Author Topic: Tivs 150th  (Read 1517 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tivs 150th
« on: April 29, 2006, 03:23:15 AM »
Next week against the Bombers. Who would have thought after the last few years lol.

Playing his best footy since 2001 and before the Blues game Tivs lead Richmond's stats in long kicks, tackles  :o and inside 50's. 

Congrats Tivs on RFC life membership after coming off the old supplementary list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

Re: Tivs 150th
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:43:59 AM »
this pains me to say this...but hes going alright at the moment...nevertheless i can always find something from nothing...in this case i say keep up the good work tivvers...youll actually be worth something at this rate during trade week.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:37:28 AM »
this pains me to say this...but hes going alright at the moment...nevertheless i can always find something from nothing...in this case i say keep up the good work tivvers...youll actually be worth something at this rate during trade week.

Agreed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:56:06 PM »

He's out of contract at the end of the year....coincidentally  ;)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 06:12:12 PM »

cant believe that u say that, tiv last night was not alone, but he was one of the main culprits. he was a shocker, dont let his big goal fool you, his kicking and decision making is a disgrace and i cannot believe he will make 150. its a joke he can be given that status

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »
Tivendale's career fear
4 May, 2006
Paul Gough
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Less than a year after he feared his career was under threat because of a severe case of the kicking yips, Richmond wingman Greg Tivendale will celebrate an important milestone when the Tigers take on Essendon in the "Dreamtime at the G" clash on Saturday night.

Tivendale will play his 150th match for the Tigers and is quite rightly proud of his achievement given he has often had to ride the gauntlet of criticism - even from his own supporters - for his sometimes wayward kicking, which reached almost crisis point midway through last season.

However Tivendale has been one of Richmond's standout players in 2006 and his 20 disposals and two goals - including a crucial one late in the third term -was one of the main reasons why the Tigers were able to hold off Carlton at the MCG last Friday night.

The 26-year-old admits he is enjoying the responsibilities that come with now being one of the club's most senior players.

"I am in the top 10 blokes at our club now in terms of games played so you do have to step up and perform," he said.

"I'm pretty stoked about reaching 150 games, it means life membership of the club, and that is a huge honour."

Tivendale actually played 135 of his games in succession from round 19, 1999 to round 18, 2005 before a groin injury saw him miss three of the last four games last season.

But he admitted he was concerned he may have been dropped from the side in the middle of last season when a series of kicking errors in matches resulted in his place coming under scrutiny.

"I was still getting the ball, which is the hardest part of the game, but I just wasn't using it well which was so bizarre because that is normally one of my strengths," Tivendale said of his long, left-foot kicking.

"Terry (Wallace) has always said if you can't kick the ball properly then you can't play (in the senior side) and it was a worry."

"In the end I was probably hanging on to the ball too long because I was worried about making another blue and I just kept stuffing it up."

However with his adductor injury, which ended his long run of successive games at the end of last year, now fully healed - Tivendale's kicking problems are in the past and he has been a huge factor in the Tigers' wins in the past fortnight.

"I am definitely feeling much more positive," he said.

"It was just a matter of using my instincts and once I get the footy just pick an option (of where to kick the ball)."

Now Tivendale is just looking forward to continuing to play his part as the Tigers take another step in getting their season back on track against the Bombers on Saturday night.

"We need to keep winning and it's a chance to get our season back on level terms at 3-3," he said, after the Tigers' lost their first three games of the season.

"It's always a big game against Essendon and the "Dreamtime" theme now just makes it even more special."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=262878
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 10:52:14 PM »
well done TIVA   great acheivement   makes me proud to show the #32  keep up the good season and hopefully silence the "knockers"
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 11:29:30 PM »
Good luck, Tivs - keep up the good work this year.
I'm still not sold on him, but he is definitely better than last year  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 09:12:20 PM »
Things are going so well at Punt Rd we actually won a milestone game lol  :thumbsup

Congrats Tivas.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tivs the metre muncher
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »
A bit on Tivs in the Herald-Sun today....

Metre munchers
10 May 2006   Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

FOR years, the likes of Peter Riccardi and Rohan Smith have been described as 70m players.

The theory is simple: They'll run the full 15m and pump it 55m off the boot.

But while everyone always knew Riccardi and Smith were damaging when allowed to run and carry, the exact impact was always guesswork.

Now, for the first time, clubs can get their hands on stats that reveal the game's metre-munchers.

The Champion Data stat exposes those who chip it sideways and rewards the players brave enough to not only take opponents on, but roost it long.

It also shows which clubs are dashing, daring and direct and those who like to go slowly, safely and keep it short.

Using a simple formula of measuring metres gained by a player running with and then kicking the ball...

Tiger Greg Tivendale, once the favourite whipping boy, has gained 3116m for his team.

But it's not all one-way traffic and downhill skiing. The rejuvenated Tivendale tops the tackle count at Richmond as well.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19081453%255E19742,00.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:10 PM »
Subtract 200m for every clanger he makes and see where you are then.

Nah, he's doing alright. Unfortunately he is one of our barometer players. I say unfortunately because he is a bit erratic. But we need him playing well consistently to do well consistently and it has been that way for sometime.