Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 40802 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
I still will stick with Harper  :pray
Tigers went and had dinner at Keiran Harper's house not so long ago. So we must be interested in him.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19410966&postcount=794

Here's some vision of Harper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMMrj16d2BA&feature=player_embedded

Im on the Money !!  :rollin

Hope we get him !!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »
Harper looks like he has a few tricks but Polec is just real class  - have a look om Utube - He stared playing in the SA grand final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GvCEN_O5I&feature=related

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2010, 04:08:53 AM »
The AFL removed the footage to the link camboon :P

Here's some other clips of Polec (9) along with Brodie Smith (17) playing for Woodville-West Torrens seniors in the SANFL finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1JQLWGdzXA&NR=1 ...................  vs Norwood  (Polec had 20 possies to half-time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7G9KeEjyg8&feature=related .......   vs Glenelg

Both also have video highlights from the U18 champs on http://draftmachine.afl.com.au/

For mine Smith is the better kick - more control, penetration and accuracy over distance than Polec. Although Polec is rated higher overall by most probably because of his Stephen Hill-like pace (not that Smith isn't quick either). Crows recruiting manager Matt Rendell had Polec going at 4 or 5 when interviewed last month.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »
i think they are both overrated

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
I looked at the YouTube vid of Harper and I have to say it didn't fire me up that much.  I know it's a fool's folly to judge a player on 1 highlight reel but if that was indicative of his skillset then I would have to say meh.  Anyone else seen much of him?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
The footage shows Polec playing in the SA grand final ( shows he can step up), there is some other footage of him playing TAC and he has great evasive and kicking skills - X factor. The other footage I found was on Bigfooty.

The word is he wont be around for us but gaff or heppel will be good

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »
WWT Eagles didn't make the Grand Final. Polec did play in the Eagles' QF, SF and PF so he has played well against men at SANFL level.

Btw I'd be very happy if Gaff is still around at our pick 6.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:51 PM »
Polec got plenty of the ball but is certainly an outside ball user. Probably to slight at present to win his own ball. Had trouble kicking a goal too but has a lot of upside. I'm not convinced we'll grab this kid  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »
Stripes is that because we haven't had much luck or success in recent years with South Aussies - Meyer, McMahon, Schulz  :-\

Polec    188cm, 79kg
Smith    189cm, 77kg

Polec is a outside mid/wingman but in the vids he is amongst the stoppages or centrebounces in a couple of shots so he's no Jordie allergic to any contest lol. He seems to do everything right but lets himself down with his kicking especially over distance. Bombs it more than it being a controlled kick. Compare his footskills to Brodie Smith's in the footage who plays more behind the ball like Newman. Smith's footskills are spot on.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
The knock on Smith is that he goes missing for long periods, I have had a good look at  Polec and he definantly is both an inside and outside player. He moves in and out of traffic with ease and has good speed and kicks 60 metres.

I dont think he will be around as the word is Brisbane and WC will take him.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »
The knock on Smith is that he goes missing for long periods, I have had a good look at  Polec and he definantly is both an inside and outside player. He moves in and out of traffic with ease and has good speed and kicks 60 metres.

If that is the case then we now have 6 people guaranteed to go in the top 5. Gaff was apparently a given for west coast at 4 after the combine and heppell is supposed to be a definate top 5 prospect. Think over the next cpl weeks there will be a lot of toing and froing in regards to media speculation as to who is going picks 4-10 or so. Still think that Gaff and Heppell would tremedous picks for the club though Polec does look good any of these players i think would fit well into the club.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »
Still really want Heppell

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2010, 02:26:00 AM »
Still really want Heppell

Yep me too, or Atley
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »

It's hard to get any stats on the net from the SANFL so cheers for that camboon. If Polec stars at AFL level you can claim credit for being a fan and spotting his talent at junior level. Smith averaged more disposals than Polec in the U18 champs but both averaged 20+ so not a knock on either. I still reckon Smith is the better (as in precise) kick of the two especially over distance though from what I've seen.

tony_montana

« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »
Purely opinion based on limited online footage but for mine none of these midfield guys standout like cotch/dusty or Lids did in their highlight reels. I'd go Darling, perfect 3rd tall that can play high, plays it tough and hard and is a very intelligent footballer, would run rings around 2nd and 3rd tall defenders imo which makes him a very valuable player considering jack will always get the number 1 defender. Will also take the dbl team heat off JR and our other tall bc he will be a handful.