Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 199146 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »
Are there smaller Melbourne clubs than Geelong???

If there are iv never heard them complain about playing games at the G.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2019, 08:12:58 PM »
Geelong's executive team declined the opportunity to publicly state their disappointment at the decision, but coach Chris Scott reacted to the AFL's call later on Wednesday.

"They were definitive about maximising attendances for finals which is absolutely (the AFL's) right," he said.

"If they've made their call we've got no choice but to acquiesce.

"I don't think it augurs well for the Gold Coast or GWS or some of the smaller Melbourne clubs into the future.

"But it's their prerogative to decide what they prioritise.

"Whether I agree with it or whether football people in general agree with it, it's probably beside the point."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-14/weve-got-no-choice-but-to-acquiesce-cats-denied-home-final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2019, 10:17:09 PM »
Kane Cornes on Footy Classified sooking about us  :nopity.

Especially, carried on about our run home at the 'G as being "the biggest free kick" and trying to use it as the excuse for us beating West Coast who have had to travel a fair bit in recent weeks.

When Caro said she sensed a fair bit of anti-Richmond in his comments tonight, Cornes replied he had to counter her pro-Richmond bias  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2019, 10:53:10 PM »
'The system is wrong': Scott slams AFL over MCG grand final

Daniel Cherny,
Nell O'Shea
24 Aug 2019

Geelong coach Chris Scott has again attacked the AFL over the league's finals fixturing arrangement, declaring "the system is wrong".

The Cats booked a top-two spot with a 68-point win over Carlton at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday, however Geelong's home qualifying final will be played at the MCG despite the club's push to bring finals football to Geelong.

Asked about the issue, Scott broadened his complaint, pointing to the fact that the grand final is played at the MCG.

"I'm going to take it away from the Geelong thing, because anyone who's not a Geelong supporter just considers it whingeing," Scott said.

"The one thing I will say is that most normal people know the system is wrong. There can be no doubting that it's wrong. But it is what it is. West Coast and Brisbane, GWS for that matter, maybe the Crows and Port, have to come and win a grand final, probably at their opposition's home ground as well. The system's bizarre. So you need to be that little bit better. Which West Coast were last year.

"Are we confident we're that? We're hopeful. We've had a good preparation. We've given ourselves every chance. Now whether we can go and beat teams that play 15 games at the MCG every year, including probably 10 or 12 in a row, is yet to be seen. But we're up for the challenge."

The 'G will continue to host the grand final until 2057 under a deal signed last year.

The Cats will finish first if Richmond beat Brisbane on Sunday, and will fall to second if the Lions beat the Tigers.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-system-is-wrong-scott-slams-afl-over-mcg-grand-final-20190824-p52kfe.html

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2019, 11:06:49 PM »
A lot will have to go right for you to win a flag, ya flog
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2019, 06:22:08 AM »
But he’s talking about Richmond not the G
We are so in their heads

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2019, 10:58:06 AM »
Even my Geelong mate thinks he should shut the “truck” up.

What a complete wanker.

I’m really hoping they go out in straight sets as they are fast becoming my most disliked club.
Still a fair way off Essendon though.....

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
Chris Scott and Geelong are out of control. There continual whinging is a blight on the game and he is bringing the game into disrepute with his whining bitching and complaining. The AFL needs to haul the l Ioser into line.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2019, 11:51:22 AM »
You would have thought they always played finals at KP.....

Hey Chris, in the history of the VFL/AFL you have only played at KP once against Freo (2013) because the MCG was not available. Even in 2012 you played your home final against Freo at the MCG. So why didn't Geelong complain about playing at the MCG in the 60's and 70's?

The wording is you get a home state final, not a home ground final.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
You would have thought they always played finals at KP.....

Hey Chris, in the history of the VFL/AFL you have only played at KP once against Freo (2013) because the MCG was not available. Even in 2012 you played your home final against Freo at the MCG. So why didn't Geelong complain about playing at the MCG in the 60's and 70's?

The wording is you get a home state final, not a home ground final.

Said this before. Only time they had a final at KP they lost  :rollin

Also just had a "discussion" with Cats member who said they they've fighting for decades to get home finals at KP.

This is simply not true. Only banging on about it since the ground upgraded....but let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good whinge
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2019, 12:27:09 PM »
Six of their first seven flags were won after finishing on the top of the ladder and playing all their finals at the 'G. Their 6th and 8th flags were all played at the 'G when they finished second. I must have missed where Reg Hickey, Bobby Davis and Bomber Thompson all complained about home finals being played at the 'G!  ::)

In Chris Scott's first year as coach they finished above Hawthorn and yet had to play their home QF at the 'G. They also went on to win their 9th and last flag. I don't remember him sooking back then like this despite Hawthorn having the M.C.G. as their home ground  ::).

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/geelong/allgames_vn.html#5

This whinging has only started since September 2017 :nopity.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2019, 10:32:34 PM »
Now we've got SA pollies still sooking about the GF being at the 'G even though neither of their state's clubs even made the finals :wallywink.

AFL grand final should be shared, MP says

Daniel Wills
State Political Editor, The Advertiser
September 25, 2019

A LIBERAL MP who played AFL football for Collingwood has joined the call for the MCG to be stripped of automatic grand final hosting rights to make the competition truly national.

Former Holdfast Bay mayor Stephen Patterson, who was elected to State Parliament last year in the bayside seat of Morphett, says Adelaide Oval has proven itself an exceptional venue for SANFL and AFLW grand finals and deserves the chance to host Aussie Rules’ grand final.

In a speech to Parliament on Tuesday, the former Norwood man paid tribute to Glenelg’s drought-breaking SANFL premiership win at the weekend.

It also comes ahead of this weekend’s AFL showdown between the Richmond Tigers and Western Sydney Giants.

“Congratulations to SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson and his team for putting on a fantastic grand final, coming in the same season as the AFLW grand final which saw a full house at Adelaide Oval,” Mr Patterson said.

“It is therefore disappointing to South Australians that the AFL has locked in the AFL grand final at the MCG until 2057 instead of being visionary and rotating the grand final across the nation.

“The 1990s saw the dismantling of the entitlement of the MCG to host a final each week and this last vestige of the VFL should go the same way.”

The AFL last year confirmed the MCG would be the permanent home of the grand final for the next four decades under a “$500 million mega-deal” involving the Victorian Government.

SA football legend Graham Cornes wrote in The Advertiser at the time that: “The AFL, which has taken so much from the American sports models, has succumbed to local political pressures and incentives (some would say bribery) to keep its marquee event at the MCG”.

“It seems almost every decision of the AFL is designed to benefit those incompetent, Victorian football clubs which long ago, without interstate money, AFL or Victorian government handouts, would have been bankrupted,” he wrote.

“The MCG? Victorian propaganda claims it is the best stadium in the world. It’s not.

“It is a concrete cauldron that has little of the aesthetic or cultural appeal of the Adelaide Oval or, despite its man-eating LED signs, the new stadium in Perth.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/sa-liberal-mp-stephen-patterson-calls-for-mcg-to-lose-automatic-grand-final-rights-be-shared-with-adelaide/news-story/6931b5d8db6f23db50707a32d146cfde

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »
A fair bit of sooking on opposition club forums and on SEN late last night.

The best one was the Geelong caller who went on and on about them having to play the "harder" finals fixture compared to Richmond :huh3.

He whinged that because we got to play Brisbane who hadn't played finals in a decade (conveniently left out that it was at the 'Gabba) that we had it easier than the Cats did. He wanted the finals fixture rigged so Geelong got the 'easier' final.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »
I was reading the geelong page on big footy.

" what history won't show was we were in front of these guys by 21 points at half time - without our full forward "

So so salty.
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2019, 12:52:09 PM »
I was reading the geelong page on big footy.

" what history won't show was we were in front of these guys by 21 points at half time - without our full forward "

So so salty.

There right, all that in their favour and they still lost  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)