Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 108702 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Troy Taylor accused of NYE assault (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2010, 07:33:47 AM »
Hold your horses folks....
A.  how do you crash a 'street party', if your holding it in the street there are no gates to crash.
B.  who were these dudes taking it upon themselves to police the streets on behalf of the NT anyway?  What was the initial alleged crime? Fireworks?  And then some hero tried to frogmarch them over the road ?  I tell you what, I would of cut up nasty too.  The real problem is that TT, to his misfortune, actually knows what he's doing when he does cut loose so people get very embarrassed and upset and want to ensure he is punished by the law for making them look ordinary.
All we have is the tabloid beat up side of the story anyway.  Lets not condemn the bloke just yet. 

And he managed to drop three blokes! Sounds a little far fetched to me!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
(/quote)The thing that makes it worse for him is he has priors and this time last year was in a youth detention centre as a result of brawling in Darwin so it looks bad.

Actually, I think he was in youth detention for tagging along with some mates in a service station robbery.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2010, 08:42:49 AM »
Well lets do the right thing and support him eh folks or are we turning into the eat your own brigade AGAIN?????? Geezus is that the full story..... must be because you all want to hang him at the moment. The Carlton supporters at least stuck by their 4 clowns but no not some of you lot!!!!! Lets just judge him by rule .303.... amazing, simply amazing!! :banghead

I am sure Hardwick will deal with it, regardless of which way it goes support for a change would be nice!!

Are people not allowed to have an opinion here? If he did do it, then he's a piece of scum. If not, maybe people will have some apologising to do to him. With his past this doesn't sound all that unlikely to me. Hopefully this isn't true.

I for one won't be backing him or bagging him just yet. We'll wait and see......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
This is not a good situation at all. As others have said we do need to wait untill the facts come out before passing judgment as all we have now is a report from a sensationalist shitrag tabloid and some of the 'facts' dont seem quite right. In saying that more often than not where's smoke there's fire. Just by putting himself into that situation shows a lack of judgement on the kids behalf, but that in its self is not a hanging offence and there wouldnt be too many people who could say they havn't been guilty of that at some stage in their life, particulary when they were younger.

If he is charged and found guilty then it's game over for him as he is on probation which would be a shame. Footy was probably his way out, so to speak, and too loose that could disastrous. Ben cousins said the enforced layoff while trying to beat his addiction was the time he realy needed to be involved in footy the most.

The club needs to address the situation with him in a clear and concise manner and perhaps consider moving his mum to melbourne. She moved to Alice to get away from bad influences so may have to do it again. The problem is its a bit harder to move interstate when you work in the education system.  He is obviously a follower rather than a leader so hopefully if he escapes charges, someoene at Punt Road can take him under their wing and keep him on the straight and narrow. He really is at the crossroads here, not just in terms of a football career, but life in general.

If we was to muck up again perhaps they could trade him for Casboult :D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »
Regardless if this claim is true or not, I agree with those calling for him to be restricted in his travel to Darwin for a time to remove him from the obvious bad influences he has in the area. The education system is one of the easiest to find work in around the country and world for that matter (after all there are kids everywhere!), so the mum could certainly find work in Melbourne especially with the help of the Richmond Football Club. This would mean all the positive influences and support is in Melbourne.

Whether this accusation is correct or otherwise, Darwin is obvious a dangerous place for Taylor but unless he is made to see that he will only resent the club so this needs to be done with care.

Anyhow, Lets wait and see how this pans out but I think, given his record and past, the club needs to be very careful how they manage Taylor in the future because his onfield form appears the least of his problems at the moment.

Stripes

Ramps

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
The story seems to have a lot of holes in it and if we do have a player on our list who at 18 can drop 3 blokes, then instead of getting rid of him, we should consider given him a contract extension. Theres been 2 many softies at RFC for a long time. I congratulate the kid for sticking up for himself.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:43 AM »
Ge welcome to the Public Eye Troy!

First of all a 18 year old "skinny" kid can't take out 3 30-40 year old blokes. And if he did, shouldn't we be welcoming some fire in the belly at RFC?

I think we've jumped the gun for starters the media will always be media and any incident involving an AFL listed paper is going to draw headlines. If Troy wasnt an AFL player it wouldn't have been news worthy and unfortunatly may not have even been police worthy. There is no description of injuries as more than likely there werent any except a concussion which could have been simple soreness. The journo would have investigated this and more than likely the outcome of teh concussion was a full bill of health and if reported would have diluted the story.

If he didn't have any priors we'd be laughing it off. Hoping for Troy the charges are dropped and his trips back home are strictly monitored, not banned, you can't ban from seeing family and friends.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »
Some of u sound like drag queens with faux period pain.

FTR,He's a baby,he's in the territory and someone grabbed him and i doubt it was tenderly.

The kid doesnt take sh it and u all want to delist him. :wallywink

u baitches are as soft as our list for the last 20 years.

u make me laugh in between vomits.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2010, 12:34:32 PM »
Richmond FC statement

11:14 AM Thu 07 January, 2010

The Richmond Football Club is aware of an alleged incident involving 2009 draftee Troy Taylor on New Years Eve in Alice Springs.

The Club takes any allegation of player misbehaviour very seriously.

Richmond has been in contact with the AFL and has informed it of the Club's knowledge of the matter.

As the matter is currently being investigated by the Northern Territory Police, the Club will make no further comment until this investigation is complete.

for richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/88532/default.aspx
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
Go the Cypo :banghead

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
He might be a tidy little bastard with his fists.  I am willing to bet, that mister frog march decided he would shuffle firecracker youngsters along by collaring one TT and got a bit more than he bargained for as did his mates.  The 'slap' sounds like a concoction to justify why they were manhandling him in the first place (once the police became involved).  Stinks of horsepoo to me.  I mean, 'can you please leave' ooh I slap your face for asking that...  i'm not buying it.  If anything by frog marching him that bloke is up for assault too so he might want to consider dropping his charges if he intends on pressing any.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »
New nicknames?

The Barunga Bruiser
The Ngandi Knuckle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
I thought Troy had done his time but people are saying Troy is on probation based on this Age article?

Like everyone, the Tigers had done their research. Like every club, they had been emailed the list of basic probation conditions that Troy's manager Jason Dover had worked hard with the Northern Territory Department of Justice, the AFL and the Players Association to draw up, so that he could transfer interstate. They'd taken time to wonder whether they would be a good fit for Troy, too.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/new-horizons-20091127-jwzs.html

New nicknames?

The Barunga Bruiser
The Ngandi Knuckle
Wrong new kid Jake. Relton Roberts is from Barunga/Ngandi ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »

Wrong new kid Jake. Relton Roberts is from Barunga/Ngandi ;)

Oh schit, of course.

We'll just call him gatecrasher then.

Ox

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »
if i was man-handled for being on street that was being used by the public to get peeed on,i would smack the prick in the mouth too.
Only weak pricks get in the ambulance after a tap.
LMAO@ One guy going to hospital.
Payout Pete-king of the NT doll bludgers.

I have a theory-if it's one on 3,then go the one!!!