Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313742 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #900 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
nothing wrong with TV... He is developing nicely in will dominate the comp in a few yrs.. The worry are the list cloggers like Foley.. He is a joke

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #901 on: June 24, 2013, 12:13:46 PM »
I understand people frustrations but try and judge him as a young ruckman rather than an established player.

I know I can't speak for everyone but for me it's the fact he looks like his cruising as if he is an established player, not working his guts off like a young ruckman trying to prove himself. Even then I reckon people expect him to crash more packs than he should be, they seem to think he should be crashing every single one where for me he seems to be crashing a couple and that's enough for me. Jack already has to mark over 2 players why should Vickery and his man make it 5.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2013, 12:56:14 PM »
Clunked a lot of marks on Sat nite. Don't understand the criticism. Just believe people are frustrated because his current performance isn't matching their lofty expectations. Showed plenty in my eyes on the weekend. Was aggressive around stoppages too which was great to see. Is already one of the first picked for the side every week but is learning to use his size and strength more as he matures.

I understand people frustrations but try and judge him as a young ruckman rather than an established player.

Yep he certainly "clunked" a couple of marks on Saturday night in the 2nd half but go back to his first half it was terrible. His lack of consistency and intensity is the issue.

I for one question his use of his size and strength, IMO he doesn't use it enough. There was one marking contest in the 2nd qtr when he was in a contest with HBF and he didn't out mark him - for his size he should be "clunking" those

I know he is one of the first picked and that's part of the issue for me, why is he? Other blokes are not/have not been afforded the luxury of inconsistent performances like Ty has. We get 1 week (or in this case half a game) of good Ty and then we get 3-4 weeks of Ty the cruiser. Don't think Ben Griffiths has had that luxury afforded to him, ditto Dea

Personally I do judge him as a developing ruckman/KP forward but he needs to lift his intensity, desire and want to a level that will bring concistency in performance. He needs to give us more than monthly cameos

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:35:53 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #903 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
One problem is who can take the FWD/Ruck position for him. Some will say McBean but has he even rucked at Coburg? Stephenson could perhaps but I wouldn't play an old bloke in front of a developing tall.

dwaino

« Reply #904 on: June 24, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »
Griffiths can't get a go because the bus ride on the way to the game gives him concussion.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #905 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
Reminds me of another Ruck/Forward that was hopeless in his first couple of seasons.

He went onto play 244 games for Richmond.

He is now CEO of the mighty Richmond Football Club.

Give Ty time he will come good.

:cheers

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #906 on: June 24, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
Reminds me of another Ruck/Forward that was hopeless in his first couple of seasons.

He went onto play 244 games for Richmond.

He is now CEO of the mighty Richmond Football Club.

Give Ty time he will come good.

:cheers

Im with WP.
Tyrone is not in his 'first couple of seasons' anymore. The 'still developing' excuse is withering. Showed what he can do in the second half of the dogs game and needs to do it more often.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #907 on: June 24, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »
22/23 200cm

Watts draft

Get off his t@s

gerkin greg

« Reply #908 on: June 24, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
is getting a game ahead of others because he is better than all the others

he can actually play the game

still developing too

Big Vick  :cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #909 on: June 24, 2013, 01:31:37 PM »
Ty is like Brendon Gale in another way as well

Brendon's haircut was as bad as Ty's is now.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #910 on: June 24, 2013, 04:08:13 PM »
Clunked a lot of marks on Sat nite. Don't understand the criticism. Just believe people are frustrated because his current performance isn't matching their lofty expectations. Showed plenty in my eyes on the weekend. Was aggressive around stoppages too which was great to see. Is already one of the first picked for the side every week but is learning to use his size and strength more as he matures.

Yep he certainly "clunked" a couple of marks on Saturday night in the 2nd half but go back to his first half it was terrible. His lack of consistency and intensity is the issue.

I for one question his use of his size and strength, IMO he doesn't use it enough. There was one marking contest in the 2nd qtr when he was in a contest with HBF and he didn't out mark him - for his size he should be "clunking" those

I know he is one of the first picked and that's part of the issue for me, why is he? Other blokes are not/have not been afforded the luxury of inconsistent performances like Ty has. We get 1 week (or in this case half a game) of good Ty and then we get 3-4 weeks of Ty the cruiser. Don't think Ben Griffiths has had that luxury afforded to him, ditto Dea

Personally I do judge him as a developing ruckman/KP forward but he needs to lift his intensity, desire and want to a level that will bring concistency in performance. He needs to give us more than monthly cameos

Agree with gerks, bents and '65 here. The reason he is still inconsistent is because he hasn't fully matured physically yet. Compare his body to Maric's and he is still a baby. Even NickNat drifts in and out of games and he is considered a super ruck. Ty throws his body around than many young talls. Infact the love the mongrel this guy has and in a year or two he will be hurting plenty of opposition players with his attack on the ball.

The think Ty attacks the pack far more when he knows Jack is not in the contest. It reminds me a bit of the 'Schulz & Richo' scenario. Thought he showed some great signs of doing exactly what you want him to do WP in the second half - attack the ball in the air and on the ground. Lets see if he keeps this focus and attitude up next week  :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: June 24, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
Going well for mine. Doing his bit and learning every week. Would be interesting to know when Big Cox really started to dominate games. I know it wasn't when he was 22.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »
Agree with gerks, bents and '65 here. The reason he is still inconsistent is because he hasn't fully matured physically yet. Compare his body to Maric's and he is still a baby. Even NickNat drifts in and out of games and he is considered a super ruck. Ty throws his body around than many young talls. Infact the love the mongrel this guy has and in a year or two he will be hurting plenty of opposition players with his attack on the ball.

I am obviously missing the "mongrel" big time because I don't see it; I really don't.

I rarely see him crashing packs, chasing his opponent, using his size to help his teammates. It was indictment on him in the 2nd qtr on Saturday night when against a 187cm HBF that Ty at 200cm couldn't out mark him. It was one of those "nearly marks" people speak of.

IMV Ty crashing packs is such a rare occurence it is the reason people question his intensity and mongrel

I dont' dispute for a minute he can play the game, he has fantastic skill for his size that's not the concern. It's the intensity, desperation, mongrel, perhaps killer instinct. His body language and attitude at times reminds me of (dare I say it) a version of Jayden Post with superior skill

Thought he showed some great signs of doing exactly what you want him to do WP in the second half - attack the ball in the air and on the ground. Lets see if he keeps this focus and attitude up next week  :thumbsup

Not disputing his 2nd half was very good Stripes, have said that, acknowledged that.

But why did we have to wait until the 2nd half for the switch to be turned on?

It was as clear as day he obviously got a rocket because he was a totally different player in the 2nd half

It is because of what he showed in the 2nd half that he frustrates people, it simply doesn't happen enough. We get a good week (or half) then he goes missing for another 2, 3, 4 weeks

You say "lets see if he keeps this focus and attitude up next week" and that is the issue we shouldn't be looking to see if he repeats it, that effort is what we want, what the teams needs week after week not the odd cameo every few weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »
I dont' dispute for a minute he can play the game, he has fantastic skill for his size that's not the concern. It's the intensity, desperation, mongrel, perhaps killer instinct. His body language and attitude at times reminds me of (dare I say it) a version of Jayden Post with superior skill

Wash your mouth out  :lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:04:59 PM by big tone »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2013, 05:32:22 PM »
WP - we all want to see consistency in his game but he is still developing and learning to use his body. He can use his skill fine - kicking for goal, taking a grab and twisting his opponent inside out but, like many developing bigs, he still doesn't know how to use his growing size. He never played the game as a youngster smashing players with his strength and size - he used his height and skill.

I think he still needs to develop this side of his game and not be tentative when approaching packs, wrestling with an opponent or when engaged in a ruck duel. Most of his ruck opponents still make him look like a stick so he still does need to develop. I think with greater size the attack, intent and confidence will follow.

Dimma stated that the WB game was a breakout game for Ty and I had to agree. I thought he showed exactly what I want to see from him as the game went on. This is the standard we now want and the standard he is right now performing at. Lets forget the past and expect that level to be his norm from now on.

Consistency comes with confidence and that will grow when he feels he can compete in the ruck the same way he can on the lead imo.