Author Topic: Would you be critical of the club if Dusty walks ??  (Read 2592 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Would you be critical of the club if Dusty walks ??
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »
Given how much PRESTIA and gale make, yes.

Gale is not part of the salary cap - why even say it .
Unleash the tornado

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »
Why be critical of the club.

I would say that they have acted in good faith with player and manager.

Player and manager have had history with this scenario which didn't paint the manager in a good light.

I'm glad if it's reported to be the truth re: last and final offer.

You can't mortgage the house on one player, that can have a huge effect on the clubs pay structure.

The RFC of old would have blown the bank in this situation, finally we know what's required to run a professional out fit.

I personally still think it's a bit more than I would like too see the club fork out, 1m would be tops and 7 years ( if true) a bit too long.

Regardless of waiting for Dustin's announcement I would like too see how he performs this final series, does he stand up as this is when LEGENDS are born.

The only person leaking to the media is his manager, but Ralph knows how to work the media this is his bread and butter.

Balmy's interview on Friday tells me that we won't be budging, our cards are on the table take it or leave it.

Just remember he ain't leaving for success if he chooses Norf, he will be front and centre of a struggling club again...with his massive contract comes massive expectation on and off the field.

Huge investment from Norf, the only way we will know if it's a success  for them if they play finals and win premierships with a rebuilding list...I don't think so.

Its interesting that BG stated at least a few months ago that the club would need to know sooner rather than later where his head is at...wonder how that turned out within the meetings that have transpired since that statement, from what I was told he had agreed in principle until Norfs last offer, only weeks ago.

Kudos to the RFC, DR and Balmy.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
Why be critical of the club.

I would say that they have acted in good faith with player and manager.

Player and manager have had history with this scenario which didn't paint the manager in a good light.

I'm glad if it's reported to be the truth re: last and final offer.

You can't mortgage the house on one player, that can have a huge effect on the clubs pay structure.

The RFC of old would have blown the bank in this situation, finally we know what's required to run a professional out fit.

I personally still think it's a bit more than I would like too see the club fork out, 1m would be tops and 7 years ( if true) a bit too long.

Regardless of waiting for Dustin's announcement I would like too see how he performs this final series, does he stand up as this is when LEGENDS are born.

The only person leaking to the media is his manager, but Ralph knows how to work the media this is his bread and butter.

Balmy's interview on Friday tells me that we won't be budging, our cards are on the table take it or leave it.

Just remember he ain't leaving for success if he chooses Norf, he will be front and centre of a struggling club again...with his massive contract comes massive expectation on and off the field.

Huge investment from Norf, the only way we will know if it's a success  for them if they play finals and win premierships with a rebuilding list...I don't think so.

Its interesting that BG stated at least a few months ago that the club would need to know sooner rather than later where his head is at...wonder how that turned out within the meetings that have transpired since that statement, from what I was told he had agreed in principle until Norfs last offer, only weeks ago.

Kudos to the RFC, DR and Balmy.
Hang on a minute....
I don't get people that say if he leaves it's not for success, it's for the money.
We have won 2 finals in 35 years. Nothing is garranteed we are going to be successfull! Especially with the coach we have. We were putrid last year so things can change pretty quickly.
It's just a BS statement.
Dusty probably has a good 6 or 7 years left him him, you don't think a footy club with Dusty in it can turn things around in that time??
As I said, BS statement.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 07:57:23 AM »
Er, yes I would've been!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »
The West Australian are saying this morning that on last nights game, whatever we paid for Dusty was unders.