Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 263959 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
So he had a reco?

He had a reconstruction and an arthroscope only to suffer further soreness in mid-November.

I thought it was just a knee cap dislocation.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
So he had a reco?

He had a reconstruction and an arthroscope only to suffer further soreness in mid-November.

I thought it was just a knee cap dislocation.

Yeah, but the dislocation can (usually?) cause damage to the whole knee structure.
Can damage all parts of the knee including cartledge, tendons, ligaments, muscle and even bone.
The most vivid demonstration of the effect of the damage that may be caused is the sight of Cresswell bashing his kneecap back into place.
The tendons and ligaments had been stretched to such an extent by dislocation that it was in danger of dislocating more easily and also being more easily pushed back into place.
The problems with Griffith's shoulders are another example where the surgeons have to go in to "tighten" the joint.
Think this "tightening" is what has happened initially with David and then they had to go in again to clean out the crap with another arthroscope.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »
A setback for Dave. Quad soreness so he won't be playing for Coburg ressies today  :(

David Astbury ‏ @dastbury12 twitter:

"Disappointed I'm not back on the park this week due to quad soreness. Medical staff don't think it's worth risking at this stage #gutted"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »
better safe than sorry
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »
needs miles in the legs
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
With miller inability to kick 40m astbury might be in with a show soon.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »
With miller inability to kick 40m astbury might be in with a show soon.

Come on, ffs, at least he is presenting and contesting and he has two. Get off his back.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
He is right. Miller would be a good player if he could kick and take contested marks, but he can't.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
He is right. Miller would be a good player if he could kick and take contested marks, but he can't.

Do you want to give his two goals back Edwards can kick for poo.....

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »

if it were Astbury or Post kicking those shots they'd both have 4 goals. Missing those goals are unacceptable. It's not Brads fault he's a dud. He gives his all but he just can't kick.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »

if it were Astbury or Post kicking those shots they'd both have 4 goals. Missing those goals are unacceptable. It's not Brads fault he's a dud. He gives his all but he just can't kick.

I don't thick he is hitting it right, if he is, play him closer to goal...square....10 out.. :lol

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
David Astbury ‏@dastbury12 twitter:

"Glad to get the first one out of the way! Body felt good and enjoyed getting my hands in the footy again. Thanks for the support #longroad"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2012, 04:19:16 AM »
David Astbury's first steps after knee injury

Jonno Nash
    May 21, 2012

PROMISING Richmond utility David Astbury made an encouraging return from a serious knee injury in VFL affiliate Coburg's development side yesterday.

The 21-year-old spent almost 12 months on the sidelines after dislocating his patella and suffering extensive medial ligament damage in the Tigers' Round 12 clash against Sydney last season.

Astbury, who was bestowed with Tiger great Matthew Richardson's No.12 guernsey last year, had two surgeries to repair the injured joint.

"I guess without being in too many testing situations the knee felt strong and didn't hinder me at any point," said Astbury of his performance in his side's 14-point loss to Williamstown.

"Now it's about building up my game time and form in the VFL seniors and hopefully my AFL return isn't too far away."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/david-astburys-first-steps-after-knee-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226361535723

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:25 AM »
good news

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
AFL: Astbury working his way back from injury
BY MELANIE WHELAN
Ballarat Courier
24 May, 2012

AT A GLANCE

David Astbury, 21

Richmond

Recruited from North Ballarat Rebels/Tatyoon

Games: 22

SLOWLY and steadily, athletic Richmond tall David Astbury has begun to work his way back in the game.

The 21-year-old had his first taste of match-play on Sunday, almost a year after knee surgery to repair damage from a twisted patella.

Astbury made his return in Williamstown where he stepped out in limited game-time for Richmond affiliate Coburg Tigers against Williamstown in the AFL Victoria development league.

Richmond development manager Greg Mellor yesterday wrote, via richmondfc.com.au, it was great to see Astbury in action after such a long absence from the playing field.

"Many of the Richmond players were there to watch their popular teammate play his first game in nearly a year," Mellor said.

"He played through the wing and midfield, during a modified three quarters of game time, just to run around and find the footy."

It is the first step for Astbury, who must still work his way back via the Victorian Football League for Coburg.

But it is a good start.

Astbury took to his personal Twitter account to say he enjoyed the challenge.

"Glad to get the first one out of the way! Body felt good and enjoyed getting my hands in the footy again. Thanks for the support #longroad," Astbury wrote.

A sickening collision with Sydney midfielder Ben McGlynn put Astbury's game on hold.

Astbury was stretchered from the field less than five minutes into the first term of the round 12 clash.

Tigers staff were forced to drive Astbury home to Melbourne amid the nation's aviation crisis with cut flights grounding the playing group in Sydney post-match overnight.

The bulk of the Tigers made their way back in a 10-hour bus ride the next day.

Astbury, from Tatyoon, was drafted to Richmond in the 2009 AFL National Draft from North Ballarat Rebels and impressed for Vic Country in the AFL national under-18 championships the same year.

The versatile tall stamped his mark in an impressive AFL debut in round four, 2010, in which he kicked three goals from seven disposals against Melbourne.

He played in the Tigers' opening four games last season and was moved back to Coburg for some fine-tuning before forcing his way back into the Richmond line-up.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/afl-astbury-working-his-way-back-from-injury/2567534.aspx