Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference - May 14 / Deledio in doubt to play this week  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not sure if Dimma gets this but games go for 4 quarters. If you play a bad quarter and lose the game, you've played a poor game.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Sure but the whole game style is insipid not just a rubbish 5-20 minute period.
Wasn't it 15 minutes before? Seems to have become 20.
That's basically one whole quarter.
He says they've been doing it all year
He's a stuffwit.
Admit it.

Not disputing your point, just think these 15-20 minute lapses are a massive problem. They are the icing on the putrid game style cake if you like
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Well, that goes without saying, tiger. Lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Not disputing your point, just think these 15-20 minute lapses are a massive problem. They are the icing on the putrid game style cake if you like

Exactly what it is.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
It is putrid. That's a good word to describe it.

If I can open up for a moment, I really don't like it. It's not necessary and it's not effective.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
The weekly routine is all becoming a bit blah. We lose, we try to explain why we lost even though it's obvious to everyone, we say a lot of warm and fuzzy things about lifting our game, drawing lines in the sand and other cliches we can find..  we lose again. It's  become so predictable you could almost be locked away from the world for a week,  come back and still know what happened without having read a single thread on this forum, football is so boring at the minute  :sleep

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

If I can open up for a moment, I really don't like it. It's not necessary and it's not effective.

Saddest thing is that when they play the other game style, the fast run and carry through the corridor which we usually get fleeting glimpses of each week in short blink and you will miss it bursrt we actually look good. It's a good style but right now it like Ty Vickery; a cameo king
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Saddest thing is that when they play the other game style, the fast run and carry through the corridor which we usually get fleeting glimpses of each week in short blink and you will miss it bursrt we actually look good. It's a good style but right now it like Ty Vickery; a cameo king

Yep.  :yep
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The weekly routine is all becoming a bit blah. We lose, we try to explain why we lost even though it's obvious to everyone, we say a lot of warm and fuzzy things about lifting our game, drawing lines in the sand and other cliches we can find..  we lose again. It's  become so predictable you could almost be locked away from the world for a week,  come back and still know what happened without having read a single thread on this forum, football is so boring at the minute  :sleep

It's all about media repsonsibilities that the club have

Best thing is to just ignore it as you know it's all crap blah crap

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

And a lot of the time it gets ruined by a dinky 1 meter handball :banghead

Gigantor

one metre handball???most are far shorter than that

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
the difference between when we look good and when we dont is not anything we do ( not so much anyway) but more to do with what the opposition do. we are still playing pretty much the same way.

those dinky dangerous handballs are still there, but the pressure from the opposition isnt.

I watch with my heart in my mouths at times, about to explode in a tirade of expleteives as i see a series of these handballs... and it actually comes off, but often then only just, but it creates run and breaks the lines. Soon enough though, if the oppostion can keep the pressure on the cracks appear, turnovers happen, the players start to doubt and panic, then it just deteriorates into a god almighty rabble.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Surely you teach, drill, inspire build confidence into the way you play which makes it repeatable. Doing it for 100 minutes or 80 minutes - particularly when on field leaders go missing - is also a coaching thing. 6 years to teach players to concentrate for 100 minutes. Surely a KPI of the coach? Finally, Al while I agree with your point on pressure when our players are executing the game plan properly and don't go missing for 20 minutes we've beaten or pushed the best pressure team in the AFL / Freo a number of times. 
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Interestingly Clarko talked about consistency of effort last night - not being a "sometimes team". He's a coach that has a hugely talented team and demands 100% in the application of that talent. There is no way he'd play a Tyrone Vickery given this kids a repeat offender in the "lack of application" department.
Yet a coach in his 6th year compromises a basic standard in hope.....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
 half the problem HRT is the development of these players. Clarkson would have a different vickery than we have and his old man wouldn't be on the payroll
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.