Author Topic: Otto a man in demand  (Read 37627 times)

froars

Re: Otto a man in demand
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2004, 05:11:04 PM »
Not only are you cynical, but you're a trouble maker, Ronnie.
Attention moderators, give him a kick up the arsse please lol
Been a bit cocky today - and I know that because i do read OER  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2004, 05:11:47 PM »
Not only are you cynical, but you're a trouble maker, Ronnie.
Attention moderators, give him a kick up the arsse please lol
Been a bit cocky today - and I know that because i do read OER  :rollin

We will give Ronie some leeway today Froars - he is still struggling with the Ottens act of treachery ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

RonBranton

« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2004, 05:15:51 PM »
I luv it when you guys talk tuff     :bow

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2004, 06:15:31 PM »
IN tonight's MX (so sure to be in Herald Sun tomorrow) - Joel's given Otto a bit of a serve. Said he hoped he'd give some interviews so he could tell the players why he wanted to leave. Also said the money on offer must be pretty big.

I think Jackstar's right (yes it can happen :lol,) I don't think Otto is too popular at Punt Rd.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2004, 07:05:09 PM »
LOL Ron. Well Ottens must be a champion! He'd have to be to be adjudged 8th best player in a team which is at the bottom of the ladder!

It never ceases to amaze me what hype and a tag of "potential" can do for somebody's reputation.

Needless to say, I' ecstatic at the prospect of picking up at least two good players for him... incredible!

Ottens you are a gun!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2004, 08:01:26 PM »
Joel's given Otto a bit of a serve. Said he hoped he'd give some interviews so he could tell the players why he wanted to leave. Also said the money on offer must be pretty big.

Why would Otto give any interviews about this whole sordid situation. I thought his management did all his talking >:(

As for his management .....

I have heard Tezza a couple of times  in the past few days say that he had met with Brad twice - both times Brad said he wanted to stay. Last week Brad had to march on in to GM's office with his management team to say - "I wanna go" - that speaks volumes IMO. Couldn't he tell GM & Tezza by himself.

Geez - player managers are scumbags....  :banghead

RonBranton

« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2004, 08:26:57 PM »
I think Jackstar's right (yes it can happen :lol,) I don't think Otto is too popular at Punt Rd.

I know that he didn't have many friends there (maybe none) but I have no feedback that he wasn't liked - there is a difference.

The list of people and clubs that rate him is far greater than the list of those that don't - that's becoming more and more obvious by the day. I'm just accepting the fact that it's a big loss for us and hoping that we can turn it into an advantage by getting quality trades for him - so far it's looking good on that front.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 08:52:09 PM by RonBranton »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2004, 08:45:10 PM »
Why would Otto give any interviews about this whole sordid situation. I thought his management did all his talking >:(

Manager: So Otto what have the Tigers offered?

Otto: They said that I had been paid on potential and asked me to a pay cut down to Cogs level with the potential to earn what I was on before.

Manager: What's that! They want me ...uh  um ... you to take a pay cut.

Otto: I told them they were right and I wanted to stay and be a one club player.

Manager: Don't knock yourself Otto. You're a superstar. You came 16th in stats for 2004. How am I  ... uh um ... you meant to further your career. Make it $500K. 99% of that should be for trauma alone for having to listen to Spud every day for 5 years.

Otto: Who would be stupid enough to pay me that much?

Manager ($ in his eyes): Geelong, Sydney, Kangaroos and Adelaide. Can you believe those suckers....uh um I mean ...which one of these fine clubs takes your fancy?  (Under his breath: Use to be Richmond before that @#$% Miller took over.)

Otto ($ in his eyes): Geelong! Where do I sign?

Manager ($ in his eyes): Here. Now where is Cameron Bruce's phone number.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2004, 08:49:50 PM »
The list of people and clubs that rate him is far greater than the list of those that don't - that's becoming more and more obvious by the day.

Ronnie,

Ofcourse he looks good from the outside, but wait until he gets into their inner sanctum.

Brad Ottens is a soft piece of crap, he doesnt work for his team mates and only thinks of himself. This is one of the most selfish acts he has shown here. I hope in Round one he tries to show some courage and drop back into our F50 and Richo plants his knee right into the middle of his back and thats his career all over.

Over rated hack.

P.S. I have never EVER wished injury upon any player before in my life.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 04:42:45 PM by Bull »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Wary Cats still in chase for Ottens
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2004, 12:45:55 AM »
Wary Cats still in chase for Ottens
By Emma Quayle, Jake Niall
realfooty.theage.com.au
September 30, 2004

Geelong coach Mark Thompson will not tear apart the team that played for a grand final place this month by making Richmond any outlandish offers for the out-of-contract Brad Ottens.

Thompson, who said the club would do its best to get the disgruntled ruckman in Geelong colours, warned that to "smash" his list to bits for one player would be a waste of five years' work.

Ottens named Geelong as his club of choice last week, with Sydney and the Kangaroos also keen to snare the 24-year-old and Richmond determined to secure at least two first-round draft choices for the former No. 2 selection.

Thompson was pleased Ottens had nominated Geelong as his preferred destination, given the club's trouble attracting uncontracted forwards in recent off-seasons, and believed the Cats had strong bargaining power. But he emphasised the importance of keeping his existing list together.

"It's a delicate situation. We'll certainly try our best to get Richmond what they want, but there's a lot of work to be done to get it over the line," Thompson said yesterday. "We don't want to split the group up too much. We've got a really good group of boys and you don't want to do anything that's going to harm that and affect that."

Carlton, back in the draft's early rounds for the first time in three seasons, is committed to keeping its first pick in the trading period, which leaves Collingwood and the Kangaroos as the clubs best placed to satisfy Richmond's desire for a top-10 pick as part of any Ottens trade.

Besides their interest in Ottens the Kangaroos have offered Fremantle's ruckman-forward Troy Simmonds the temptation of a four-year contract and show a willingness to part with their first trade pick, No. 10 overall, in return for a quality tall player.

Simmonds has also fielded offers from St Kilda, Richmond and Carlton. He has expressed a preference to stick with the Dockers, who have offered him a three-year deal, but his future might hinge on whether Josh Carr decides to stick with Port Adelaide or requests a trade to Fremantle to play with his brother.

Carr is in Perth with his family, whom he will speak to before making a final decision.

Should Carr ask to be traded, the compensation Fremantle would receive for Simmonds would make it easier to acquire Carr, whose exchange would involve, at a minimum, Fremantle's first pick (No. 11).

Melbourne is confident of retaining Clint Bizzell with a revised contract offer after the defender yesterday expressed unhappiness about the first offer.

"We're still negotiating with Clint's manager and we're getting closer to an agreement," said Melbourne recruitment and list manager Craig Cameron.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/09/29/1096401648179.html

Jackstar

« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2004, 06:29:32 AM »
RFC can talk him up as much as they want, most clubs know he has a heart the size of a pea ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2004, 08:38:56 AM »
I'm just accepting the fact that it's a big loss for us and hoping that we can turn it into an advantage by getting quality trades for him - so far it's looking good on that front.

Ron - you really should try getting angry at him for his back flipping treachery  >:(

I rate him think with a decent coach he can become a very good player but he has betrayed people like you and me who have supported him - get angry at him Ron - it could actually make you feel better  :cheers

Jackstar

« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2004, 08:40:43 AM »
Brad Ottens is NO LOSS. Get over it Ronnie..
Best thing that has happened for ages. Pity we never got rid of the "Duncan Kellaways" of the world when they were worth something too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2004, 12:18:06 AM »
By Dan Oakes, Jake Niall
October 1, 2004
realfooty.theage.com.au

Geelong remains no closer to reaching agreement with Richmond on a trade for the trading period's biggest name, Brad Ottens. Thus far, Geelong has been willing to part only with its first and second-round choices (16 and 32), plus Corey Enright and Charlie Gardiner. The Tigers want two first-round selections, one of those choices in the top-10 picks. Collingwood has indicated that its first draft pick (No. 7), which would enable the Ottens deal to be consummated, might be available, but only at significant cost, such as in return for James Kelly, whom the Cats have deemed untradeable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2004, 01:13:19 AM »
This fits in with the latest Otto trade rumour where we get Pies and Cats first round picks 7 and 16, Pies get Tenace and Cats get Otto. I would take that giving us picks 1,4,7,16 and 20  :thumbsup.

Pass on picks 16, 32 + Enright and Gardiner. Enright is at his "peak" now while Gardiner is a fringer player. Sure the Roos can offer better than that although they'll need to offer more than pick 10 + Corey Jones.

Good to hear both North and Geelong saying what we are asking isn't too much.