Author Topic: Nathan Brown off to the chapel and getting married  (Read 3534 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Brown off to the chapel and getting married
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:22:50 AM »
Nathan Brown sought dad's blessing
Confidential reporters
Herald Sun
October 22, 2010

FORMER AFL player Nathan Brown is heading down the aisle after popping the question to his "knocked up" girlfriend in Bali.

With their first child due on December 8, Brown got down on bended knee and proposed to Kristine Fabiyanic.

"I rang the old man (Kristine's father) first to get the permission," Brown told Triple M's Rush Hour.

"He's a church minister ... and considering I got her knocked up about six months ago, I wasn't really asking for his permission. I was more asking for his blessing."

Brown put plenty of thought into the proposal.

"I got a private cabana on the beach and had these little Balinese guys set up a five-course dinner and after they disappeared, I got down on one knee," he said.

"I said, 'Look, Kristine, you've made me the happiest man in the world at the moment, looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?' There was a few tears."

Love is not cheap, Brown has discovered. "I didn't know how much I needed to spend (on the ring) so I got a bit of an idea off a few people ... three months' wages, they say," he said.

"Lucky I'm not an AFL footy player any more, because my last year at Richmond they were paying me a small country so now I'm on bugger-all, so it didn't really cost that much."

Nathan Brown has proposed to girlfriend Kristine Fabiyanic. Picture: Joe Sabljak Source: Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/nathan-brown-sought-dads-blessing/story-e6frf96o-1225941992463

Re: Nathan Brown off to the chapel and getting married
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »

Good looking young lady, Well done Nathan.

I only have one question.

How many games did he play for us? (more than 100 I hope?)

:thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 07:40:20 AM »

he was at tigerland for 6 seasons (I think), so probably not given his injuries.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:10 AM »

82.  But if it's any consolation '65, Pettifer played 113 and Tambling played 102 so we have their offspring stitched up!

:-\

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:12:20 AM »
real shame we couldn't get a 100 out of Browny, a genuine freaky talent and he genuinely loves tigerland from what I can gather.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Brown ties the knot
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:08:54 AM »
A grand weekend for a wedding as Nathan Brown ties the knot

by: Confidential reporters
    October 03, 2011

IT was a big Grand Final weekend for former Richmond pin-up Nathan Brown, who married his long-time partner Kristine Fabiyanic at Circa in St Kilda last night.

Before he made his vows, Brown made sure he fulfilled all his post-Grand Final duties in his role as panellist on Nine's Sunday Footy Show early yesterday morning.

After talking all things footy, he raced off to prepare for his wedding.

It is understood he had former Richmond skipper Matthew Richardson in his bridal party and Tigers assistant coach Wayne Campbell delivered a reading.

Brown and Fabiyanic have a daughter, Ava Rose, born in December last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/a-grand-weekend-for-a-wedding-as-nathan-brown-ties-the-knot/story-e6frf96x-1226156428593

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 04:44:10 AM »

he was at tigerland for 6 seasons (I think), so probably not given his injuries.

if he is at the club for 6 seasons thats more than 100 ... dosent have to play the games just has to be at the club !

So 24 games a season for six seasons he was an offical tiger that 24x6 = 144 days of being a tiger

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »
is that fairdinkum?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »
Only played 82 games with us, were 22 games every season when he was playing.