Author Topic: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)  (Read 9436 times)

dwaino

Re: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
PAFC should of had a replacement weeks ago instead of sitting around waiting  ::)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »

It doesn't matter who gets the job it is going to be disprutive to at least 1 AFL club (probably more) the whole thing is a joke but hey after 150+ years of failure what else would anyone have expected  ;D

Isn't the assistant at the Saints in the running?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »
PAFC should of had a replacement weeks ago instead of sitting around waiting  ::)

Did they lose a key coach to become senior coach at. Brisbane, too?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »

It doesn't matter who gets the job it is going to be disprutive to at least 1 AFL club (probably more) the whole thing is a joke but hey after 150+ years of failure what else would anyone have expected  ;D

Isn't the assistant at the Saints in the running?

not now  ::)

Yeah they interviewed 2 of thier assistants but "blind freddy" could see thay had primary 2 targets. Richardson who originally said "not interested" but then did the biggest blackflip and Choco.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2013, 10:56:38 AM »

Yeah clearly all clubs should have just in case.

The angst people have shown taking pot shots from the cheap seats at the RFC about supposedly "waiting around" have been laughable. How has the club been waiting around exactly?

Watters was sacked 2 weeks ago (read Nov 1st). All clubs had their season 2014 appointments done & dusted by mid-October. So how could our club or any club have known what was going to happen. How could any club plan for that.

The names bandied about by some as people we should have gone after (eg Tudor) were appointed at their new clubs way before Watters was sacked, so therefore before their was any chance that we could lose Choco Williams. As for the suggestion that we should have hired Tudor over McQualter & Bailey is pointless because Tudor is a senior assistant, line coach not a development coach - they are different roles that have very different primary focuses

Are people seriously suggesting that we should've hired someone just in case in Nov another AFL club sacked it coach?

Leppa going to Brisbane and this St Rabble debacle are very different situations, not sure how you can link the 2 TBH

Leppa got the Brisbane gig in early October when most clubs are hiring and firing in their footy Depts. At that time the Club decided not appoint a replacement assistant coach. Instead they decided to beef up development with 2 new developemnt coaches. One of the reasons being the fact that we are establishing our own VFL side.  All makes sense IMHO

What we have now is a situation outside what normally happens in the industry that I doubt no club could have envisaged let alone planned for.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2013, 11:14:15 AM »
you make too much sense billy. i think you need to hand yourself an infraction notice
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »

Yeah clearly all clubs should have just in case.

The angst people have shown taking pot shots from the cheap seats at the RFC about supposedly "waiting around" have been laughable. How has the club been waiting around exactly?

Watters was sacked 2 weeks ago (read Nov 1st). All clubs had their season 2014 appointments done & dusted by mid-October. So how could our club or any club have known what was going to happen. How could any club plan for that.

The names bandied about by some as people we should have gone after (eg Tudor) were appointed at their new clubs way before Watters was sacked, so therefore before their was any chance that we could lose Choco Williams. As for the suggestion that we should have hired Tudor over McQualter & Bailey is pointless because Tudor is a senior assistant, line coach not a development coach - they are different roles that have very different primary focuses

Are people seriously suggesting that we should've hired someone just in case in Nov another AFL club sacked it coach?

Leppa going to Brisbane and this St Rabble debacle are very different situations, not sure how you can link the 2 TBH

Leppa got the Brisbane gig in early October when most clubs are hiring and firing in their footy Depts. At that time the Club decided not appoint a replacement assistant coach. Instead they decided to beef up development with 2 new developemnt coaches. One of the reasons being the fact that we are establishing our own VFL side.  All makes sense IMHO

What we have now is a situation outside what normally happens in the industry that I doubt no club could have envisaged let alone planned for.

yes they are different WP but when leppa left they had time to replace him and with other suitable candidates so why announce they arent replacing him. If they are prepared for choco leaving as some have said wouldnt you try and get someone in. Bailey and mcqualter would cost peanuts.

We have money in the bank so why not use it. the only plausible reason is they are wanting the funds for PRO as someone said on here and that i can understand.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:38 PM »
yes they are different WP but when leppa left they had time to replace him and with other suitable candidates so why announce they arent replacing him. If they are prepared for choco leaving as some have said wouldnt you try and get someone in.

Who has said "they are prepared for Choco leaving"? Are you talking about this St Rabble debacle because as I said NO club would be prpepared for losing a member of staff when most sides are about to start pre-season training

No doubt the club would be prepared for Choco or any other coach leaving for a senior gig at the end of a season which is the traditionall time for it = Sept/early Oct. Not mid Nov a week out from the draft

They clearly had a plan in the Leppa situation and their view was that they wouldn't replace him. That is how the Club decided to handle it. Now you and others clearly don't agree with that decision though many were extremely quiet about it at the time and it is only now that people are jumping up and down about that decision.

If Choco had of gotten that Bris job instead of Leppa there's no doubt he would have been replaced, the club would have had a target list for it. But at the time Leppa got the Bris job there was no chance of Choco leaving so what did the Club have to plan for exactly?

As for the scenario we've had the last fornight of the Club possibly losing Choco; well I repeat there is absoulutely no way we could have planned for it, no Club could have

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »
Yep, you can't plan for another club's ineptness and incompetency. Port are now publicly ticked off with St Kilda over losing Alan Richardson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-14/saints-under-the-koch

Richmond development coach Mark Williams was also in the running for the role but now looks set to remain at Punt Road.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-14/richardson-to-be-sworn-in

gerkin greg

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

:ROTFL

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2013, 01:44:58 PM »
Apparently St Kilda are having a press conference at 3pm.

tony_montana

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »

:ROTFL
:ROTFL :ROTFL

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
 :dancing

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
LMAO@ Kochie talking tough.....  :rollin

Kochie: "Stop!!!"

StKilda: "Or what??"

Kochie: "Or I'll say STOP again!!"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
Presser now at 5pm.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.