Author Topic: Players with permission to train with Richmond  (Read 3502 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Players with permission to train with Richmond
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »
David Gourdis (Richmond)
Tristan Cartledge (Richmond)
Adam Cockshell (Port Adelaide)
Fabian Deluca (Port Adelaide)
Matt Davis (Coburg)
Nick Liddle (Coburg)
Jon Morris (Coburg)
Fortunato Caruso (Coburg)
Connor Meredith (County Laois, Ireland)
Niall McKeever (County Antrim, Ireland)

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=69635

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Players with permission to train with Richmond
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »
No Deluca?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »
David Gourdis
Tristan Cartledge
Adrian Cockshell (Port)
Conor Meredith (Ireland)
Niall McKeever (Ireland)

OE is that complete or partial list, I just would have thought to See Fabian Deluca on there

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »
Sorry everyone. SEN only read out those 5 names. The AFL site has the full list so I've edited the first post. Deluca and a number of Burgers are there too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »
Sounds like we are going to put Gourdis on the rookie list. We normally rookie a Burger player each year too. 

Cartledge is too old now to be a rookie so are we looking at using pick 74 on a recycled ruckman whether it's him or Deluca?  :-\

I hope this time around we rookie some U18 kids who fall through the draft rather than just waste it on recycled types like we did this year. That's how you find a Foley, Thursty or Moore.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 11:20:03 PM »
Here is each players details:

No.   Hgt      Wgt      D.O.B.        Recruited from:

Fort Caruso         11  172cm   70kg   07/03/1988  Calder Cannons/Fawkner Park - Coburg
Matt Davis          19  188cm   78kg   02/10/1989  Mt Gravatt/Sherwood/Kenmore (Qld) - Coburg
Nick Liddle          51  177cm   70kg   29/12/1987  Mitcham/Eastern Ranges - Coburg
John Morris         54  187cm   74kg   23/11/1986  Doutta Stars - Coburg

Adam Cockshell   34   198cm  96kg   19/08/1986  Norwood (SA) - Port Adelaide
Fabian Deluca      37   203cm  99kg   27/01/1987  Scoresby/Eastern Ranges - Port Adelaide

Tristan Cartledge  38  199cm   93kg   11/06/1985  North Ballarat (both seniors and U18)/Essendon - Richmond
David Gourdis       33  193cm   89kg   14/03/1989  Subiaco (WA) - Richmond 

Connor Meredith    186cm                       18 y.o.     County Laois, Ireland
Niall McKeever      195cm   82kg (@ 17)  19 y.o.      County Antrim, Ireland
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:39:49 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
A story on Cockshell in today's Adelaide Advertiser

I'm a changed man, says Cockshell
ANDREW CAPEL | November 11, 2008

DUMPED Port Adelaide forward Adam Cockshell didn't need to be asked twice.

Within an hour of being told by his manager Adrian Battiston Richmond had invited him to pre-season training, Cockshell had organised a place to stay in Victoria and had booked his car in for service. Three days later he drove to Melbourne to start training at Punt Rd.

"I definitely believe I've got something to offer at AFL level so I vowed if I was to get a second chance I would jump at the opportunity and try to make the most of it," Cockshell said.

"So here I am (in Melbourne)."

Cockshell - cut by the Power last month - started training with the on-the-rise Tigers on Wednesday.

He has been joined at Tigerland by former Power team-mate, ruckman Fabian Deluca. Another delisted Port player, utility Greg Bentley, is training just kilometres away with Carlton. All three hope to impress enough to find their way back onto AFL lists via the national or pre-season drafts.

Powerfully built 198cm Cockshell says he is a reformed character after paying the price for some off-field indiscretions at Alberton which led to his delisting after just two games in two seasons following his recruitment from Norwood.

"I've definitely learned from my mistakes. I'm a changed man," the 22-year-old said. "I did a couple of things the club (Port) didn't want me doing and I know they weren't the right things. But you learn from your mistakes. If I get a second (AFL) opportunity then there will be no (off-field) issues."

Cockshell believes he has the tools to make it at AFL level, pointing out he has a big upside because he has only been playing football seriously for four years after passing up a promising tennis career.

"That's why I'm over here," he said from Melbourne. "I think I've got something to offer a club looking for a key forward. Because I've only been playing for four years I'm still learning to read the play and I need to brush up on my skills and goalkicking but I feel I'm improving all the time. I just need another chance to show it, so I'll train as hard as I can and see what happens.

"Hopefully Big Dels (Deluca), Bents (Bentley) and me are all given another chance."

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,24632573-5016212,00.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
Havent seen much of Cockshall at all

But Port do have a recent history of letting some pretty handy players go. Interesting to see how he goes and whether we pick him up.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
Havent seen much of Cockshall at all

But Port do have a recent history of letting some pretty handy players go. Interesting to see how he goes and whether we pick him up.

Would be good to blunt the 'D-Rod' factor - have something to fire back with in a discussion with one of their feral supporters.   :-[

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 09:32:03 AM »
Would be good to blunt the 'D-Rod' factor - have something to fire back with in a discussion with one of their feral supporters.   :-[

You got that right Smokey, I am hoping Thompson will be the one

richmondrules

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
Well boys you have no one to blame but yourselves. Talking to Port Adelaide supporters, what a curious idea. I won't be trying that one in a hurry.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »
'peterbuch74' posted this on BF over the weekend:

Quick update... I've heard tonight that DeLuca and Cartledge have been told that they won't be required at training from Monday. Cockshell stays on and is a good chance of being drafted with pick 70.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13046968&postcount=27

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 03:48:30 AM »
'peterbuch74' posted this on BF over the weekend:

Quick update... I've heard tonight that DeLuca and Cartledge have been told that they won't be required at training from Monday. Cockshell stays on and is a good chance of being drafted with pick 70.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13046968&postcount=27
If true then we'll be going to next season relying on Simmo, Gus and Patto to share the ruck load.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 09:06:23 AM »
If true then we'll be going to next season relying on Simmo, Gus and Patto to share the ruck load.

Please please please dont break down Simmo  :pray

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »

Paying due respect to the unknown source, as you say MT - 'if true' - maybe the club is confident (or knows) it will be getting a ruckman with pick #8?