Author Topic: 8 Tigers to be delisted  (Read 18288 times)

Con65

Re: 8 Tigers to be delisted
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
The Goo has a 80% kicking efficiency with 3 clangers for this year.

Personally dont think his kicking action is that bad, but time will tell.  To me he looks like he wants to boot the crap out of it but is restrained by trying to hit up a target.

Thanks Chuck...his style looks a bit awkward but he hits his targets...not everyone will look like royce heart....out of interest where did you get the stats from Chuck.

Tiga: As for team mates circling him cos they know he isnt a good kick...that too is baloney...how do you know, have you asked them?

Out of interest, why doesnt the guy who came second in our b&f last night get the same scrutiny when he kicks it to an opposition player?
From memory, he turned it over and resulted in an opposition goal ...silence on these forums about him... ;D

With all the baloney you are dishing up in this post...i might just go and order a baloney sandwich as a late lunch.  :scream

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »
That would be my call too with McGuane possible heading off to Gold Coast. If he stays I would look to trade one of Thursfield, Moore or even Rance for a pick as we seem to have an embarrassment of riches with tall defenders at the moment...

Stripes

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »
Thanks Chuck...his style looks a bit awkward but he hits his targets...not everyone will look like royce heart....out of interest where did you get the stats from Chuck.

In the official RFC site Con, just click on season 2010, then statistics, select full year and you can add disposal efficiency and clangers to the standard statisitcs.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »

Personally dont think his kicking action is that bad, but time will tell.  To me he looks like he wants to boot the crap out of it but is restrained by trying to hit up a target.

Some more stats Con:

39 disposals (18k 21h), 16 marks, 2 tackles, 13 contested possessions, 23 1%ers, 12 kicks to advantage, 3 kicks to opponent, 3 critical errors, 3 skill errors (can be the same ones as the critical errors), 27 effective disposals (69.2%).  Stats from the Pro-Stats site but can't give you a direct link because it's a subscription site.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
That would be my call too with McGuane possible heading off to Gold Coast. If he stays I would look to trade one of Thursfield, Moore or even Rance for a pick as we seem to have an embarrassment of riches with tall defenders at the moment...

Stripes

i thought Luke was contracted

Con65

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
Thanks Smokey...out of interest is 23 1%er high for 3 games..ie an average of just under 8?

Also, 12 kicks to advantage out of 18 and only 3 to opponent in 3 games means 66.66% of kicks to advantage...hardly a turnover merchant IMHO.

I note that in the voting for Jack- Gourdis got 13 votes.  finished above hislop, thomo, dea and polo and was level with Post.  Not too bad for a kid playing his first 3 games of AFL.

Unfortunatley Polo only got 2 votes, it might well be an indication of where the coaches mindsets are with Dean.  Good foot soldier, pity he didnt come on as we all would have liked.

Back to eating my baloney sandwich now.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »

Tiga: As for team mates circling him cos they know he isnt a good kick...that too is baloney...how do you know, have you asked them?

Out of interest, why doesnt the guy who came second in our b&f last night get the same scrutiny when he kicks it to an opposition player?
From memory, he turned it over and resulted in an opposition goal ...silence on these forums about him... ;D

With all the baloney you are dishing up in this post...i might just go and order a baloney sandwich as a late lunch.  :scream

Con, firstly if you are going to use a word so repetitively in a post you might want to spell it correctly...Bologna as in Bologna sausage.
As Bentleigh said Goo does have an upside with his size and pace and I have stated this from the very start and its part of my post that you have continually overlooked or is that part Bologna too?? Also Chuck throwing in AFL stats on Goo is irrelevant. That is why I didn't produce any. How can you put forward statistics of player who has only played 3 senior games and use them as some sort of evidence that he is a good kick?  But lets go down the stats path if you want....AT COBURG...2010, 15 matches for 2 goals 32 behinds...doesn't that say something to you?? Maybe there was a strong wind in those 15 matches.  ::)

Con65

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
Ahh Tiga...I am spelling baloney correctly.

As for David kicking 2.32 for the season at Coburg...dont get too excited.

sportingpulse says he kicked 32 behinds...take the game against sandringham...sporting pulse has Gourdis with 5 behinds that day...sandi won 10.18 to the burgers 10.10...yet go to
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?action=MATCH&fixture=101150713&client=1-118-0-102874-9815591
which has gorudis' 5 behinds in it...you will see that the team somehow miraculously kicked not 10 behinds but 21 behinds...and Sandi didnt kick 18 behinds but also miraculously kicked 21 behinds...there are other errors in sportingpulse stats as well...nice try but wrong

I would be very surprised if David kicked 2.32 for the season at Couburg :cheers

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 04:42:47 PM »
not everyone will look like royce heart
Who ??  Is he part of the Heart Foundation ? Jim the Anvil , Brett the Hitman and err..umm. Royce !!  ;)
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »
You bloody muppets :banghead The "B" stands for best players, not behinds. Gourdis played Full Back for Coburg. I don't think he ran off his opponent all game and averaged 2 points a game.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
You bloody muppets :banghead The "B" stands for best players, not behinds. Gourdis played Full Back for Coburg. I don't think he ran off his opponent all game and averaged 2 points a game.

God I am a weapon!  :banghead thanks Davey for clearing that up! I told you all I was Crap with statistics.

Why didn't you pick this up Con considering you follow the Goo so closely?? You didn't even know he was a backman at Coburg.
It took Davey Crockett to tell us that. He seems to know more about Gourdis than the two of us put together.

Gourdis still can't kick though!!!  :rollin

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
Its all right Tiga, don't let the facts ruin a good story

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »

Chuck it started of as a lighthearted story but I think I struck a raw nerve with Conny boy. But I guess nobody wants to admit they put their hard earned on a lame starter in the 5th at Caulfield.

Ramps

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »

Chuck it started of as a lighthearted story but I think I struck a raw nerve with Conny boy. But I guess nobody wants to admit they put their hard earned on a lame starter in the 5th at Caulfield.

I would keep Gourdis in front of Thursfield, McGuane and Rance every day of the week!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »

God I am a weapon!  :banghead thanks Davey for clearing that up! I told you all I was Crap with statistics.

No worries babe :)