Author Topic: Plough disappointed with 15 Tigers  (Read 4445 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough disappointed with 15 Tigers
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:49:29 AM »
Wallace said he was disappointed with the performance of up to 15 of his players against the Lions.

"I was disappointed in the overall performance of the team and there were about 15 who were in and out of the game," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21844011%255E19742,00.html

So who were the 7 that can be pleased with their game on Saturday night?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Plough disappointed with 15 Tigers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:28:22 AM »
jake king
kane johnson
joel bowden
daniel jackson
richo
newman
foley

thats it

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »
Dunno about Johnson. Sure the one handed mark was great but the turnover was at a crucial time.

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
jake king
kane johnsonPOLAK
joel bowden
daniel jackson
richo
newman
foley

thats it

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
jake king
kane johnsonPOLAK
joel bowden
daniel jackson
richo
newman
foley

thats it

Yep I'm with that list.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
Joel
Jacko
Richo
Newy
Foley
King
Tivs - at least Tivs' kicks had decent penetration into our forward line. A tick for that.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
Tivs - at least Tivs' kicks had decent penetration into our forward line. A tick for that.

were you at the game? by that comment i assume you were not. tivers was hopeless and 90% of the time went to the wrong option

no wonder richoman was pulling his hair out every time tivers stuffed up!

a perfect example of this was that penetrating 20 metre pass that was intercepted by hooper coming off the bench. all tivers had to do was penetrate 20 metres further cos richoman was 20 metres in the clear on a lead and rather than kick the ball 40 metres to richo he passes 20 metres straight to hooper.

great play by that penetrating tivendale

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 07:45:09 PM »
jake king
kane johnson
joel bowden
daniel jackson
richo
newman
foley

thats it

Would leave in Johnson agree there

Would take out Newman - who also hit Hooper on the chest in the last as he came off the bench AND replace him with Polak and that would be it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
were you at the game? by that comment i assume you were not. tivers was hopeless and 90% of the time went to the wrong option

This is the sort of comment that really gets my goat.Apart from the initial put down to MT, it is so factually incorrect that it leaves me totally confused. How can a person arrive at that when the facts oppose it so strongly?

a perfect example of this was that penetrating 20 metre pass that was intercepted by hooper coming off the bench. all tivers had to do was penetrate 20 metres further cos richoman was 20 metres in the clear on a lead and rather than kick the ball 40 metres to richo he passes 20 metres straight to hooper.

Two interceptions by Hooper coming off the bench, or is one of GoKent or WP wrong about the player concerned? Now, let me ponder who is more likely to be correct. Oh, that's just too hard. :D

Tiv's last qtr was excellent, and  included a couple of superb passes into the forward line (eg to Tambling)

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »
let off some steam bennett and
watch the game for yourself

Life goes on

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »
This is my thoughts on this.
We are going no where as club by playing Greg Tivendale.
Opposition players say he is weak hearted!

Ox

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »
who cares.

Its tha same old story of the senior players being mentally weak,including hat bloody richo.

Great he played with the injury he had(of which i reckon it was a beat up) but he goes missing with allthe rest.

From seniors............?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »

no wonder richoman was pulling his hair out every time tivers stuffed up!

Yes I was at the game  ::). I go to every home game. That's why I saw the whole team chose the wrong option most of the time and kick dolly up and unders and hail marys to their teammates. You do realise Lids kicked straight to an opponent in the second quarter. So did Rainesy in the third.

At least Tivs despite all his flaws and not being part of our future kicked with penetration when he kicked long into our forward line on the weekend. As GB said his last quarter was good and that pass to Tambo should be the standard kick for ALL Tigers. A forward can lead with authority with those type of kicks and his minder has bugger all chance of stopping them. I forgot because his name is Tivs he can never do anything right in some people's eyes  :whistle.

ps. As WP said that turnover was by Newy  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »
I'm sorry, you've confused me again.

I'm  also waiting for you to acknowledge your mistake regarding Tiv's phantom kick to Hooper.

Seriously, can you please try to be a little more objective when watching tiv play? The stats in the Age said he had no critical errors at all on saturday night. I've  now watched the replay (after also being at the match) and I tried hard to see all these errors and wrong options you'd referred to (the 90% of his disposals). Out of 22 disposals, I could only count maybe a couple. One example - in the last qtr he stepped off the line after marking and was called to play on. He looked for someone to pass to, saw no one, so under pressure kicked long down the line. No RFC player was there to receive it. Even if someone else can find 3, or even 4, it's so far from 20.

Just a thought - you don't know any RFC supporters of Italian ancestry who live down Geelong way, by any chance?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:15:54 PM by Gordon Bennett »

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »
I'm sorry, you've confused me again.

Just a thought - you don't know any RFC supporters of Italian ancestry who live down Geelong way, by any chance?

now you have me confused ??? what the heck are you on about there ???