Author Topic: Dimma's aftermatch media conference / "Year gets an F": Hardwick  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma's aftermatch media conference / "Year gets an F": Hardwick
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
WAT why do you tear up? WGAF if others edit your posts stuff em

Truth is Dimma nailed what you and a few others have said and some don't like it

Have we improved? Yes wins/losses suggest so but overall we have failed as a footy club

Achievement is measured in September not February

Finals 2013..
If we win next week, and with us it is always an 'if', then we are 11 wins and 11 losses. In academic terms that is a pass, a 'd' in fact. So therefore it is not a fail imo.
Also improvement can be measured more than in terms of win/loss and finals action. last night showed that we have better depth than the bummers, therefore we improed in that area also, imo.
Finals a must next year though i think.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »

Truth is Dimma nailed what you and a few others have said and some don't like it

Have we improved? Yes wins/losses suggest so but overall we have failed as a footy club

Finals 2013..
If we win next week, and with us it is always an 'if', then we are 11 wins and 11 losses. In academic terms that is a pass, a 'd' in fact. So therefore it is not a fail imo.
Also improvement can be measured more than in terms of win/loss and finals action. last night showed that we have better depth than the bummers, therefore we improed in that area also, imo.

thats your opinion and you are more than entitled to it.

Bombers will finish the year equal to or a little better than last year so you think they have improved. I dont

so let me ask you this if next year we finish on 12 wins you still happy as we have improved on 11 wins?

for mine the season is barely a pass. It wouldve been a pass if we didnt get mentally crumble  and get embarrassed against GC. That shows mentally we are still not strong enough.

I hope that changes and we make finals as 4 years in a job you would expect to be in the 8
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:32 PM »

Finals 2013..

thats your opinion and you are more than entitled to it.

Bombers will finish the year equal to or a little better than last year so you think they have improved. I dont

so let me ask you this if next year we finish on 12 wins you still happy as we have improved on 11 wins?

for mine the season is barely a pass. It wouldve been a pass if we didnt get mentally crumble  and get embarrassed against GC. That shows mentally we are still not strong enough.

I hope that changes and we make finals as 4 years in a job you would expect to be in the 8
Fair point on GC game.
on the other points... 12 wins, well that could mean finals but under Dimma we have gone from 6 wins to 8 and half to perhaps 11 wins. Thats a 27 % win percentage in the first year, a 38. 6 win percentage to a 50 % win percentage in each season. Thats good progress.
Essendon finishing equal to or better than year? Unless they win next week then they won't be either equal to better than than year.

Also i believe this year is more difficult to others when comparing improvement, especially in terms of wins and losses and making finals or not. Some teams such as North have played GWS and Suns twice.

This year has not been a failure for the club.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 06:33:25 AM »
Daniel, it is horse poo to pick out a game here and there to sum up a year.
If you do that, then Hawks failed by losing to the Tigers by 10 goals.

The notion of us playing finals is a fair summary of success but to be honest finishing 8th or 11th doesn't change the weaknesses in our list, in some ways it would allow us as supporters to paper over the cracks.

Look at Bombers and their supporters as one example.

Fact is, we are where most if us expected to be, a solid year of improvement but glaring holes that still need repairing.

We get a top 10 pick in the draft, 2 2nd rounders a free agency pick and a pre season gem to continue building.

It ain't all bad.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »
Mate if I was asked in feb would I be happy with this I wouldn't said yes but we blew it this year because we don't have the mental capacity to finish sides off

GC game, dads army game, nought, GWS u name it there were plenty

Am I happy with the coach? Yes. Comments he made few days ago re: our year IMO further illustrates the great decision it was to select him

The facts are he and the club measures achievement on finals as I do

We move forward to 2013 as I said years another year really
Just hope we finally nail those cheats Rd 1

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
If we had made the Finals this year we would have gone out backwards in a big way after the first week. We need to be threatening the top four to ensure at least 2 games in the Finals and hopefully at least one win. We know how far we are behind (not much), what we need to improve (Key: back and forward and Ruck support) and a tweak to the game-plan when sides go one-on-one. At 11-11 I would say a 'D' given where we have come from.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
All the scribes giving us an F were sucked in by where we were at the half way point of the season and got carried away in the emotion of it all, jumping on the Tiggy bandwagon.  When we had (the inevitable) unexpected losses they took it badly and now can only see our season as a failure.  If any of them were marking our season as 11-11 with 110% and most losses under 20 points at the start of the season then they would have given us C's or D's.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
Mate if I was asked in feb would I be happy with this I wouldn't said yes but we blew it this year because we don't have the mental capacity to finish sides off

GC game, dads army game, nought, GWS u name it there were plenty

Am I happy with the coach? Yes. Comments he made few days ago re: our year IMO further illustrates the great decision it was to select him

The facts are he and the club measures achievement on finals as I do

We move forward to 2013 as I said years another year really
Just hope we finally nail those cheats Rd 1

Mate, I won't be truly happy until we win a flag but Ill always enjoy the ride and the check points that show we are heading in the right direction.
Carlton round 1 followed by finals are the checkpoints in 2013  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
it's all just dependent on what your opinion of pass/fail mark was...

if Dimma & the club have decided that we needed to play finals for a pass mark then it's obviously an F...

sure we've shown improvement & look like we are on the right track but that doesn't necessarily equate to a pass...we lost too many games that we should have won (not just games we were in, but games we held winning positions in) & this needs to be rectified....

future looks good but don't get caught up on semantics re pass/fail - lets just make sure this offseason (which is the biggest I can remember re drafting & trading) is done right
...the fighting fury...

Gigantor

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 10:29:37 AM »
Despite what has come out of the club,my own opinion is that the club packed up its bucket and spade and went home when it  mothballed foley,vicks,and grimes and decided to dig up punt road mid season

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »
Despite what has come out of the club,my own opinion is that the club packed up its bucket and spade and went home when it  mothballed foley,vicks,and grimes and decided to dig up punt road mid season

And?????

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »
why is timing the punt rd oval revelopment to be ready for next pre-season packing up your bucket and spade and going home?

...or mothballing players with injuries that prevent them from actually playing for that matter?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
Al to be honest I really cant answer your question with any inside knowledge,just a gut feel i have..i guess its more to do with the relative closeness of those announcements.Vicks was playing injured from the beginning and initially they were prepared to let him play the season out ,and suddenly half way through they sent him off for surgery

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
I had a similar gut feel last sunday, but that was probably due to the bad influence I was drinking with watching the freo game on Saturday ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »
Al to be honest I really cant answer your question with any inside knowledge,just a gut feel i have..i guess its more to do with the relative closeness of those announcements.Vicks was playing injured from the beginning and initially they were prepared to let him play the season out ,and suddenly half way through they sent him off for surgery

Hmmm don't you think that had something to do with his form? Dimma said on SEN yesterday that he came into the season with sore shoulders but they were hoping to get him through the season, in the last couple of games he play he couldn't even get his arms above his head! Somit was decided to get him fixed up so he was right for the pre season. I think the mistake they made was playing him for as long as they did, and not sending him for surgery sooner.
As for the other two, I'm not sure exactly how they were mothballed? Grimes hammy, had to go OS for surgery, Foley achelies season ending period!