Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 87456 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »
Boy is this kid something special! Size, agility, versatility, foot skills and a football brain.

Recent testing:-

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-02/cockatoo-flies-in-sprints

GET ON BOARD LADS! LETS GET COCKAAAAAA!!!!!!!  :veryhappy

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-medium-forwards-20141002-10pa6w.html#ixzz3Fc8gFkKg

Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder)

Born 23.10.1996, 185cm, 86kg

AFL biography: Powerfully built medium forward/midfielder with elite step through traffic. His initial speed out of the contest creates separation on his opponents. Uses the ball with precision on either side of the body and can impact the scoreboard when he pushes forward.  Suffered stress fracture in foot causing him to miss the NAB AFL under-18 championships after impressing in 2013.

Wally Gallio, AFLNT: "He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."

Hey, I've been pumping this kid on the who should we draft at pick 12 thread!!!!

You stole my idea! >:(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »
if laverde is not there id be looking hard at the talls available rather than just locking in a mid.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »
Would take Garlett or Langford over all those three.
Gartlett at 12?  He is a small outsider.

Why would you take a small outsider over a powerful player like Cockatoo?  The Cocky even looks like Pavlich.....

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »

Why would you take a small outsider over a powerful player like Cockatoo?  The Cocky even looks like Pavlich.....

Have you actually seen Cockatoo play or are you just creaming yourself over a few pictures, some measurements, how fast he ran on a wooden gym floor and around witches hats at draft camp and a biased, hyperbolic write-up from AFLNT?

Garlett at this stage is IMO a better player who stood up well in competitive Division One matches.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

Have you actually seen Cockatoo play or are you just creaming yourself over a few pictures, some measurements, how fast he ran on a wooden gym floor and around witches hats at draft camp and a biased, hyperbolic write-up from AFLNT?

Garlett at this stage is IMO a better player who stood up well in competitive Division One matches.
I saw him play in the curtain raiser at the GF and he looked outstanding. 
Have you seen him play at all??????????

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
Boy is this kid something special! Size, agility, versatility, foot skills and a football brain.

Recent testing:-

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-02/cockatoo-flies-in-sprints

GET ON BOARD LADS! LETS GET COCKAAAAAA!!!!!!!  :veryhappy

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-medium-forwards-20141002-10pa6w.html#ixzz3Fc8gFkKg

Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder)

Born 23.10.1996, 185cm, 86kg

AFL biography: Powerfully built medium forward/midfielder with elite step through traffic. His initial speed out of the contest creates separation on his opponents. Uses the ball with precision on either side of the body and can impact the scoreboard when he pushes forward.  Suffered stress fracture in foot causing him to miss the NAB AFL under-18 championships after impressing in 2013.

Wally Gallio, AFLNT: "He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."

Hey, I've been pumping this kid on the who should we draft at pick 12 thread!!!!

You stole my idea! >:(

Great minds think alike my friend.

Consider it a collaborative approach  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2014, 07:03:26 PM »

Good enough for me. Dio pull your head in
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »

Yes I've seen quite a bit of footage of him and also saw that curtain raiser where he was impressive but which also was nothing more than an exhibition match.  Yes he could be anything but right now he's a late second/early third rounder at best IMO. He lacks composure and is a poor decision maker who just blazes away with a lot of his kicks ....last thing we need is to blow our first pick on more of that shyte. I already explained most of this when I answered your initial question at the top of page 7 in this thread.

Dooks - I stand by my comments, so pull your head out.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »

Yes I've seen quite a bit of footage of him and also saw that curtain raiser where he was impressive but which also was nothing more than an exhibition match.  Yes he could be anything but right now he's a late second/early third rounder at best IMO. He lacks composure and is a poor decision maker who just blazes away with a lot of his kicks ....last thing we need is to blow our first pick on more of that shyte. I already explained most of this when I answered your initial question at the top of page 7 in this thread.

Dooks - I stand by comments, so pull your head out.

Incorrect.  But we forgive you.

You'll realise how wrong you are with hindsight.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2014, 07:28:16 PM »

Dooks - I stand by comments, so pull your head out.

Incorrect.  But we forgive you.

You'll realise how wrong you are with hindsight.

If we do take him, I sincerely hope I am.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
lets not go nuts poppin our heads in and out just yet imo
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2014, 10:28:24 PM »
Wheres Bo? bet he would be keen on a Cockatoo, in a dark alley with steel traps for hands at night or something

haha
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
This guy will be the "Fyfe" of the draft.

Get on him! :gotigers

Rampstar

« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2014, 12:06:40 AM »
I want us to draft him so we can call him knackers and if hes a dud we can go to town with his name

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2014, 07:57:32 AM »
Look why are we even bothering with this thread, the RFC will pick a player on none of our radars again like they have done for years now. We don't want the best talent, stuff knows who we want but its not the best!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"