Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 579459 times)

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
if browns leg didnt snap in 9 places we would of won that game by 10 goals

we were getting hammered in that game well before it happened

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2015, 11:08:06 AM »
if browns leg didnt snap in 9 places we would of won that game by 10 goals

we were getting hammered in that game well before it happened

fair enough

yet brown was going at 3-4 goal per game and 25 odd possession or there about on average. ablett-like... better than fyfe now imho

7-2 going into that game, i think

sliding doors but anything could have happened if the brown / richo combination had stated fit, that season
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #512 on: August 25, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »
Mark Stevens on Talking Footy reckons Collingwood have offered Treloar a 6-year deal.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #513 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »
Mark Stevens on Talking Footy reckons Collingwood have offered Treloar a 6-year deal.
I wonder if the Pies are going to hard for this kid given their position at the moment. Makes sense for us to go hard, last piece of the puzzle, but they've still got a lot of development to go. Cap cloggers don't do any favours to teams in redevelopment.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #514 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
I wonder if the Pies are going to hard for this kid given their position at the moment. Makes sense for us to go hard, last piece of the puzzle, but they've still got a lot of development to go. Cap cloggers don't do any favours to teams in redevelopment.

Amen

Without the cap cloggers you could just about have danger and trelor

Newman, Chris   
Foley, Nathan   
Chaplin, Troy   
Knights, Chris   
Thomas, Matt
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   
Petterd, Ricky   
Gordon, Nathan   

:whistle
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:42:58 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
  Still think u missed a few mate Arnott, MCd, Astbury , morris I think there is about 10 on the list but yah cant get rid of them all

Amen

Newman, Chris   
Foley, Nathan   
Chaplin, Troy   
Knights, Chris   
Thomas, Matt
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   
Petterd, Ricky   
Gordon, Nathan   

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #516 on: August 25, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »

Amen

Newman, Chris   
Foley, Nathan   
Chaplin, Troy   
Knights, Chris   
Thomas, Matt
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   
Petterd, Ricky   
Gordon, Nathan   

With Foley and Newy retired, there's only about 2 guys on anything close to decent coin there.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: August 25, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »

Amen

Newman, Chris   
Foley, Nathan   
Chaplin, Troy   
Knights, Chris   
Thomas, Matt
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   
Petterd, Ricky   
Gordon, Nathan   

With Foley and Newy retired, there's only about 2 guys on anything close to decent coin there.

what are

Chaplin, Troy 
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   

on?

About one Trelor?  :whistle

In we had played our hand a bit better, with less 'cap cloggers' on long term contracts we could have done a lot this offseason

Still think u missed a few mate Arnott, MCd, Astbury , morris I think there is about 10 on the list but yah cant get rid of them all

yeah - i just went with the older ones on the list

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
do you agree with you get what u pay for?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2015, 02:29:30 AM »
Guess it depends what your definition of 'cap clogger' is. I was referring to guys on more coin than they perhaps deserve. Knights and Chaplin maybe the only two blokes that would be on more than what they give us. I still rate Chaplin as an important part of the team. As for the other names, yes they're probably not AFL standard in the majority, but at the end of the day clubs have x amount of list spots available and have to fill them.

I couldn't see the likes of Hampson or Gordon demanding much cap space.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2015, 07:31:51 AM »
 We need a new thread for rumours
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »

Amen

Newman, Chris   
Foley, Nathan   
Chaplin, Troy   
Knights, Chris   
Thomas, Matt
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   
Petterd, Ricky   
Gordon, Nathan   

what are

Chaplin, Troy 
Hampson, Shaun   
Grigg, Shaun   

on?

About one Trelor?  :whistle

In we had played our hand a bit better, with less 'cap cloggers' on long term contracts we could have done a lot this offseason

yeah - i just went with the older ones on the list

Correct. Instead the dud Dan the man will be like a desperate bloke at the 11th hour trying to score a rubbish deal to look like his doing something. He will probably go and check out trengrove again or watts

Just about the biggest club in the country and yet the best we can come up with is yarran, Hampson and knights

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: August 26, 2015, 08:14:04 AM »
We need a new thread for rumours

Thanks but that one is also getting hijacked with irrelevant references
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #524 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »

Who is your club targeting at the trade table?

Staff writers  August 26, 2015 7:00 AM
Afl.com.au

RICHMOND
The Tigers only managed to land former Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt last year after attempts to lure David Armitage and Jack Trengove in the trade period went bust. With their key position stocks relatively solid, they're unlikely to pursue the likes of Lachie Henderson or Jake Carlisle, and they'll again chase midfield depth, speed, half-back talent and possibly a small forward this off-season. Carlton's Chris Yarran, Geelong's Steven Motlop and Greater Western Sydney's Adam Treloar have already been linked to the club, and of those, Yarran seems the most realistic, with the Cats set to fight to keep Motlop, and Treloar seemingly Collingwood-bound. A trade would be needed to secure Yarran given the half-back is contracted until the end of next year. Currency wise, defender David Astbury has played forward at times in the VFL this year and faces a tough battle to break into the senior side if he stays there. He's contracted for another year, but could be keen for more opportunities.

Dream trade: Patrick Dangerfield. The word is he's either staying at Adelaide or going to Geelong but that shouldn't stop Richmond at least asking the question. He'd bring experienced inside hardness to the Tigers and offer them much-needed outside explosive pace, which could be the missing piece after they succeeded in locking away other key figures to long-term deals. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-26/your-clubs-trade-targets