Author Topic: Daniel Connors [merged]  (Read 52139 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Daniel Connors
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »
wayne carey , gary ablett snr, fevola, pike, gherig,  hall, amongst 100s of ex player had bad attitude and egos , who gives a f, if DC can get his body right and win games for us with his footy smarts and skill , thats all that matters
ffs not everyone can be a saint

all those players you listed had tremendous talent and/or where physically gifted. DC has good/quite good talent at best and is average size. Not enough to build a career on. Its an increasingly professional industry now too, you cant get away with poor aerobic fitness anymore. He needs to wise up if he wants to make it.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
bla bla bla,,,,, all precious now arent we

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
 :angel:

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
wayne carey , gary ablett snr, fevola, pike, gherig,  hall, amongst 100s of ex player had bad attitude and egos , who gives a f, if DC can get his body right and win games for us with his footy smarts and skill , thats all that matters

There a quite a number of premiership flags in that list of bad boys x. I think this is notable. Is it one of the winning ingredients to have a couple of players with a bad attitude?

tony_montana

« Reply #529 on: April 17, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »

wont make it, need more than talent to make it these days. This bloke has never been afl fit and conditioned, looks worse lately.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
Even if he gets into the best condition possible, he's missed 12 months of football and we have replaced him with better skilled options.

Biding time.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
Connors seemingly wasting a spot on the list is a shame. Could of had another.young mid comming thou the ranks.

Would be nice if he came good.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:24:50 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Connors gets his chance (RFC)
« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
Connors gets his chance

Full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138626/default.aspx

First game in more than a year. Last chance for Dan you would think?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Daniel Connors [merged]
« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
I think he will play a full game..

O'Hanlon will be the sub.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
every one tells me hes a great kick i think not.
okay attitude aside to date hes made too many.
1/  skill errors.shocking by foot at times. dont think its a serious flaw but it happens too often. needs to learn to kick within his limitations and stop trying the fancy poo.
2/ poor decisions,  hes been as dumb as they come on the footy field. yet hes a smart player knows where to go knows how to find it. this can be fixed again with him playing within his limitations and maybe taking safer options
3/ hes as slow as they come. this cant be fixed but can be compensated for with footy smarts.
4/ he has no motor. this too can be fixed but its been the same for 6 yrs.
5/ the lack of a defensive bone in his body. again if he wants a regular game he had better fix it and work both ways.
most of  these things can be worked on and improved in some cases a lot. but for 6 yrs these things have stagnated.

this stagnation for 6yrs  combined with his attitude has had me write him off i dont think after 6 yrs things will change too much. but  there is some hope.

its funny and a contradiction but a strength can be his kicking at times.  a strength can be his smarts  and his ability to get to good spots just needs to stop making poor decisions.
i suppose its this that has seen people back him in. for me hes had long enough.

gerkin greg

« Reply #535 on: June 14, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »
Enjoys a trip to Sydney  :cheers

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #536 on: June 14, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
every one tells me hes a great kick i think not.
okay attitude aside to date hes made too many.
1/  skill errors.shocking by foot at times. dont think its a serious flaw but it happens too often. needs to learn to kick within his limitations and stop trying the fancy poo.
2/ poor decisions,  hes been as dumb as they come on the footy field. yet hes a smart player knows where to go knows how to find it. this can be fixed again with him playing within his limitations and maybe taking safer options
3/ hes as slow as they come. this cant be fixed but can be compensated for with footy smarts.
4/ he has no motor. this too can be fixed but its been the same for 6 yrs.
5/ the lack of a defensive bone in his body. again if he wants a regular game he had better fix it and work both ways.
most of  these things can be worked on and improved in some cases a lot. but for 6 yrs these things have stagnated.

this stagnation for 6yrs  combined with his attitude has had me write him off i dont think after 6 yrs things will change too much. but  there is some hope.

its funny and a contradiction but a strength can be his kicking at times.  a strength can be his smarts  and his ability to get to good spots just needs to stop making poor decisions.
i suppose its this that has seen people back him in. for me hes had long enough.

is there a player you think is ok??

tony_montana

« Reply #537 on: June 14, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »
waste of game time

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »
Last roll of the dice.

Needs a miracle
Go Tigers!

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »
It's always a morbid sight to see a player who looks like he is playing his last game for the Tigers. It's like a mercy kill at the Coliseum. I can hear the moans and groans of the crowd now as I think about Kent Kingsley and JON making stupid errors, with Tiger fans almost willing them to make more mistakes so we could be assured that we would never see them in a Richmond jumper again. And of course who could forget the pitiful laughter at Shane Morrison's dropped marks or Tambling's miskicks.

Luckily for Dan he is at GWS and wont be under the same scrutiny as he might be at the MCG. I hope this eases the pressure on his first  few possessions and he really makes a go of it on the day. If he can get 20 possessions at 80% eff, he may even hold onto his spot.