Author Topic: Adelaide made their players listen to the Richmond theme song on repeat (H-Sun)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Adelaide players repeatedly played Richmond theme song as part of gruelling pre-season training camp

SAM EDMUND,
Herald Sun
28 March 2018

ADELAIDE players were repeatedly played the Richmond theme song during their mentally-probing pre-season camp on the Gold Coast.

The Herald Sun can reveal a small group of senior Crows were subjected to the yellow and black anthem after being split without warning from the team.

The ear-bashing was one of several testing elements of the week-long Queensland trip, which ran from January 29 to February 2.

The Herald Sun can also reveal the text message captain Taylor Walker sent to his teammates as allegations swirled about what happened at the camp

In part the text said “Boys, there’s some rumblings around the camp. Don’t talk to anyone, let’s discuss it in the morning. Disappointing Tex.’’

The revelations come as Adelaide prepares to face the Tigers, last year’s Grand Final nemesis, at Adelaide Oval.

Sources said the purpose of playing the Richmond song was part of a “cleansing” process after the Crows were humiliated in last year’s decider by 48 points.

Crows coach Don Pyke admitted not all players reacted well to the program steered by performance experts, Collective Mind.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/adelaide-players-repeatedly-played-richmond-theme-song-as-part-of-cruelled-preseason-training-camp/news-story/3fa763a5df2019913c302721fbfde627

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ahh the Texan. Clearly disliked by at least one other player  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
ROFL  just when you think they were a bunch of stuffwits, they go and nail the point home and remove any doubt
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Well at least Sloane won't have any trouble learning the words to our song if he comes over next year..... :shh
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:23:07 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
All teams should follow this lead, as this is all there's gonna hear for the rest of the year anyway wooooohooooooo  :gotigers
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
So what I've had it on repeat since the G/F.
Wonder who is leaking.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
So what I've had it on repeat since the G/F.
Wonder who is leaking.

Has Sloane signed a contract for next year yet?

:lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Article in the Age (Firewalled) suggests that it was the indigenous lads that weren't happy with the preseason camp.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/matters-on-tex-s-mind-20180328-p4z6se.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
As some said in Twitter at least they would have had the Fable Singers version
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Well at least Sloane won't have any trouble learning the words to our song if he comes over next year..... :shh

It may have brainwashed a few  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Risking head and chin...

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
So what we need to do tonight is ensure the Crows are out on the ground before we come out

they will then hear the song again before the first bounce and all the memories will start flowing back........  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Our banner tonight should be:

They play our song
They play our beat
They play it so much
They have it on repeat

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Let’s hope that they hear it again at about 10:30pm
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Let’s hope that they hear it again at about 10:30pm
:lol  :thumbsup

And on repeat  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd