Author Topic: Has Chocco really been good?  (Read 5227 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Has Chocco really been good?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
Opening myself up to some real bashings I would assume but it is a genuine question. Apparently he works with the younger cubs and tell, who has really come on? Ellis has gone backwards, Griff was meant to improve but has ended up back where he was and at his age should be at least making a decent fist of it, Vlaustin is okay but he came into the club at an already okay level and none of Arnott, Helbig, McIntosh, Williams, O'Hanlon look like they are going to make it. McDonough and McBean are the only young players in the magoo's who look like they could come on to become good players and I'll give Elton a break because he is a big fella but he really has shown nothing.

Apparently he has worked with Martin and he is having a good season but it had nothing to do with his football ability, maybe Chocco should be our new counselor?

Harsh on McIntosh IMV. Serious shoulder injury last year (shoulder reco IIRC). Medial knee in the pres-season and nasty foot injury in the last 4-5 weeks. Should be back after the bye.

Personally have high hopes for this kid  :thumbsup

As for Choco reckon he is gong a good job but considering how poor our development program's have been over the last few years I reckon his job is bigger than any of us could have envisaged

As if Ellis has gone backwards , what a ridiculous statement or are you talking about his haircut  ::)

Ellis has gone backwards. You seem to be one of the few that doesn't recognise that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
Thought ellis was awful for the first part the season,but the past 4 weeks cannot fault him

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
Interesting comment, never considered it before but certainly young player development hasn't been great.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »
It's fairly odd and it's very very strange.

It's certainly a major absence from last year, Chocco is a ghost now.

Is he still there? Is he is stealth mode?
Maybes he's contracted Tigeritis™®© and it's making him very very sick.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on the culture at Richmond. Hopefully he sheds some light on the issues when he leaves.
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
Opening myself up to some real bashings I would assume but it is a genuine question. Apparently he works with the younger cubs and tell, who has really come on? Ellis has gone backwards, Griff was meant to improve but has ended up back where he was and at his age should be at least making a decent fist of it, Vlaustin is okay but he came into the club at an already okay level and none of Arnott, Helbig, McIntosh, Williams, O'Hanlon look like they are going to make it. McDonough and McBean are the only young players in the magoo's who look like they could come on to become good players and I'll give Elton a break because he is a big fella but he really has shown nothing.

Apparently he has worked with Martin and he is having a good season but it had nothing to do with his football ability, maybe Chocco should be our new counselor?

Harsh on McIntosh IMV. Serious shoulder injury last year (shoulder reco IIRC). Medial knee in the pres-season and nasty foot injury in the last 4-5 weeks. Should be back after the bye.

Personally have high hopes for this kid  :thumbsup

As for Choco reckon he is gong a good job but considering how poor our development program's have been over the last few years I reckon his job is bigger than any of us could have envisaged

As if Ellis has gone backwards , what a ridiculous statement or are you talking about his haircut  ::)

Ellis has gone backwards. You seem to be one of the few that doesn't recognise that
were on the same page with mcintosh wp.  cant do much about injuries.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
chocco is on the outs with Dimma because he refuses to be his yes man, he will be gone at seasons end just like leppa and campbo before him.

Dimma doesn't like being challenged, he wants yes men around him and that's what he has, that's why we don't have a plan B, and that's why we are screwed

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
chocco is on the outs with Dimma because he refuses to be his yes man, he will be gone at seasons end just like leppa and campbo before him.

Dimma doesn't like being challenged, he wants yes men around him and that's what he has, that's why we don't have a plan B, and that's why we are screwed

Didn't Leppa get a first grade coaching gig, I think that is plenty of reason for him to go rather than making some poo up

And as for Campbell ..........

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
Ellis has had 5 games over 30 possies , he averages 25 a game 72% in his third season, he s an outside mid, they're vital too. stuff me dead if I'm mistaken but I can't ever recall him playing better than that, spare me the bloated opinion and run me by number of best player appearances in past season and stats compared to 2014, just waiti until I get the popcorn , this will be a doozy  :ROTFL
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »
Ellis has had 5 games over 30 possies , he averages 25 a game 72% in his third season, he s an outside mid, they're vital too. stuff me dead if I'm mistaken but I can't ever recall him playing better than that, spare me the bloated opinion and run me by number of best player appearances in past season and stats compared to 2014, just waiti until I get the popcorn , this will be a doozy  :ROTFL

As Jangalang correctly points out Ellis' stats show more consistency than before, however I'd argue that in the early stages of last season before he pinged a hammy, he looked like making the step to being a really, really good player.

In my eyes he has settled at a level below that.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 09:52:31 PM »
Ellis avg 18 possies a game in 2013, this year 25 possies a game after a slow start to the season, yeah I see it , he s gone backwards  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 09:56:13 PM »
Ellis  , he s gone backwards  ::)
sums up about 2/3 of his possessions
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »
Ellis avg 18 possies a game in 2013, this year 25 possies a game after a slow start to the season, yeah I see it , he s gone backwards  ::)

It's not all abt posessions same applies with Thomas.

I'll take quality over quantity and furthermore in another thread I explained the way in which posessions are graded just because it is effective does not mean it is good ie hitting your teammate with a handball that is stationary and ready to be tackled is still graded as an effective disposal even though it really and the same applies to a Ellis 30 metre wedge that reaches the stratosphere doesn't mean that because a teammate got his hands to it in a marking contest it is an effective disposal. Anyway.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 10:48:11 PM »
Ellis Butchers the ball like Hackson.............he is the Hackson upgrade......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »
Maybe he has always been soft and hasn't really gone backwards

Just throwing it out there

Nothing to do with how soft he is because as you said, he has always been soft. His disposal has gone downhill at a rate of knots and for someone who barely gets contested possessions (literally none last week) it just isn't good enough.

Okay maybe a little harsh on McIntosh but I just wasn't impressed with his pre season form and he hasn't shown much the rest of the time but I think I underestimated his injury run.

Stats comparison? He is averaging less goals, less contested marks and only slightly more contested possessions BUT the ratio has dramatically increased into uncontested possessions. Despite all of this effort to become even more outside his effective disposals have gone down from 81.2% to 72% this year and that's because of his increased clangers per game. Also clearances have remained the same. So how does his increased disposal count look now? Would love to get my hands on the meters gained stat from this year and last. I reckon even with his increased disposals his TOTAL meters gained would be lower, let alone his AVERAGE.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
yep & of those 25 possies per game half of them are hacked kicks without looking to nobody or straight down the oppositions throat who go onto kick goals. He needs a good slapping behind the JD stand  ;D