4 other players. Now if its all about form mansell should be omitted this week. Has played 2 very ordinary games hasn't he? Mcintosh, Naismith, Graham, the list goes on.

McAuliffe. Dumped after 1 average game only to then watch as our senior side get smashed by 7 goals. Sonzie...

Ryan is another. Having a cracking season and donuts. In a game we needed forwards a nice guy has been gets selected before him. Crazy.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.