Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 579397 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #435 on: August 21, 2015, 07:18:43 PM »
see above wat ^^^^
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2015, 08:38:32 PM »

Lake, Gunston, Gibson, Hale, Burgoyne, McEvoy, O'Rourke, Anderson. Frawlery

Gunston a grade
burgoyne a grade
orourke pick 2
mcevoy highly rated etc

hawthorn bought in a number of guns

Not sure they were "guns" when brought in. Gibson and Hale were mediocre players at North. O'Rourke has shown nothing and Frawley is overrated/ paid. Lake and Burgoyne were thought to be past their prime and Gunston was a promising type when brought in.

They've got the most out of these blokes but that's as much to do with their system and culture as it does the raw talent of players brought in.

Thats an interesting way of looking at it.

Im not sure if that is a suffice argument - to not go hard for trelor. Danger. Lburger  Carlisle types

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »
They haven't payed ridiculous amounts of money for those players. Look what's japlened to Sydney. Many criticised them for buying buddy franklin. Damaged their culture greatly

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: August 21, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »

Gunston a grade
burgoyne a grade
orourke pick 2
mcevoy highly rated etc

Not sure they were "guns" when brought in. Gibson and Hale were mediocre players at North. O'Rourke has shown nothing and Frawley is overrated/ paid. Lake and Burgoyne were thought to be past their prime and Gunston was a promising type when brought in.

They've got the most out of these blokes but that's as much to do with their system and culture as it does the raw talent of players brought in.

Im not sure if that is a suffice argument - to not go hard for trelor. Danger. Lburger  Carlisle types

maybe not, but it counters your hawthorn example as being an argument for spending a large portion of the cap on a few players.

On which its important to remember it was the loosing of arguably the biggest fish to move ponds since locket, that enabled hawthorn to afford frawley, and keep those important second tier players, while winning another premiership

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »
Do this "due diligence" then move on from Yarran!!

Due diligence eh.

Something like a quick look at stats.
Yarran career disposals 14.5
Houli career disposals 21.25

or maybe the fact that the bottom team in the competition with the worst list won't play him.

or maybe because we have a shortage of his type with only Houli, Hunt, Drummond, Castagna, Ellis, McDonough on the list.

If the club recruits Yarran AND pays anything more than a 3rd rounder and an average wage (around $300K) then they will have proved their incompetence.
The player we could have got for the Yarran pick, like Rockliff, Barlow and Heppell in the past, will be the albatross around their necks.

A decision to recruit Yarran is so stupid on so many different levels (attitude, ability, trade price, wage, loss of development) I cannot see how list management and coach can hold their jobs.

correct

is it?

Yarren has played forward a lot in a bad team

In the era of kicking backwards and sideways.  I am not convinced possession stats are paramount

The era is also one of tanking. So that should be taken into consideration too

Drummond, Castagna types are a bonus if they make it

I am not sold on yarren. And would prefer him be cheap. But i get the feeling he would be better for us than; hunt / grigg / chaplin / houli. His pace and skill could work well - with our guns inside types. Miles chimp. Martin 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: August 21, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
so what would you pay for yarran?

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #441 on: August 21, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »

Gunston a grade
burgoyne a grade
orourke pick 2
mcevoy highly rated etc

I've certainly advocated going after Treloar I'm a big fan. Danger as well though I never though we were a chance. I just think you do so within reason and that successful recruiting isn't defined by signing the most expensive player.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: August 21, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »

Gunston a grade
burgoyne a grade
orourke pick 2
mcevoy highly rated etc

I've certainly advocated going after Treloar I'm a big fan. Danger as well though I never though we were a chance. I just think you do so within reason and that successful recruiting isn't defined by signing the most expensive player.

id think many of dynasties in more recent times have had fair 'reinforcement' from elsewhere which has added to the list core.

- Geelong were lucky with the soft father/sun rules but ottens was handy. Fitted in a treat.
 - brisbane got head start by eating fitzory.
 - Sydney have a stream of recycling coming in. You could argue; as a result of tippet and Franklin.  They could be a rough chance - at worst for a flag every year.  At least for the medium term. High risk but high reward

Richmond have done things within reason for about a decade.  There is a good young core. But the team still asks too much from too few on game day. It is good to improve the bottom six slowly with corey ellis and lennon types.  But the premiership window wont be open forever. Nor will Maric and lids be

You can only play 18, all the contracts are locked in. Why not throw the kitchen sink at the biggest fish now? In a similar way to sydney or hawks having worked in some players to strengthen areas; trelor or danger, for example, in addition to miles, vlastuin, deledio, martin, cotchin would be formidable.

There was an article saying. For some reason Richmond get an extra ten percent salary cap room. Too. I understand danger is highly unrealistic , yet trelor,  bennel. Highly talented types couldnt hurt 

as for hawthorn the key defender were somewhat highly rated in the afl community.  Lake/harris, Frawley, gibson prior to moving. 

Hale. Mcvoey. Gunston were not stars but still quite young and on the verge of improving.  Perhaps like trelor, bennel, Carlisle

Burgoyne is silk. Anderson I like from the little ive seen. Would be handy here. Orourke, not many top3 picks fail these days. A player of that potential would keep the other player on toes

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

grigg and 2016 draft pick, non first round

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:31 PM »
Agree Houli is better than Yarran but Yarran is a forward plain and simple. 
I will almost put money on the fact that Yarran will kick 40-50 goals for us playing deep forward

:ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL

if yarren plays for richmond

and is played as a forward

I think its possible he kicks on average two goals a game 

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: August 22, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »

grigg and 2016 draft pick, non first round
not much then?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
Good call on SEN just now... Yarran needs to get himself right with himself before we start saying what club is right for him, also said a bad fit for the RFC...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #447 on: August 22, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Good call on SEN just now... Yarran needs to get himself right with himself before we start saying what club is right for him, also said a bad fit for the RFC...

2/3 of the panel said it was a good idea. Only Robbo didbt like it.
Kings and Derm said he'd be a good fit

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #448 on: August 22, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
NO to Yarran.

Motlop, Danger, Treloar...use the massive war chest we have apparently built.. :whistle :whistle :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #449 on: August 22, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
Yes to Yarran for mine. Get a bloke with his talent to a solid, grounded club (like we are at the moment) and we'll get the best out of him. He's a jet!