Author Topic: Who are the next 10 to get the arse?  (Read 7398 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Who are the next 10 to get the behind?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »

Too early to call on a few.

McMahon
Simmonds
Gone

Polak, Hislop, Thompson, King all need miracles but may get chances.

Tuck, Cousins I think will scrap in but age may hurt them. Hope they can keep a spot a warrant it with experience.

White has probably done enough to stay another year, ahead of the 6 above that would be delisted before him.
'
Graham will stay 100%

I agree with this Pope.

McMahon and Simmonds are 100% gone.

The one I think that also will be gone is Morton, we'll trade him and a top side will grab him. You can expect 40-50 goals from him, but don't expect any defensive work.

I thought this to be the case too.

I think most players are tradeable for the right trade. Morton is certainly one.

Morton is in our best 22 and we'd want something equivalent for him.
Go Tigers!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
Simmonds retired
Thomson and Hislop delisted
King, White, Rance and Polak in danger of being delisted.
Hope they keep Tuck and Cousins.
Jury still out on Farmer

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »
Simmonds retired
Thomson and Hislop delisted
King, White, Rance and Polak in danger of being delisted.
Hope they keep Tuck and Cousins.
Jury still out on Farmer
Farmer is contracted for next year so that decision is pretty easy
Seems to be one of Dimma's favourites

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
Here's the contract list to the best of our knowledge....

Contracts List:

Coming out of contract: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery*, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Martin, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Deledio, Foley, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

Rookies: 
David Gourdis (2nd year rookie)
Alroy Gilligan (2nd year rookie)
Jamie O'Reilly (international rookie - signed until end of 2011)
Robert Hicks (1st year rookie)
Pat Contin (1st year rookie)
Relton Roberts (1st year rookie)
Nick Westhoff (1st year rookie)
Graham Polak (mature age rookie)

* The paper said the other day that Vickery had re-signed or was close to but not sure for how many years?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
On current output looks like Gus has saved himself.

Simmo - retired
Jordie - papers stamped delisted
I still think this will be Cuz's final year but he'll go out on his terms as a retiree.
King - gawn
Hislop - gawn
Thomson - gawn
Polly and Goo delisted from our rookie list. Interesting to see how many rookie selections will have this year remembering GWS and GC17 get the first 8 rookie picks. We may only go for 2-3 rookies with most of our other rookies still young.
White - possibly gawn. I heard a months ago he himself thought he would be. Trying his best to save himself the last two weeks.
Connors - on last chance as we know
Polo - shakey. It wouldn't surprise if he got cut or traded.
Tuck - I think will stay in his current role as cannon fodder to help take the grunt workload off our star cubs.
Add a trade to pick up another decent pick inside top 50 as we did last year.

10 changes would be around the mark. That would give us 6-7 National draft picks, 1 PSD, 2-3 new rookies
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »
MT you think Gourdis is gawnski?  Everyone was banging on about how good he went in the preseason and that he should get promoted.
I think poor ol Polly is done, looks lost at sea at times, struggles to hold a chest mark atm, he just doesn't look like he is a 100% still and I don't think he ever will be.
Simmo retired
Jordie looks close unless he has really extracted the digit, may shock some but he does have some skills and pace that may hold him in more stead to the MC and Rockcock Hardwick than some of the forum might.
agree Slops/Kingy/Thomo may of been stop gaps.  Really had some hopes for Thomo, saw him do some rugged work but he hasn't come through.  He also has a surprising long raking kick...considering how much handballing he does.  Dunno if it was that weird pectoral muscle tear injury or what ...but something messed him up I think.  I also Liked Hislops hard at it endeavor, but he just lacked that polish in ball delivery or going for goal etc.
White, can't agree, he looks determined and is delivering atm, gotta keep him, he carves them up when he is on, and he makes it look soooo goood.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
1- McMahon (delist)
2- Hislop (delist)
3- Thomson (delist)
4- King (delist)
5- White (delist)
6- Polak (delist)
7- Graham (delist)
8- Tuck (delist)
9- Simmonds (retired)
10- Cousins (retired)

agree with this. you could easily add 7.those 7 are likely the ones to be offered up for trade, i reckon 10 will be abouit it for this yr.

i think depending on what they trade for graham will be kept, hes now doing simmonds job short term as it is.
cousins may be allowed to go around again and tuck based on performance may get a reprieve. all are neither here nor there if they dont go this yr it will be the following.some one else will go this yr take your pick theres plenty to cho ose from and they will be gone soon enough.

it could be 10 this yr followed by 8 or 10 the yr after.

players i would be looking to trade mcguane edwards morton jackson rance tambling polo. all may or may not have some value.

i think hardwick has done most things right its easy to see where hes coming from. but imo yr 1  is the easy bit. we are coming off a spoon i think most thinking people would have cut deep  and achieved some sort of improvement

at seasons end we will see if hardwick can take hard decisions and do whats needed or we will see if he will be like wallace.
we can all remember 04 surely. a wooden spoon a decent clean out and then silly buggers and no tough decisions made by anyone.

if we operate anything like hawthorn when hardwick was there, and hes using pelchens system of grading  as a  model there will be little doubt another 8 to 12 will go.

Graham oldest ruckman on the list

tackles and hit outs last week

safe as houses to be keep next season, IMO

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »
how old is Rance?

19? 20?

still some what young for KPP