Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 263940 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #540 on: February 16, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »
Again, first class entertainment on a Sunday night!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »
Thanks WAT champagne comedy

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #542 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »
Not sure you experts get it, go watch the replay of the game. Those photos are poo, 1 second shots. Yes you always watch the drop onto your boot, but Astbury keeps looking at his boot after the ball has gone..

As per usual chuckhead you have nothing to say that adds value so stuff off.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #543 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:55 AM »
funnier than fred basset

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »
Not sure you experts get it, go watch the replay of the game. Those photos are poo, 1 second shots. Yes you always watch the drop onto your boot, but Astbury keeps looking at his boot after the ball has gone..

He was still looking at his boot because he was in awe that he actually got a possession

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
lmao.
he looked at his boot too long after ball is gone, and that was what caused him to kick the ground before the ball and thus shank his kick.?
 :lol
This just gets better and better.

Keep digging sunshine, keep digging.

would it be fair to say you have taken your eye off the ball, on this one, and been found out big time? (a bit like Ryan McLaren actually)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:20:24 PM by al »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: February 17, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »

He was still looking at his boot because he was in awe that he actually got a possession
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #547 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
This is how you kick you mongs

FFS  ::)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: February 18, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »

You should look at both

WTF MkII.  Seriously?  Kicking A Football 101 - watch the ball onto the boot.

Look at the target, then watch the ball hit your boot. To me it looked like Astbury would glimpse at a target the watch his boot the whole time and not at the ball going to his boot. But WGAF what someone on the internet says

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #549 on: February 18, 2014, 10:34:03 PM »

Seriously? if how the the stuff do you do both?

You pick your target and then watch the ball onto the boot as you kick it. Just like any sport where you strike a ball, with hand, foot, racquet  or stick, you watch the ball untill contact is made

I think you just answered the question you seemed to be stumped on ::). I guess I should've stated "not at the same time" but I thought that would be obvious

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: February 18, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »

You pick your target and then watch the ball onto the boot as you kick it. Just like any sport where you strike a ball, with hand, foot, racquet  or stick, you watch the ball untill contact is made

I think you just answered the question you seemed to be stumped on ::). I guess I should've stated "not at the same time" but I thought that would be obvious

so would i have until someone stated that you should look to where you want to kick it rather than watch the ball, which put away any assumption that people who make out they know what they are talking about in regards to footy, understand the basics of kicking.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »

You should look at both

WTF MkII.  Seriously?  Kicking A Football 101 - watch the ball onto the boot.

Look at the target, then watch the ball hit your boot. To me it looked like Astbury would glimpse at a target the watch his boot the whole time and not at the ball going to his boot. But WGAF what someone on the internet says

No-one GAF but it's an interesting point you make.  Of course you might look at the target but that has nothing to do with the kicking action which is what was being discussed.  It is quite possible and normal to kick 'blindly' - to a voice or on instinct rather than make visual contact but at no point ever in the kicking action should you be looking anywhere except ball onto the boot as you strike.  And I would like to know how you can tell from either a TV screen or live at the ground, whether a player is actually looking at their boot or the ball during the kicking action.  Some interesting theories and observations about the basics of football in this thread.   :huh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2014, 12:01:08 AM »
This is how you kick you mongs

FFS  ::)

Jeepers. None of those 3 can kick with their eyes open. And Matty Dea coaching them how to with them blindfolded?  :whistle

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
You internet nuffers are over thinking it like usual, you just get out there and kick the effn thing.

And if you don't hit the target then you do push ups or run around the oval with a tyre strapped to your fat guts

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »

so would i have until someone stated that you should look to where you want to kick it rather than watch the ball, which put away any assumption that people who make out they know what they are talking about in regards to footy, understand the basics of kicking.

Just because some nuffer said that doesn't mean everyone thinks that. My original and only point was he seems to stare at his foot for an abnormal amount of time