Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 263962 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #645 on: May 05, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
would say he is the best thing to happen to our club this year.

Imagine how much other talent is hidden in the VFL team if only they get a chance.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #646 on: May 05, 2014, 09:26:01 AM »

Imagine how much other talen is hidden in the VFL team if only they get a chance.

Absolutely. Play them FFS.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #647 on: May 05, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
Leading the JD medal ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #648 on: May 05, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »

Imagine how much other talent is hidden in the VFL team if only they get a chance.
Exactly

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #649 on: May 05, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »

Miles, Lennon, MacBean, Elton........

FJ is getting a raw deal from the match selection committee.  In the past they were left to stagnate at Coburg where they got zero development and we would vent our frustrations at him saying he's unable to pick anyone from 2nd to 5th rounds in the ND.  I reckon he could have picked Royce Hart in the past and we would have called him dud delist!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #650 on: May 05, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »
Going well. Can still get better.
Needs to take them on as well as being a close checking type.

^ Totally agree with this

Shown massive improvement but is one of the main offenders of not moving the ball quickly out of the back half.

I actually believe he can do it, which is refreshing.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #651 on: May 05, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Just shows what experience at the top level does. VFL is chump.

Don't waste our kids in the VFL and have recycled failures stealing cash from our TPP.

Get Petterd, Thomas, A.Edwards, Stephenson, Chaplin and co off our list and play the kids that we have drafted who are untried. Dea was a pretty average footballer until he played a dozen games in the seniors and started to look OK. Astbury was an very ordinary defender, as was Rance when they started. Rance has blossomed into a defender who if some things go his way and he improves a bit more will come into All Australian selection. Astbury another year under the belt and he will comfortably become our 2nd best defender and a lock in selection.

Stop stuffing up our rebuild by playing failed duds from other clubs. Play our kids and give them a chance.

#griffithsgate
#arnotgate
#etc.
Go Tigers!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
stuffn oath.

VFL just sucks their will to live
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #653 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
Yep, I have to say after the past few weeks he has really improved, let's hope he keeps t up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #654 on: May 05, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »
I think he has made Chaplin's position almost redundant. Been excellent.
disagree astbury has a role to do that has nothing to do with chaplin.

You miss the point. Astbury is now doing the role on the gorillas Rance was last year which moves Rance into a role more suited to that of what Chaplin has been doing. Might be near time to give young McIntosh a chance in that third tall role..
mate i dont miss anything.
rance has never ever done a good job on the big key forwards.  he was basically loose man in defence on sunday third tall is his go he is very ordinary in 1v 1 situations imo.
mcintosh is a tall running player think andrew mackie when you think of a like for like. so basically a flanker with the added bonus of height and accountability if needed.  hes quick enough with a great motor and good disposal skills.
is grant birchall a third tall or a tall hbf.  will schofield at the eagles is a tall running player yep in recent times hes been asked to play third tall and kpp at times. thats mcintosh.

letys just say  ben rutten is on our list for the purpose of showing what i think would be  the ideal set up in defense.

morris - rutten - rance
vlastuin - astbury - mcintosh if he makes the grade,

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #655 on: May 05, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
yeah, maybe he aint the best one on one, but he's ok.

but he is willing to take risks and take the game on. he gives us drive from defence, something we have sorely missed while he was out.

you can highlight his deficiencies ( which all players have) all you want, but we are a much better side with him in.

bottom line!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #656 on: May 05, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
Lids and rance come in we improve..lids and rance out and we play like martha and the muffins

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #657 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

You miss the point. Astbury is now doing the role on the gorillas Rance was last year which moves Rance into a role more suited to that of what Chaplin has been doing. Might be near time to give young McIntosh a chance in that third tall role..
rance has never ever done a good job on the big key forwards.  he was basically loose man in defence on sunday third tall is his go he is very ordinary in 1v 1 situations imo.
mcintosh is a tall running player think andrew mackie when you think of a like for like. so basically a flanker with the added bonus of height and accountability if needed.  hes quick enough with a great motor and good disposal skills.
is grant birchall a third tall or a tall hbf.  will schofield at the eagles is a tall running player yep in recent times hes been asked to play third tall and kpp at times. thats mcintosh.

letys just say  ben rutten is on our list for the purpose of showing what i think would be  the ideal set up in defense.

morris - rutten - rance
I know it's just an example but no team in history could have Rutten and Astbury in the same side. Both give absolutely nothing when it comes to rebound. And Out of those two Rutten  gives more.
Mate, you are flat out wrong about Rance too, and you have been since day one. You are just not man enough to admit it.
I don't give two hoots if you say he is a good loose man or third back, the facts are he is one of the best backman  going round. Pull your head out of your arse and stop trying to justify, you were wrong about him. Everyone has an opinion and everyone gets one wrong occasionally but most can say happily,  I was wrong. You refuse too which makes me want to fly to Perth and knock you out.  :thumbsup We are lucky to have this kid, he is a bloody star.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #658 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

morris - rutten - rance

Never beaten big forward?

John brown
Franklin
N riewokdt
Cameron

Pls

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #659 on: May 05, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »

morris - rutten - rance

Never beaten big forward?

John brown
Franklin
N riewokdt
Cameron

Pls
I can book a flight for two if you want to come to Perth and knock him out after I have  :cheers