Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577764 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1005 on: September 18, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
Disgraceful if this is at all true.

Club embarrassed themselves with Hampson trade deal. Can't do it again with the scum
Go Tigers!

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1006 on: September 18, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »

CHRIS Yarran is set to depart Carlton in next month's trade period after informing the club on Friday that he wants to make a fresh start at a new AFL home.

Friday's news came as no surprise as Yarran had been widely expected to depart the Blues as the club looks to rebuild its poor list, with the speedster almost certain to join Richmond.

Key defender heads Bolton's first cull at Carlton

AFL.com.au understands Yarran and the Blues have come to a mutual understanding that he will leave, but the club has yet to decide what its asking price will be at the trade table.

Yarran is contracted for 2016 but was set to become a restricted free agent at the end of next season, so Carlton is no doubt mindful it could net a better return by trading him now.

Speaking on Melbourne radio station SEN, new Blues coach Brendon Bolton said he was optimistic Yarran could return a first-round selection.

"With Chris, he is a contracted player and an A-grade player when up and about," Bolton said.

"We love the footy he plays when he's running off half-back, but if he doesn't want to play, we will have to have a discussion about what the return is.

“You'd hope so (he’d warrant a first-round pick)."

It is believed Richmond is not prepared to trade its first-round draft pick, currently No.12, for Yarran, so its negotiations with Carlton could drag on.

The West Australian re-signed with the Blues for two seasons in 2014, when he enjoyed a career-best season, finishing fourth in the club best and fairest award.

However, Yarran played just 14 largely indifferent games this year and was suspended for an ill-disciplined strike on Essendon's Paul Chapman in round three.

But, at 24, Yarran is understandably an enticing prospect for Richmond. At his best, the No.6 pick in the 2008 national draft is a line-breaking runner who can play across half-back or as a dangerous small forward.

Yarran played 119 games for Carlton and kicked 90 goals.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-18/yarran-out-at-blues-set-for-tigers

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1007 on: September 18, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »
Astbury -> Brisbane

:facepalm
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1008 on: September 18, 2015, 07:37:41 PM »
Astbury needs to stay.
pee chaplin off and let astbury take his spot...
Surely if we can see things, other people up above can too.

No More

« Reply #1009 on: September 18, 2015, 07:37:53 PM »
Astbury -> Brisbane

Not a big deal I wouldn't have thought

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1010 on: September 18, 2015, 07:39:12 PM »
Astbury -> Brisbane

yep we can just keep trotting out Chaplin and his wheelchair till they are comatose
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1011 on: September 18, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
Astbury needs to stay.
pee chaplin off and let astbury take his spot...
Surely if we can see things, other people up above can too.

its like a giant urine extraction

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: September 18, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
I am behind getting Yarran now as I said last night but NOT at the cost of Lennon. The up side to Lennon has been demonstrated this year and the future holds big things for him at our club. To trade Lennon would reek of desperation by the RFC and the notion that we are on the brink of winning a GF. Which I don't believe we are at the moment.

I would accept trading a second round pick, with Batchelor, who by the way Yarran could replace immediately and he plays a lot taller... :snidegrin :snidegrin

Or trade a second rounder with Griff, Conca or as a very last resort Astbury, although I also think there is a very big upside to Astbury.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1013 on: September 18, 2015, 07:49:03 PM »
To trade Lennon would reek of desperation by the RFC

to lose a 2nd year, 1st rounder

would reek of a lot more than that

No More

« Reply #1014 on: September 18, 2015, 07:50:01 PM »
Astbury -> Brisbane

yep we can just keep trotting out Chaplin and his wheelchair till they are comatose

personally if it was up to me ... Id pay Chaplin out and send him on his way as well.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1015 on: September 18, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »
of course carlton is going to come out and say that yarran is a A-grade player and would like a 1st round pick in return....to pump up his value
they are hardly going to say he is a fringe player that is worthy of only a 3rd round pick.....

No More

« Reply #1016 on: September 18, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »
If our club coughs up anything more than a 2nd rounder for Yarran then our club is run by a group of delinquent knobs.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1017 on: September 18, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »
If our club coughs up anything more than a 2nd rounder for Yarran then our club is run by a group of delinquent knobs.
So far we've said we won't be giving up a first rounder for him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: September 18, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »
IF, and i reiterate IF lennon wants to be traded, and IF he decides he wants to go to carlton, then he will be part of any deal involving yarran, our hand will be tied

Otherwise he could possibly just walk to them in PSD
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1019 on: September 18, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »
I am behind getting Yarran now as I said last night but NOT at the cost of Lennon. The up side to Lennon has been demonstrated this year and the future holds big things for him at our club. To trade Lennon would reek of desperation by the RFC and the notion that we are on the brink of winning a GF. Which I don't believe we are at the moment.

I would accept trading a second round pick, with Batchelor, who by the way Yarran could replace immediately and he plays a lot taller... :snidegrin :snidegrin

Or trade a second rounder with Griff, Conca or as a very last resort Astbury, although I also think there is a very big upside to Astbury.

Brendan Bolton has said tonight on SEN radio that he would expect a 1st rounder as trade for Yarran

Personally I say they can go stuff themselves, you got the goods in the Hampson deal.
Lightning no strike twice moose  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S