Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 312098 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #885 on: June 16, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
The Bean is threatening

I don't think you'd play bean in the ruck

Too valuable. You don't out the most talented KPP in there.

Similar to Griffiths.

A bit like how Sydney will not play ruck after his knee.

More talking about another forward option. Drop A Edwards and Ty and bring in Bean and god knows which spud to give Maric a chop out.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #886 on: June 16, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
Thank God we only have to put up with this Garbage for approx another 12 weeks or so.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #887 on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »
 :cheers
Great stuff Ty, best game all year by far!!  :clapping  :clapping :clapping
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

tony_montana

« Reply #888 on: June 22, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
yep, had a very good game tonight, threw himself at it, took some big grabs and showed some toe against a quality opponent

dwaino

« Reply #889 on: June 22, 2013, 10:53:42 PM »
Was great to see him chucking himself at some packs. Hopefully it's what we see next week and not same old Vickery.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #890 on: June 23, 2013, 12:30:39 AM »
I thought he was average. Had a terrible first half but did play much better in the second which I expect of him.
He's truly the most frustrating player at Tigerland.
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #891 on: June 23, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »
Should take some of those marks he doesn't and then takes a speccy just to frustrate you even more.
This guy will either develop into a champion and yes the clock is ticking or he will be just a plodder.
No grey area I feel with this guy.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #892 on: June 23, 2013, 06:24:23 AM »
he was pretty good last night. Better than Ivan but no one.bags the Mullet

Well done TV

Gigantor

« Reply #893 on: June 23, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »
Tucker I don't think you will get an answer to your question of whether he will be a champ or a chump for probably another 2 years.I reckon we don't see the best of the big boys until post 25 years of age

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #894 on: June 23, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »
Should take some of those marks he doesn't and then takes a speccy just to frustrate you even more.
This guy will either develop into a champion and yes the clock is ticking or he will be just a plodder.

I've been trying to work out what it is that annoys me about him (I do like him) and I reckon this sums it up well. Looks like his going to break out, then doesn't.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #895 on: June 24, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »

I've been trying to work out what it is that annoys me about him (I do like him) and I reckon this sums it up well. Looks like his going to break out, then doesn't.

Saturday night shows why he is the most frustrating KPP on our list. First half was terrible (again) no intensity, no mongrel, just cruising along and then the 2nd half we got the intensity, the attack on the footy, the 2nd efforts. Why they change? Clearly he got a rocket, shouldn't need to a rocket to get fired up to play the game

Bloody frustrating  :banghead

And BTW Maric was good on Saturday night, his battle with Monson was one of the best duels of the evening
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #896 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
He drops way too many marks that he should nail for me.  He does show a bit of toe for a big unit though and he did put in for this game, just wish he had a safer pair of mits.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #897 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »
He drops way too many marks that he should nail for me.  He does show a bit of toe for a big unit though and he did put in for this game, just wish he had a safer pair of mits.

Agree Owl. Way too many 'nearly' marks. A bit of extra confidence might just make those stick but he needs to play with more desperation from the first bounce.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #898 on: June 24, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
#datmark

JBrown. Nreiwoldt. Wcarey

Yvickery. :shh

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »
Clunked a lot of marks on Sat nite. Don't understand the criticism. Just believe people are frustrated because his current performance isn't matching their lofty expectations. Showed plenty in my eyes on the weekend. Was aggressive around stoppages too which was great to see. Is already one of the first picked for the side every week but is learning to use his size and strength more as he matures.

I understand people frustrations but try and judge him as a young ruckman rather than an established player.