Author Topic: Terry's Replacment  (Read 5352 times)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Terry's Replacment
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »
The board needs to do everything in it's power to get Nathan Buckley to the club.

It is his destiny, and it is our destiny. There is a nice symmetry to a Collingwood person bringing the Tigers back to where we should be.

He more than likely wont want to take us over mid season, so we probably need to put in a caretaker who has got no hope of senior coaching permanently (ie a David King) to be the seat warmer.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
How about one of you "experts" you seem to know whats going wrong and how to fix it.
FFS what the point of getting rid of him mis season, There is no one to take his place! You know how it works when coaches are replaced like this, we win one or two and then we poo ourselves and fall in a heap. Until our players learn to respect each other, themselves and who ever their coach may be, we wont win a chook raffle!
Its time to send out a press release "Wallace Stays Till Season End" then shut up shop with no comments from EVERYONE board, players, boot studders and supporters and just go and learn how to play footy again!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »
How about one of you "experts" you seem to know whats going wrong and how to fix it.
FFS what the point of getting rid of him mis season, There is no one to take his place! You know how it works when coaches are replaced like this, we win one or two and then we poo ourselves and fall in a heap. Until our players learn to respect each other, themselves and who ever their coach may be, we wont win a chook raffle!
Its time to send out a press release "Wallace Stays Till Season End" then shut up shop with no comments from EVERYONE board, players, boot studders and supporters and just go and learn how to play footy again!

He has to go.
Both last week and today we had over 75% of our possesions in the back half of the ground. ( you win NO GAMES playing like that )
Why do we have 2 of the best long kicks in the game REPEATEDLY kicking 20 metres ( Lids and Newman )  ???
Because thats what they are TOLD to do. FACT

Jackstar is back

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
Hey 2JD, do you want us to lose every game ? as thats what will happen if he doesnt go

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »
Hey 2JD, do you want us to lose every game ? as thats what will happen if he doesnt go
At least then the new coach in 2010 starts his new additions to our list with a No.1 pick who most likely will be a key forward  :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
At least then the new coach in 2010 starts his new additions to our list with a No.1 pick who most likely will be a key forward  :whistle.

whats the point

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 08:49:16 PM »
Can we get fair dinkum here for just one little moment

The FACT is if we sack the coach we will get a caretaker

We are not going to get Buckley, Hardwick, Malthouse or Elvis is is not going to happen mid-season.

We will get a caretaker from within and there is an almighty chance that if that person (whoever it is) wins say 8 games they will get the gig fulltime..... and then you will all sook in 2010 when we are in exactly the same spot we are now

Now before the usual suspects start in on me I am going to make this very clear.

I have not deviated from my whole view on this and that is TW has a 5 year contract, his future will and should be determined at the end of the contract. If we don't make finals he will be gone, I have no problem with that but sacking a coach 4 games in or mid-season is not the answer.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Can we get fair dinkum here for just one little moment

The FACT is if we sack the coach we will get a caretaker

We are not going to get Buckley, Hardwick, Malthouse or Elvis is is not going to happen mid-season.

We will get a caretaker from within and there is an almighty chance that if that person (whoever it is) wins say 8 games they will get the gig fulltime..... and then you will all sook in 2010 when we are in exactly the same spot we are now

Now before the usual suspects start in on me I am going to make this very clear.

I have not deviated from my whole view on this and that is TW has a 5 year contract, his future will and should be determined at the end of the contract. If we don't make finals he will be gone, I have no problem with that but sacking a coach 4 games in or mid-season is not the answer.

Your funny WP , "' if we dont make the finals"" 
REALITY CHECK, we wont win a game at this rate.
If he doesnt go, the place will turn into a wreck, it will completely ruin the RFC brand, it will be back to the late 1990,s where supporters dropped off with members not going to the games.
This what needs to happen, he goes tomorrow, caretaker coach takes over, and we play competitive football.
FACT. We are the WORST tackling side in the competition.
Why ? You tell me, you love Terry.
As a supporter , I am bleeding and have been for 3 years, why ? AS I SEEN WHAT WAS WRONG 3 years ago.
this cannot continue

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 09:05:06 PM »
Why ? You tell me, you love Terry.
As a supporter , I am bleeding and have been for 3 years, why ? AS I SEEN WHAT WAS WRONG 3 years ago.
this cannot continue

Who said I love TW.... you did not me

Bottom line and it is very simple Jack I am very much old school and that is you honour contracts

Add to that as I have said many times I will not blame one person for what is going on.

Sorry but our players have to held to account for their pathetic efforts. IMHO some acid needs to go on them

The lack of leadership out there today was the worst it's been in quite some time

So who do we blame for that? Oh yeah that's right that's the coaches fault too

As for the circus that we are at the moment unlike you I blame the entire club for it...

As for bleeding .... you've only been bleeding for 3 years; well aren't you lucky. For me it's been nearly 30 years....

Jackstar is back

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
pathetic efforts = bad game plan. Who is responsible,? The coach.
The players are told to kick short kicks out  of D 50. Fact.
I could go on and on, I cant be bothered

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 09:10:11 PM »

At some point pride in your own performance has to kick in

Is that a promise  :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

You really need to loosen up Jack

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »

At some point pride in your own performance has to kick in

Is that a promise  :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

You really need to loosen up Jack

Am just watching the replay, it aint good

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »
Am just watching the replay, it aint good

Don't need to watch it now will have a copy of the game by the end of the week

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
It is evident that Terry will not be coaching the club next year. I know he has 18 games left but I find that it would be more beneficial for him to either jump or be forced to jump for the betterment of the list. It's not about honoring contracts its about the club

The kids have absolutely no confidence. It's shot. They have no confidence in the coach and in his game plan and the message is not getting across in many cases. Yes there are some players who can't cut but essentially the coach has lost the list. No point further exposing these kids to this continual losing culture and losing game plan that may psychologically inhibit them in the future and turn good kids into losers in terms of mentality on the footy field. I would hate to see someone like Cotch or Rance play like Jackson or White merely because of overexposure to a deficient game plan bereft of skill tackling and hard footy that is deficient to  mind body and soul. This loser mentality is apparent to our culture and we need to eradicate this NOW.

We need to start now. Sack Terry and appoint Sheeds as a caretaker till the end of the season to get some sort of stability in the role and a fair and frank appraisal on the list rather than have an outsider or a dud come in and say I need a couple of years to see who I want and who I don't. Have him as a mentor if you will and hopefully he can try and instill a winning mentality.

If Gary March is fair dinkum he would be onto the manager of Damian Hardwick and he should sign him up for three years. If anybody who could coach us next year how a rebuild should occur its Hardwick. After all he has overseen much of Hawthorn's rebuild first hand and will know what to do. Sign Hardwick up for three years and he will at least have Sheeds there and will also bring his own staff and has the mongrel and pride in his work to make sure the job gets done properly with no cutting of corners.

Wallace and his loyal band of unintelligent assistant coaches must not be allowed to further inhibit the nurturing and growth of the young kids who can play on our list with the current state of crap with regards to game plan tactics and culture.
For goodness sake sack Wallace and pay him out.
It's not about the contract nor the money its about the mentality that has not been fully ingrained as yet on these kids who are our future.
Another 18 weeks of this and 34000 members could be 25000 next year in a cut throat environment such as this especially if we have NOTHING TO HANG OUR HATS ON. RFC please consider this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »

whats the point
Pretty simple Jack. Even with a new coach and new gamestyle next year we need at the very least a gun big forward to straighten the side up and give our players the option to kick longer if not in 2010 but by 2012 when the youngsters on our list now mature or are starting to mature and Richo is retired. The first pick in this year's November draft (the last non-GC one) will be a big forward called John Butcher who starred in the U18 champs last year even though he was too young to be drafted. Finishing last wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to us.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd