Author Topic: Finals crystal ball: Week one scenarios with and without Essendon (afl site)  (Read 1929 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Finals crystal ball: Week one scenarios with and without Essendon

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-25/finals-crystal-ball

----------------------------------------------------

If Essendon isn't rubbed out....

5. RICHMOND
56 points (14 wins, seven losses) 121.4 per cent

Round 23:
Essendon at the MCG

If the Tigers win next week by enough to maintain their percentage gap on Collingwood:
- They'll finish fifth and host Port Adelaide in an elimination final

If they win but are overhauled by Collingwood on percentage:
- They'll finish sixth and play Essendon in an elimination final

If the Tigers lose next week and the Pies also lose:
- They will finish sixth and face a blockbuster elimination final against Collingwood

If they lose and the Pies win:
- They'll finish seventh and play Essendon in a knockout final

Predicted finish: fifth
Predicted finals match-up: Richmond v Port Adelaide, first elimination final at the MCG.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-25/finals-crystal-ball

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Just our luck to have to play either Carlton or North when, without the Essendon scenario we'll be facing off against the much easier challenge of Port. The footy gods hate us I've decided

dwaino

Reckon will be playing Carlton  :banghead I don't think we'll lose to them again though. Just a hunch.

Hellenic Tiger

Reckon will be playing Carlton  :banghead I don't think we'll lose to them again though. Just a hunch.

There will be a few worried faces if we face Carlton with blokes like Judd and others who are injured atm possibly returning. As I have said would hate to be knocked out by Carlton or let alone any other team finishing 9th bc of the Essendon scenario. To me it would be ironic and a kick in the teeth given our wretched luck in the 90's and early 00's finishing 9th.

dwaino

They will have Kreuzer back, but Judd won't be back as he only comes out of a brace this week or next, and McLean would be borderline if he's to miss 1-2 after his strain the other night. Would rather not face them too but I reckon the loss and complacency will be fresh in our minds and we'll get them back. Like I said, not confident but just a hunch  :cheers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
I hate that we have made finals and we might have to play a team that are drug cheats or a team that do not deserve to be finalists.

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

I hate that we have made finals and we might have to play a team that are drug cheats or a team that do not deserve to be finalists.

Ahahahahaha ;D

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
We WON'T lose to Carlton in a final, not worried about that. Norf would concern me!

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
We WON'T lose to Carlton in a final, not worried about that. Norf would concern me!

I feel very confident if we were to face the Bombers or Blues, we would win comfortably in a finals setting. Can't say the same for North Melbourne. Our club seems to be inept in containing Boomer Harvey

gerkin greg

what about the time Jacko ripped his arm from its socket a kicked it into the yarra?

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
what about the time Jacko ripped his arm from its socket a kicked it into the yarra?

hahahaha yes why of course! how could I forget..... in all fairness he's made us pay ever since...... do we need to remind him again? or pinch him Crowley style?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame

My favourite Jacko moment. What a fairy.  :clapping