Author Topic: We are the better side  (Read 2707 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: We are the better side
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
eff the score board, we are the better team  and deserved the win

sure we lost , but we were the winners so to speak

we played a team that has 8 yrs in the making and development

we are going places....upward places

Agree

Look I am disppointed we lost but to again see that they didn't drop their heads and get pummelled means we are getting better.

So the Saints had the cry baby go down with an injury - big deal, he had up until that point very little impact on the game. He was getting cheap possession outside their F50 so he wasnt hurting us. BTW is it just me or do others think he is a protected species with the whistle blowers ::)

Losing McGuire was a nuffin because he was getting beaten anyway..

You must of been at a different game to me and Daniel 161 ::)

I think you mean Smokey, Jack if your going to take a swipe have the courtesy to swipe at the right poster  ::)

We are playing bad footy, we are trying and giving our all but the mistakes that were made last night were inforgivable.( we should of won by 5 goals)

We are playing bad footy?

Does that mean M. Voss & L. Darcy are nuff nuffs and haven't got a clue  ??? Because they both reckon we are playing very good footy but they did say that it's the turnovers that are costing us but we have improved.

But heck what would Vossy know - he only played in 3 preimerships right and as for Darcy it was a couple of finals  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »
eff the score board, we are the better team  and deserved the win

sure we lost , but we were the winners so to speak

we played a team that has 8 yrs in the making and development

we are going places....upward places

So the Saints had the cry baby go down with an injury - big deal, he had up until that point very little impact on the game. He was getting cheap possession outside their F50 so he wasnt hurting us. BTW is it just me or do others think he is a protected species with the whistle blowers ::)

Its not just you WP :banghead

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »
I don't think we're playing great to be truthful but the players seem committed and they're throwing everything they have into it.  That much is clear and I'm pretty satsfied with that for the moment.  There's nothing worse than watching insipid performances by lazy prima donnas like we had a few weeks back.  

Gotta love Deledio's attempted mark running with the flight of the ball.... CRUNCH!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
Gotta love Deledio's attempted mark running with the flight of the ball.... CRUNCH!

FOr me I am hoping that is a defining moment for Brett Deledio. That was great
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »
hope it knocked some sence into him, he needed it.
maybe he will start playing good football

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »
I cant see what Deledio is doing wrong.  ???

He's getting plenty of it, running more and more each week, putting his body on the line and using the ball well.

I'm very pleased with his form.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 11:55:17 PM »
he dont do the hard stuff & dont chase & tackle.

Ox

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »

exactly.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:54 AM »
One example stood out to me and should be discussed when we talk about single incidents that cost games.  In the last quarter just before his courageous marking attempt he had run the ball out of the backline down the wing, kicked, and the ball ended up being contested on our forward flank.  His opponent, who had chased him all the way down the wing, turned around and ran back towards their forward line while Lids stood there watching the ball contest.  They got the clearance, Lid's opponent was 20mts clear, received the ball, passed into the 50 and goal.  It's this accountability that is his main shortcoming at the moment and I hope he learns to deal with it because if not he could well become the next Travis Johnstone.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
One example stood out to me and should be discussed when we talk about single incidents that cost games.  In the last quarter just before his courageous marking attempt he had run the ball out of the backline down the wing, kicked, and the ball ended up being contested on our forward flank.  His opponent, who had chased him all the way down the wing, turned around and ran back towards their forward line while Lids stood there watching the ball contest.  They got the clearance, Lid's opponent was 20mts clear, received the ball, passed into the 50 and goal.  It's this accountability that is his main shortcoming at the moment and I hope he learns to deal with it because if not he could well become the next Travis Johnstone.

dont scare me!!!
travis johnstone and lids in the same sentence that would be bad...
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
Deledio is no-where near the player Travis Johnstone is  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 11:08:41 AM »
TJ is a 10 year player and lids is only into his 4th.

TJ has no upside left so you cannot compare.

i hope what i saw saturday night when he backed into a stkilda player, might be the catalyst to get things moving for him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
Deledio & Tambling need approx another 30 games to become what we want them to be
They should be by the start of season 2010 a damaging midfield player like Adam Cooney is now at the Bulldogs
these players will be at their prime & controlling the games no excuses unless cut short by injury
nobody can compare Roughhead & Franklin to our midfielders because the 2 Hawthorn players are receivers & get it easy while our 2 midfielders are the ones who do the hard work,  which means they have more players around their zone to battle with & stop them getting the ball out to leading receiving forwards  ;D  :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:41 PM »

I noticed that exact passage of play you mentioned and almost popped a vein yelling at Lids from the stands afterwards. I'm a big fan of Lids offensively but his defensive work is below par. Sure he makes tackles from time to time but he plays off his opponent too much leaving him vulnerable to counter attacks. Lids looked spent as the game progressed and all that bulk he built up to play in the forwardline this year is slowing him down. I'm hoping as the year progresses he will loss some of it to increase his spead and endurance.

Hop last week was an anomoly rather than a pattern...

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »

I noticed that exact passage of play you mentioned and almost popped a vein yelling at Lids from the stands afterwards. I'm a big fan of Lids offensively but his defensive work is below par. Sure he makes tackles from time to time but he plays off his opponent too much leaving him vulnerable to counter attacks. Lids looked spent as the game progressed and all that bulk he built up to play in the forwardline this year is slowing him down. I'm hoping as the year progresses he will loss some of it to increase his spead and endurance.

Hop last week was an anomoly rather than a pattern...

Stripes
I remember that incident too. Lids was standing there on the wing half asleep after he had got rid of the footy. He didn't wake up to what was happening until the ball was in his direct opponent's hands 20m behind him. It was a lack of concentration which could be related to fatigue as he wasn't able to gain too many yards once he work up and turned and chased. That moment and spilling the ball out of bounds after doing all the hard work running at full pace on the wing were the two obvious mistakes Lids made on Saturday night.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd